Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Liking this CC cream. I am comparing it to my other CC by Marcelle which I also like.

This flat tube is far more travel friendly than Marcelle's big square acrylic bottle with a pump. It fits into the carry on liquid allowance easily so this will be my travel CC cream in place of Marcelle.

However it isn't quite as nice feeling as the Marcelle CC, it is a bit thicker in application and in feeling on the skin especially as time wears on. By the end of the day, this becomes a bit drying and feels heavy.

But the skin looks lovely and this maintains its' finish all day long.

I got it in Light Medium which worked out better than Marcelle's Light Medium which was a bit too dark. Neither oxidize during the day, but this is closer to my skin colour which is a NC15 to 20.

I put it on overtop my Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, and it went on fine. No pilling or balling up. Coverage is heavier than a BB, and about the same as the Marcelle CC, both being more foundation like than BB cream like.

The squeeze tube means you only use what you need for the coverage you need. it blends out easily, and sheers out fine. It does pool a bit in the pores as does the Marcelle but on me, almost EVERYTHING does that a bit, and this isn't too bad.

It wears all day long and I liked it.

I stopped using it when I bought a Lancome foundation I liked with a nicer finish but I will use this up on days I just want a CC, same as I will the Marcelle. After that, I will probably buy a tube of this for ease of travel but my main foundation is the Lancome Visionnaire.

UPDATED: No I won't rebuy this, simply because the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude stick cushion foundation is equally easy to travel with, and has a much better finish. I always apply any foundation or CC over sunscreen anyway, because I don't trust the coverage when you have to thin the product out to make it look skin like so I don't care if my stuff has sunscreen or not. I'm done using it, the feel of it by the end of the day is a bit heavy still. Good product though, still think it's worth a 4 star.

on 7/2/2013 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this. The second lightest is a good color match and better than some of Clinique's other foundation color choices. Usually, I go for the lightest color, but in this case it was too light, which shows there are a lot of choices. It's a little dark for winter though, for me. Loved it all summer. What I love is that it does not turn pink or orange or fade. Nor does it look caky as the day wears on, because it is dewy. It comes out of the tube very thick. The coverage is medium. You wouldn't want to apply it too thick, so you might want a to use some SPF underneath, though it has 30 spf. This does't have oil, but oilier types might prefer the BB. .The CC wears well on dry skin.

I have a fair amount of red on my nose and near it and it doesn't cover that, as advertised, but it's illuminating and diffuses the redness a bit. It's not meant to be heavy coverage, but better than you might expect and better than a tinted moisturizer. But it feels lighter a bit weird. .i have not tried other CCs, but it is heavier than any BB. A little goes a long way. Dab on the your hand and rub it with your finger and it will warm up and spread easier. Best to apply with fingers. If you don't warm it up first it is a chore to spread. It can look gloppy and thick.

Down side: It's expensive, though you get a lot and it should last a while. It's a bit of a job to apply. Takes a while for the color to set, so it's hard to test in the store. Get a sample or wait a few minutes. Does blend well though, so no disasters, but the palest is quite pale.

Update: My skin was getting less dry, so I switched to the BB. I like that too a lot better. That has more powdery, matte finish, but doesn't cake like actual powder does on me. Spreads easier too. This comes in more shades.

Video Reviews & Tutorials