CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 10/12/2018 2:48:00 PM

Definitely over rated in my opinion. It’s so thick it does not blend at all. I found it has a very heavy, greasy, feeling. It didn’t break me out, but I didn’t use it for very long. It is nice that it has SPH included, but there are so many CC and BB creams that are way better. I found that it did not provide any moisture whatsoever. I do not plan on buying this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Spoiler alert: this CC cream is not for oily skin types! I have dry skin so it works good. Definitely hydrating as its says, works great over a layer of moisture surge. Typical foundation tube packaging, the opening is a bit too large so a lot comes out if I’m not careful. But applyig this a little heavy isn’t a bad thing because it does fade. It spreads a bit difficult and I always have to reach for a brush to blend this product out, it noticably accumulates in my eyebrows and hairline and looks better buffed in a bit. My dry skin doesn’t feel dehydrated at the end of the day so yep, it’s hydrating. It does not play well with my face powder (currently using bare minerals which darkens when applied over this),
I got mine at Ulta who doesn’t carry the shade “very light” so I got the shade “light” and, as I have been getting a little sun in the past few weeks, this shade works. I find it to lean cool with an obvious pink undertone, in my opinion it needs to be a bit more neutral if it’s going to work for “a range of skin tones and undertones”. At the time I am making this review there are some models on Clinique’s website with before and after pictures, and for one of the light examples her skin tone is obviously yellow. On her after photo her yellow skin tone is still obvious around her hair line and on her neck. So I’m going to strongly suggest those who know their skin tone is warm/yellow to test the shade before purchase.
I don’t plan on repurchasing unless it’s to try out the very light shade as I think there are better bb/cc creams out there right now that apply, wear and look better. But compared to Clinique’s age defense BB cream it’s an improvement, I found it to be difficult to work with, cakey and drying. I have good days applying this product and bad days, bad days being if the environment is excessively humid. I have yet to find a sunscreen that plays well underneath, and neither of the Clinique city blocks play well undrerneath so if I use this I have to use *just this*. I am, in fact, on the fence wether I want to keep this or return it, I still need to give it a few more tries.

on 7/10/2016 1:15:00 PM

I am in love with this product. I recently had a horrible eczema breakout on my face. I had been using Bare Minerals serum foundation in the winter and Bare Minerals complexion rescue for warmer months. I never got quite enough coverage w the complexion rescue but it was nice for days when I was off work and didn't need long term coverage. Anyway...after my eczema break out, my doc put me on a Cerave only regime and my skin would just not even deal w the Bare Minerals any more. I then tried 6, yes 6, different bb, cc and regular foundations. Stila All Day Wear was very nice, but a little too matte for my taste. On a whim I tried the Clinique CC and holy crap, it is perfect for my Dry, Combination skin! It is good coverage (I use my finger tips to apply and beauty sponge a little extra around nose and under eyes) and has a perfect dewy look that lasts all day without getting too shiny or slick looking. I do use Lorac's "I'm so Sensative" primer and some setting powder on T-zone. I highly recommend this product....I have not had one issue w it irritating my eczema...it has actually made my skin plumper and more even toned. It doesn't settle in creases either...which may be I use a primer.

on 1/2/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a very pasty-white girl with very cool undertones and I was looking for something that would even out my skin and slight acne scarring without the heft of a real foundation. I'd been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for a few months in the summer before I bought this and I loved it, but Retin-A makes my skin flaky in places so I wanted something more moisturizing. This has worked well - it does sometimes settle in flaky bits, but is movable enough that I can just layer more moisturizer over it and blend it in. Its consistency is easy to blend and I don't have to be as exact as I do with regular foundation because it's light and matches my skin tone perfectly, so I can be as lazy as I want (and am.) I would recommend having a good concealer to use alongside this - the coverage isn't nearly enough for under my eyes - but overall, if I set it with loose powder, it stays in place and looks good most of the day.

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a generous sample of this, probably in a gift w purchase. As others have said, it is SO HARD to blend into your skin. I use a flat-head stipiling foundation brush and really try to buff it into my skin, but it seems like by buffing out one area of your face, you're really just pushing the product into smears surrounding that area.

Most of all, I can't believe this is part of their Moisture Surge line, when everytime I wear it my skin looks horribly flaky. Sure, I suffer from some dry skin now and then, but that's why I like to wear a BB (or CC, though this is my first one) cream: to moisturize while getting some coverage. But while this is supposedly designed for dry skin, it highlights every dry patch of skin on my face. Not only does it highlight all of the gross dry skin on my face, it still looks waxy and requires a setting powder.

The only good thing is that the color seems to match my skintone fairly well. But even then, I'm not sure where the CC- color correction- comes into play. It doesn't seem to neutralize any redness on my face. If anything, my faces is MORE red due to irritation from trying to blend it so aggressively!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've had this for a year now. I don't use it regularly cuz I can't make it work. I take it out of my makeup drawer regularly tho to see if it's my skin that is the problem. My skin changes with the weather. But now it's pretty normal and not dry like in the winter. I tried again today and just don't like it. I hav it in light. I think it looks too orange. It is too thick even wen I warm it up. It doesn't spread making it uneven. It's not moisturising at all like it says it is. If anything it makes my skin dry and flaky. I like the sunblock in it. I like TheBalm tinted moisturiser much better and will stick to that.

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I so wanted this to be better than it was. The texture was a tad too thick and not as hydrating as I was expecting.
The colour range was good and I liked the fact it contains an spf too. A little does go a long way .
I'm glad I tried it but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 1/16/2015 12:03:00 PM

This is a solid product, but I feel like the branding is misleading. First off, this "cc" cream goes on more like an actual foundation. It's definitely thicker than many other "cc" or "bb" creams I've used, but on the plus side, it overs more coverage. I apply it with my fingers, working in small areas at a time, as it is a bit hard to blend. I also didn't feel like there was anything particularly moisturizing about it, as the name would indicate. It didn't make my skin dry or flakey, but certainly didn't leave it feeling more moisturized.

Ok, a few things I really like about it:
As I said, it has pretty good coverage. The coverage is more comparable to an actual liquid foundation, but it still feels very light.
I love the amount of SPF in it, as I have very pale skin. Also, the fair tone matches my skin perfectly. I would repurchase.