Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't personally own this product (I used my sister in law's a couple times), but I'm willing to purchase one for myself.
At first, it feels rather heavy because I expect BB/CC creams to be lighter than foundation. After application, it turns out smooth and lighter than I thought - the way CC creams I think should be. You can apply it with brush, sponge, or bare fingers, but I find fingers to be the best applicator because it 'melts' down the thickness a little. It also stays on for about 5 hours in humid places like Indonesia, and required only a little touch up. A dollop of product will go a long way, especially if your skin is relatively blemish-free.

on 2/18/2016 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have major problem with my skin so far, and my skin is quiet strong when it comes to trying out different products (very insensitive) so I don't really use foundation.
The only base I use for my face is this CC cream.
I used a Korean BB cream before (even before the craze about BB cream started). So this review is based on my comparison between my old BB cream and this Clinique CC Cream...

This CC cream has more human like color when applied . When I used my BB cream long time ago, I always looked ghastly gray at first that I actually need to wait quiet a while for it to oxidise before going out. This Clinique CC Cream does not leave a ghastly gray cast when applied and when it oxidises, it gives a very natural, healthy looking skin.

It has a low - medium coverage. Good for people looking for just an everyday base make up (I mostly use it just to even out my skin tone, not to cover up major blemishes / marks because this product might be too weak for that purpose)

Thick consistency - Compared to other CC cream that I have tried, this one has a tiny bit thicker consistency. Because I like a runnier consistency for my cc cream (because it's easier to be spread around), I usually mix it with my Clinique moisturiser first, and then put spots of it on my face and dab it away with my damp beauty blender.

Would buy again in the future ! I am actually on my 3rd bottle right now :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I FREAKING LOVE this CC Cream. I got so many compliments from wearing it. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It doesn't clog pores. It is just amazing. It also match my skin colour very well, I have olive skin and 'Medium Deep' really suits me. I am in Australia and it costs me $45 here. But I am planning to get the next one from eBay since I already knew my shades. I highly recommend this product to anyone who doesn't like using thick foundation.

on 3/29/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this product in the shade medium and I think its alright. I have dark Indian skin and it works quite well but I find the price a bit much for the product. But it does last for a long time. I've had mine for a good 5 months and it's still not empty.

The packaging is nice and simple nothing to fancy. Also it does not appear thick on your skin and gives a natural glow. It IS a bit too dewy for me so I just use some matte powder.
It does require a good amount of blending though or it looks whitish.

on 1/23/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised to see how many people hate this product while to me this Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream does great. I think the key for the perfect application of this cream is to have our skin properly moisturized first. When I first bought this cream back in Sept 2013, the beautician at Clinique's counter explained that I would still need to moisturize my skin before applying it, because CC cream isn't a moisturizing product. I was given some sachets of Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizing gel for sample, to apply before the CC cream. The CC cream worked very well since the beginning. I love how it glides smoothly on my skin, and how it evens out my skin tone as well as creates natural shades that looks fresh and dewy. To me the texture is not thick at all. It's very easy to apply and blend on properly moisturized skin. I apply it on my face using my fingertips, as I believe that my body heat helps blending it even more. The beautiful tone stays for hours that I go to work with it and still have my beautiful glowing skin at the end of the day. I don't continue using Clinique's moisturizing gel, though. It's because I prefer using my SK II stempower cream or my dermatologist's morning cream. My skin is picky. It breaks out easily when it gets a wrong product. But with Clinique's CC cream it stays calm and gets even more beautiful. I love it! :)

on 7/10/2014 7:22:00 PM

Horrible! Very hard to blend, the consistency is very thick! I have acne scars and It sits into them and make them visible ever than before!! So patchy!!! I try this 3-4 times and want to love this, but I can not!! Waste 45AUD...

on 6/21/2014 9:38:00 AM

Hmm not sure about this , does give you a nice glow , especially if i mix it with my maybelline BB cream but every time i use it i get breakouts on my chin

on 2/13/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use it regularly, only when I feel that my skin not in a glowing condition. This cc cream helps me to get that glowing back and it blends perfectly. This ain't felt thick either. This is my favorite!

I still don't get CC creams. I got a generous sample of Light shade from a helpful Clinique SA. I have been using La Roche Posay Uvidea BB cream and quite like it. Since CC creams offer more coverage, I decided to try it. The Clinique CC cream is thicker and harder to apply than the LRP BB cream and Dior Nude foundation. I applied it over the moisture surge extended relief gel moisturiser. It takes ages to blend using my fingers and there were still splotches. I had to use a sponge to blend it out. If I have to go to the trouble of using tools other than my fingers, I might as well use my foundation which gives a better finish and the shade fits me way better than this CC cream. It made my face shiny (too much dewiness) and I needed to use powder to tone it down. When I sweat, it can slide off my face as well. The colour is too pink for my yellow Asian skin tone. Again, why bother? I gave 3 stars because it does even the skin tone IF the shade matches and it did last quite a while on the face.

on 11/19/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Something about myself:
Chinese ethnic lives in humid super hot tropical city
skin type: combination oily with acne prone, the yucky oily mostly appears on my T zone (a lot!), my chin and my monolid's eyelid
skin color: NC30 or C3 on MAC, with yellow undertone

Pro:
- I bought this on natural colour, matches perfectly on my skin
- paraben free
- decent amount of SPF (30) with natural sunscreen ingredient
- blend nicely with finger (my favorite method, I don't really like using brush to blend my foundation/bb cream, am planning to try beauty blender though)
- great packaging, easy to travel with, very light, and you can cut it when it is finishing
- it doesn't smell at all, I couldn't smell any perfume in it. It doesn't state any perfume on the ingredient also.

Con:
- too greasy on my oily skin. I already use MAC blot powder on top of the cc cream, but it only holds 4-5 hours until it becomes so greasy.
- I think it breaks my skin out, I'm still suspecting, need more time to actually sure about this since I have only been using this on and off for 2 month.
- very low coverage, even for daily use, it could wiped easily from skin when it becomes too greasy.
- quite expensive

I really really really really want to love this product, but each time I use it, the more I hated it. But I will try to finish the whole bottle and see if I change my mind.