Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

on 9/10/2016 8:43:00 PM

loving it. apply easily. look very natural. No need foundation anymore. light coverage only. suits my skin perfectly and the hot temperature of where I live.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't personally own this product (I used my sister in law's a couple times), but I'm willing to purchase one for myself.
At first, it feels rather heavy because I expect BB/CC creams to be lighter than foundation. After application, it turns out smooth and lighter than I thought - the way CC creams I think should be. You can apply it with brush, sponge, or bare fingers, but I find fingers to be the best applicator because it 'melts' down the thickness a little. It also stays on for about 5 hours in humid places like Indonesia, and required only a little touch up. A dollop of product will go a long way, especially if your skin is relatively blemish-free.

on 12/21/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this one.
I had been using this in the summer. And it was brilliant. My skin was somehow hydrated and it felt really good on the skin. But as the weather got colder, this cc cream got worse and worse. First of all, it changes its colour as the day passes and becomes really dark. Secondly, it made my skin super oily. It stays in place almost perfectly, but makes me oily. Thirdly, it caused me breakouts after using for a month. Yes, my skin is very sensitive, but it was created for sensitive skin, as a consultant said to me, so wth.
I would not recommend this cc cream for girls, who have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. I would recommend Clarince Skin Illusion ;)

on 10/27/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK - not great, not bad. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you put on

Pros:
-non irritating
-medium, smooth coverage

Cons:
-Clinique foundations all seem to have red undertones to me. My niece was also wearing this one day and she looked like she was reading a mask (you could see the mark along her jawline although the color should have been appropriate for her). I looked at myself more closely and noticed that I looked more bronzy than usual but there was no lighter color in the line
-does not make my dry skin look any dewier so I think this may be a foundation for younger, moister skin types

Omg, I absolutely love this product. Got s sample in med light and decided to just try it. I was getting compliments on my skin and happened to pass a mirror and couldn't believe how even my skin tone looked. I actually looked younger:) I will
Never stop using this product, I don't care how expensive it is!!

This CC cream is perfect for someone who has sensitive skin or combination dry skin. Leaves your skin feeling moisturised and natural looking. It also give a beautiful dewy glow without looking too oily. The good thing about this is that it give the right amount of sheer coverage without feeling like you actually have something on.
The only downfall is that all the shades either have a pinky undertone or leaves my skin looking grey. So if just like me, you normally have a warm undertone, this probably isn't going to match your skin too well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I FREAKING LOVE this CC Cream. I got so many compliments from wearing it. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It doesn't clog pores. It is just amazing. It also match my skin colour very well, I have olive skin and 'Medium Deep' really suits me. I am in Australia and it costs me $45 here. But I am planning to get the next one from eBay since I already knew my shades. I highly recommend this product to anyone who doesn't like using thick foundation.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I so wanted this to be better than it was. The texture was a tad too thick and not as hydrating as I was expecting.
The colour range was good and I liked the fact it contains an spf too. A little does go a long way .
I'm glad I tried it but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 1/23/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised to see how many people hate this product while to me this Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream does great. I think the key for the perfect application of this cream is to have our skin properly moisturized first. When I first bought this cream back in Sept 2013, the beautician at Clinique's counter explained that I would still need to moisturize my skin before applying it, because CC cream isn't a moisturizing product. I was given some sachets of Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizing gel for sample, to apply before the CC cream. The CC cream worked very well since the beginning. I love how it glides smoothly on my skin, and how it evens out my skin tone as well as creates natural shades that looks fresh and dewy. To me the texture is not thick at all. It's very easy to apply and blend on properly moisturized skin. I apply it on my face using my fingertips, as I believe that my body heat helps blending it even more. The beautiful tone stays for hours that I go to work with it and still have my beautiful glowing skin at the end of the day. I don't continue using Clinique's moisturizing gel, though. It's because I prefer using my SK II stempower cream or my dermatologist's morning cream. My skin is picky. It breaks out easily when it gets a wrong product. But with Clinique's CC cream it stays calm and gets even more beautiful. I love it! :)

on 12/19/2014 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I had a generous sample in light medium. I really wanted to like it but this is another BB/CC that reinforces my dislike for these creams. What I liked: gives a nice glow to your skin. Layered with a light dusting of loose powder like Nars Light Reflecting or Hourglass Ambient Lighting, gives an almost unreal/ethereal quality. High SPF. What I didn't like: gloopy and thick, I hated applying the product as I much prefer a fluid texture. This just reminds me of old fashioned sunblock. Had to rely on a Beauty Blender to blend it in. Even after it's settled in, I could feel it sitting on my skin and my skin just didn't feel nice to touch. Another reason, a few times I was caught out in humid weather and this cream seemed to have migrated and was stinging my eyes, very similar to like when sunscreen seeps into your eyes when you're sweating. Ugh. I want to enjoy putting on my skincare or makeup so needless to say I won't be buying this. I'll stick to my Nars TM for my 'no-foundation but still want some coverage' days.