Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

on 8/8/2017 12:16:00 PM

I have combination oily skin and spend my days in an AC controlled indoor environment. This product comes in limited shades. The SPF factor and sheer to light coverage would make this product good for a fast makeup look (e.g., going to the grocery store)

My skin tone is about Mac C3, or Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W0/2W1. I have this product in "Medium" which is dark for me. It has a more pink undertone than yellow so it wasn't a good match at all. The consistency of this product is very thick, making the product difficult to blend out. Using a low-quality or cheap powder (flour-y or not finely milled) with this CC cream could result in a very big cakey mess on your face. It felt like heavy cream sitting on top of my face instead of being "absorbed" in (not light weight at all). I can definitely feel like I am wearing something on my face. Some CC cream can be used alone or underneath a foundation (as it is a color corrector) but it would not be a good idea with this product just because of how thick it is.

I found the best method to apply this product is to use a brush or finger instead of a damp sponge. It smelled a little weird, though not a "bad" smell. I did not feel like it provided me any extra "moisture surge" or "hydration" like the product suggests.

The product did not work for me, and I didn't enjoy it. I would not purchase this again regardless of the price tag.

FYI: The shade names across the globe differs (USA vs. Asia).

on 4/29/2017 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I went to Belk to purchase my usual Clinique powder and the makeup consultant gave me a sample of this free. The sample came in a pretty generous size able to be used a few times for full application. The consultant matched me to the color "light medium". Whenever I first tried this on I noticed RIGHT AWAY that the color match was AWFULLY WRONG! This was darker than what I would have thought light medium would have looked like. So naturally I didn't like it because, well, the color was way off! Fast forward a couple months and I have been getting in the tanning bed. Since my skin was shades darker I decided to try this product again and see if I could make it work. It absolutely did! The color was PERFECT now and matched me exactly. I was excited! It blurred my imperfections, didn't dry my skin out, looked so natural, and matched my skin perfectly! It definitely has buildable coverage as well and a little bit can go a long way... It has a dewy finish by itself so I put on a powder over it and perfect! I will note however, that if you have oily skin like me (in my t-zone particularly) you may have to add more powder for a touch up to keep the look mattified... No big deal and takes only a few seconds. All in all, I definitely think this is worth trying out... See if you can get a sample and give it a try!

on 9/10/2016 8:43:00 PM

loving it. apply easily. look very natural. No need foundation anymore. light coverage only. suits my skin perfectly and the hot temperature of where I live.

on 9/7/2016 10:05:00 PM

I got this this on a splurge of the moment, and I cant say I'm dissapointed. For reference, i have combo skin leaning torwards dry in the fall/winter very oily in summer/spring. I got this because summer is coming to an end and I knew that my mattifying foundations would no longer have use. I stumbled upon this at a clinque and gave it a try. It was pricey for a cc cream $40 dollars I think. Normally I would NEVER spend that much money on something I hadnt at least looked up first. But anyways, the first time I tried it was after a shower so my skin was dry. I used my handy beautyblender to apply. I squeezed about two pea sized amount of product onto the back of my hand which was the perfect amount to cover my face. When applied it definetly feels hydrating, and water light too. This blended beautifully. However, I did find that it was harder to blend, but not impossible by any means, on some of my really bad dry spots. Though i did forget to moisturize...Either way, at the end of application, my skin tone was even with only a little redness peaking through. I had a nice dewy finish that didnt looke greasy at all. since it was going to be hot that day I set it with a mattifying powder. it held up great, even when my skin got really oily. This will definetly be great for the winter, when my skin is actually dry. But I am really impressed. There are nine shades, but anybody with really fair or really deep skin tones probably wont find a suitable color match. I would reccomend for anybody with dry to slightly oily skin. overall I am very pleased. One thing I did notice is that if you are the person who "dots" the product on their face then blends, which I am, then do it in parts like right cheek then forhead and so on otherwise the product sets a tiny bit making it hard to blend. Totally reccomend though. It held up on my oily skin and did well when my skin was dry too! Love this!

on 10/27/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK - not great, not bad. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you put on

Pros:
-non irritating
-medium, smooth coverage

Cons:
-Clinique foundations all seem to have red undertones to me. My niece was also wearing this one day and she looked like she was reading a mask (you could see the mark along her jawline although the color should have been appropriate for her). I looked at myself more closely and noticed that I looked more bronzy than usual but there was no lighter color in the line
-does not make my dry skin look any dewier so I think this may be a foundation for younger, moister skin types

on 10/21/2015 10:59:00 PM

Okay, so I did a trial of this, hoping it would be moisturising with the added bonus of SPF 30. I've been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (which I freaking LOVE, but $101), but the Clinique CC is half the price ($50), and the sales assistant was convincing (and said if i come back to purchase I can get 15% off if I bring my flight itinerary).

Decent coverage, looks fine, but makes my skin feel SO dry, and tight, when I smile in the mirror my laugh lines are prominent. Coverage is medium, decent colour match (Chanel I'm B50, this i'm Medium Deep), even but actually looks unnatural? Not hugely impressed with this, and had high hopes. I feel dry patches around my nose, cheeks, mouth.

Also, smells weird. Sort of paint like. Clinique is supposed to be all fragrance free right, but maybe they should reconsider...

I'm giving it a go, but at this stage i'm going have to use a pretty nourishing moisturiser tonight, feels awful on my skin right now. Ugh, not a fan. I guess Clinique is cheap for a reason.

on 10/12/2015 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this product is the worst. the consistency is way too sticky, its hard to blend. my face get oily very quick, and it doesn't make the face matt, it creases a lot on forehead, nose and under eye area. maybe it will work on dry skin. it is horrible to me, definitely not going to purchase this again.

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.

on 7/26/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I started using the Clinique CC Cream because I was looking for something that will moistuize and protect my face from the sun. I chanced upon this and saw that it also helped with fading blemishes and evening out my skin tone so I thought it was definitely worth to try.

As far as moisturizing and sun screen, i think it did it's job. It kept my face hydrated all day. It also really helped in evening out my skin tone by fading blemishes. I noticed that my blemishes (from pimple scaring, I sometimes pick on them, it's a really bad habit) 'disappear' MUCH faster than before.

The only thing I wished it would do is to mattify my face. It's not for really oily people. When I first put it, it makes my face dewy (the good kind) but 2-3 hours later, I would already need to blot my face.

In terms of how long a bottle will last, well, it lasted me for a year since you only need a pea-size for your entire face. I used it almost everyday.

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. The product itself is very easy to apply. I just used the tips of my fingers and it seemed to blend and spread pretty easily. I also like the fact that it has an spf. As for coverage, it's OKAY. I have acne scars and it covered them up pretty nicely but I still found myself having to used a concealer or foundation on some areas of my face for additional coverage. Also, for being a "moisture surge" product, my face feels pretty dry to say the least and that's after already applying regular moisturizer before hand...