Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 7/10/2016 1:15:00 PM

I am in love with this product. I recently had a horrible eczema breakout on my face. I had been using Bare Minerals serum foundation in the winter and Bare Minerals complexion rescue for warmer months. I never got quite enough coverage w the complexion rescue but it was nice for days when I was off work and didn't need long term coverage. Anyway...after my eczema break out, my doc put me on a Cerave only regime and my skin would just not even deal w the Bare Minerals any more. I then tried 6, yes 6, different bb, cc and regular foundations. Stila All Day Wear was very nice, but a little too matte for my taste. On a whim I tried the Clinique CC and holy crap, it is perfect for my Dry, Combination skin! It is good coverage (I use my finger tips to apply and beauty sponge a little extra around nose and under eyes) and has a perfect dewy look that lasts all day without getting too shiny or slick looking. I do use Lorac's "I'm so Sensative" primer and some setting powder on T-zone. I highly recommend this product....I have not had one issue w it irritating my eczema...it has actually made my skin plumper and more even toned. It doesn't settle in creases either...which may be I use a primer.

on 1/2/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a very pasty-white girl with very cool undertones and I was looking for something that would even out my skin and slight acne scarring without the heft of a real foundation. I'd been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for a few months in the summer before I bought this and I loved it, but Retin-A makes my skin flaky in places so I wanted something more moisturizing. This has worked well - it does sometimes settle in flaky bits, but is movable enough that I can just layer more moisturizer over it and blend it in. Its consistency is easy to blend and I don't have to be as exact as I do with regular foundation because it's light and matches my skin tone perfectly, so I can be as lazy as I want (and am.) I would recommend having a good concealer to use alongside this - the coverage isn't nearly enough for under my eyes - but overall, if I set it with loose powder, it stays in place and looks good most of the day.

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a generous sample of this, probably in a gift w purchase. As others have said, it is SO HARD to blend into your skin. I use a flat-head stipiling foundation brush and really try to buff it into my skin, but it seems like by buffing out one area of your face, you're really just pushing the product into smears surrounding that area.

Most of all, I can't believe this is part of their Moisture Surge line, when everytime I wear it my skin looks horribly flaky. Sure, I suffer from some dry skin now and then, but that's why I like to wear a BB (or CC, though this is my first one) cream: to moisturize while getting some coverage. But while this is supposedly designed for dry skin, it highlights every dry patch of skin on my face. Not only does it highlight all of the gross dry skin on my face, it still looks waxy and requires a setting powder.

The only good thing is that the color seems to match my skintone fairly well. But even then, I'm not sure where the CC- color correction- comes into play. It doesn't seem to neutralize any redness on my face. If anything, my faces is MORE red due to irritation from trying to blend it so aggressively!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've had this for a year now. I don't use it regularly cuz I can't make it work. I take it out of my makeup drawer regularly tho to see if it's my skin that is the problem. My skin changes with the weather. But now it's pretty normal and not dry like in the winter. I tried again today and just don't like it. I hav it in light. I think it looks too orange. It is too thick even wen I warm it up. It doesn't spread making it uneven. It's not moisturising at all like it says it is. If anything it makes my skin dry and flaky. I like the sunblock in it. I like TheBalm tinted moisturiser much better and will stick to that.

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I so wanted this to be better than it was. The texture was a tad too thick and not as hydrating as I was expecting.
The colour range was good and I liked the fact it contains an spf too. A little does go a long way .
I'm glad I tried it but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 1/16/2015 12:03:00 PM

This is a solid product, but I feel like the branding is misleading. First off, this "cc" cream goes on more like an actual foundation. It's definitely thicker than many other "cc" or "bb" creams I've used, but on the plus side, it overs more coverage. I apply it with my fingers, working in small areas at a time, as it is a bit hard to blend. I also didn't feel like there was anything particularly moisturizing about it, as the name would indicate. It didn't make my skin dry or flakey, but certainly didn't leave it feeling more moisturized.

Ok, a few things I really like about it:
As I said, it has pretty good coverage. The coverage is more comparable to an actual liquid foundation, but it still feels very light.
I love the amount of SPF in it, as I have very pale skin. Also, the fair tone matches my skin perfectly. I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to CC cream on the weekend days or weekdays I don't feel putting on foundtation. It's incredibly moisturizing and gives a nice glow to my skin. It doesn't give heavy coverage but my face looks much more even with it on. I have the light for colder months and light-medium for late spring and summer.