CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.8

on 4/3/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Clinique's Superbalanced foundation is my everyday foundation, but it doesn't last all day and needs several touch ups. I wanted something I could easily wear on days that I don't get home for 10 hours.

I ordered medium deep, which matches my skin well. In cooler weather, I need a thin layer of moisturizer under this. In the summer, I can skip the additional moisturizer. I apply this with my fingers and blend. I dust powder over top and it lasts all day with blotting once.

Pros: oil-free, color matches, SPF 30, light coverage that looks natural, lasts 8+ hrs. (with blotting), looks good in photos, not cakey, doesn't break out my skin

Cons: does feel tacky at first, does need powder to cut down the shine on my oily skin

**Edit: I love this for the summer! I wash my face, apply this, add powder, and finish with a little blush. Very easy to wear.

on 11/19/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Something about myself:
Chinese ethnic lives in humid super hot tropical city
skin type: combination oily with acne prone, the yucky oily mostly appears on my T zone (a lot!), my chin and my monolid's eyelid
skin color: NC30 or C3 on MAC, with yellow undertone

Pro:
- I bought this on natural colour, matches perfectly on my skin
- paraben free
- decent amount of SPF (30) with natural sunscreen ingredient
- blend nicely with finger (my favorite method, I don't really like using brush to blend my foundation/bb cream, am planning to try beauty blender though)
- great packaging, easy to travel with, very light, and you can cut it when it is finishing
- it doesn't smell at all, I couldn't smell any perfume in it. It doesn't state any perfume on the ingredient also.

Con:
- too greasy on my oily skin. I already use MAC blot powder on top of the cc cream, but it only holds 4-5 hours until it becomes so greasy.
- I think it breaks my skin out, I'm still suspecting, need more time to actually sure about this since I have only been using this on and off for 2 month.
- very low coverage, even for daily use, it could wiped easily from skin when it becomes too greasy.
- quite expensive

I really really really really want to love this product, but each time I use it, the more I hated it. But I will try to finish the whole bottle and see if I change my mind.

on 2/18/2016 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have major problem with my skin so far, and my skin is quiet strong when it comes to trying out different products (very insensitive) so I don't really use foundation.
The only base I use for my face is this CC cream.
I used a Korean BB cream before (even before the craze about BB cream started). So this review is based on my comparison between my old BB cream and this Clinique CC Cream...

This CC cream has more human like color when applied . When I used my BB cream long time ago, I always looked ghastly gray at first that I actually need to wait quiet a while for it to oxidise before going out. This Clinique CC Cream does not leave a ghastly gray cast when applied and when it oxidises, it gives a very natural, healthy looking skin.

It has a low - medium coverage. Good for people looking for just an everyday base make up (I mostly use it just to even out my skin tone, not to cover up major blemishes / marks because this product might be too weak for that purpose)

Thick consistency - Compared to other CC cream that I have tried, this one has a tiny bit thicker consistency. Because I like a runnier consistency for my cc cream (because it's easier to be spread around), I usually mix it with my Clinique moisturiser first, and then put spots of it on my face and dab it away with my damp beauty blender.

Would buy again in the future ! I am actually on my 3rd bottle right now :)

on 5/18/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was browsing the makeup/skincare section at my local department store looking for a good bb/cc cream that I can easily put on by itself. I was quite intrigued by Clinique's moisture surge cc-cream as I have oily and dehydrated skin, with uneven skin tone (i'm slightly pinkish on my cheeks).

The SA was kind enough to offer to use the cc-cream on my whole face (they ran out of samples). The shade she used was Natural. To my surprise, after application, my skin tone was even, my acne scars are less obvious and my skin looks so much better!

To be honest, when I was trying out the Clinique cc-cream, I had already purchased a BB cream from Laneige. I was so impressed by this cc cream that I returned the BB cream immediately!

Pros:
- Decent coverage. The shade matched my skin tone perfectly. It gave me a very natural look and it doesn't look cake-y!
- Easy to apply and absorb. It does not require much blending unlike my previous Bobbi Brown BB cream.
- Can wear the cc cream on its own.

Cons:
As I have oily skin and live in an extremely humid place, I needed to blot my t-zone after 3 to 4 hours. But in comparison with other bb creams & primers, this cc-cream has adequate oil control. I think people with dry or normal skin should have no problem with this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First of all, i've only been using this for the past week, so it might be subject to change.

I am seriously loving this cc cream. This was my first experience in the wonderful world of bb/cc creams and I must say that i'm very pleasantly surprised. I'm about a Mac nc40 and I found that the medium matched me pretty well. My skin is on the normal to dry side and this product gives me very natural, glowy skin with the added protection of a SPF 30 and great hydration. I have to say though, that I have had great success with the clinique moisture surge line with this product also being part of. Seems to last all day and best of all, works as a fantastic primer for those days you need the extra coverage and decide to add another foundation on top. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't personally own this product (I used my sister in law's a couple times), but I'm willing to purchase one for myself.
At first, it feels rather heavy because I expect BB/CC creams to be lighter than foundation. After application, it turns out smooth and lighter than I thought - the way CC creams I think should be. You can apply it with brush, sponge, or bare fingers, but I find fingers to be the best applicator because it 'melts' down the thickness a little. It also stays on for about 5 hours in humid places like Indonesia, and required only a little touch up. A dollop of product will go a long way, especially if your skin is relatively blemish-free.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I FREAKING LOVE this CC Cream. I got so many compliments from wearing it. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It doesn't clog pores. It is just amazing. It also match my skin colour very well, I have olive skin and 'Medium Deep' really suits me. I am in Australia and it costs me $45 here. But I am planning to get the next one from eBay since I already knew my shades. I highly recommend this product to anyone who doesn't like using thick foundation.

on 2/13/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use it regularly, only when I feel that my skin not in a glowing condition. This cc cream helps me to get that glowing back and it blends perfectly. This ain't felt thick either. This is my favorite!

on 3/29/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this product in the shade medium and I think its alright. I have dark Indian skin and it works quite well but I find the price a bit much for the product. But it does last for a long time. I've had mine for a good 5 months and it's still not empty.

The packaging is nice and simple nothing to fancy. Also it does not appear thick on your skin and gives a natural glow. It IS a bit too dewy for me so I just use some matte powder.
It does require a good amount of blending though or it looks whitish.

on 7/10/2014 7:22:00 PM

Horrible! Very hard to blend, the consistency is very thick! I have acne scars and It sits into them and make them visible ever than before!! So patchy!!! I try this 3-4 times and want to love this, but I can not!! Waste 45AUD...