Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.0

on 12/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've been trying this CC cream about once or twice a week since I got it but it doesn't work for my skin tone or texture. As with most BB & CC's the Clinique CC shade range is somewhat limited. I ended up with the darkest because the shade below was too off to wear. In the store it looked okay and it looks alright if I use a lighter setting powder but I cant wear it alone. This is like a lotion and it dries to a dewy finish with light to medium coverage eventually. It's finally time to admit I don't like this. There may be some skin shades and types it works for and my opinion might have been different if I had a better match. I get the result - sin evening and moisturizing - I expected from this by mixing foundation with my moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I was excited to buy this CC cream in the darkest shade. It seemed to match well, evened my skin, and stayed in place. However, I would be so oily. I tolerated it though and just blotted throughout the day. Then, one day, I looked at myself in my car mirror and I looked like I had blush all over my face.

The shade was too pink for my skintone, and that was the last straw. Back to the store it went.

Now I'm using Clinique Even Better in Golden and it is the best color match I've ever tried for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was so excited when this product came out because the shade ranges extended to include deeper skin tones. However when I applied the cream it was difficult to blend and eradicated any dewy finish my moisturizer & primer created.

The finish was dull, matte and seemed to age my skin. It felt like a layer of pancake makeup sitting on top of my face. Covers spots/acne well, has a very odd scent on the chemical-like side. Happy I got a sample instead of purchasing the full size.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Definitely prefer this over my even better foundation for the summer months. Is a nice consistency, covers my skin so that it looks even, but lets my freckles show through so it always looks like I have natural flawless skin and I'm not wearing makeup.
Would not suggest for people who's skin is not great. I have to use something different when I have a breakout. It is also quite greasy due to it's moisturisition properties. I always look really shiny but I cannot tell if this is the heat making me sweat through it or because it's like a sunscreen. Must use powder with it.
I am in shade natural.