Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Liking this CC cream. I am comparing it to my other CC by Marcelle which I also like.

This flat tube is far more travel friendly than Marcelle's big square acrylic bottle with a pump. It fits into the carry on liquid allowance easily so this will be my travel CC cream in place of Marcelle.

However it isn't quite as nice feeling as the Marcelle CC, it is a bit thicker in application and in feeling on the skin especially as time wears on. By the end of the day, this becomes a bit drying and feels heavy.

But the skin looks lovely and this maintains its' finish all day long.

I got it in Light Medium which worked out better than Marcelle's Light Medium which was a bit too dark. Neither oxidize during the day, but this is closer to my skin colour which is a NC15 to 20.

I put it on overtop my Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, and it went on fine. No pilling or balling up. Coverage is heavier than a BB, and about the same as the Marcelle CC, both being more foundation like than BB cream like.

The squeeze tube means you only use what you need for the coverage you need. it blends out easily, and sheers out fine. It does pool a bit in the pores as does the Marcelle but on me, almost EVERYTHING does that a bit, and this isn't too bad.

It wears all day long and I liked it.

I stopped using it when I bought a Lancome foundation I liked with a nicer finish but I will use this up on days I just want a CC, same as I will the Marcelle. After that, I will probably buy a tube of this for ease of travel but my main foundation is the Lancome Visionnaire.

UPDATED: No I won't rebuy this, simply because the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude stick cushion foundation is equally easy to travel with, and has a much better finish. I always apply any foundation or CC over sunscreen anyway, because I don't trust the coverage when you have to thin the product out to make it look skin like so I don't care if my stuff has sunscreen or not. I'm done using it, the feel of it by the end of the day is a bit heavy still. Good product though, still think it's worth a 4 star.

on 10/12/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

really overpriced
it's very oily, but not in a dewy way. it's like an orange coloured thick and gooey suncream (a cheap one at that)
it never blends in and stays oily throughout the day
both my friends swear by it but they have severely dry skin
it broke me out so bad :(

on 12/19/2014 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I had a generous sample in light medium. I really wanted to like it but this is another BB/CC that reinforces my dislike for these creams. What I liked: gives a nice glow to your skin. Layered with a light dusting of loose powder like Nars Light Reflecting or Hourglass Ambient Lighting, gives an almost unreal/ethereal quality. High SPF. What I didn't like: gloopy and thick, I hated applying the product as I much prefer a fluid texture. This just reminds me of old fashioned sunblock. Had to rely on a Beauty Blender to blend it in. Even after it's settled in, I could feel it sitting on my skin and my skin just didn't feel nice to touch. Another reason, a few times I was caught out in humid weather and this cream seemed to have migrated and was stinging my eyes, very similar to like when sunscreen seeps into your eyes when you're sweating. Ugh. I want to enjoy putting on my skincare or makeup so needless to say I won't be buying this. I'll stick to my Nars TM for my 'no-foundation but still want some coverage' days.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wear this cream in the Medium-Deep color, and I absolutely love it. I'm not really big into foundation and at 27, I've just started figuring out how you're supposed to apply the stuff and how it is supposed to look. I have combination skin, but this looks really nice on me. The one area that this CC cream does not do well for is the bridge and tip of my nose. For some reason, I get oily only in that spot, and the CC cream does not stay well in that area. It's very strange, but it's not noticeable on me if I blend well.

At first when I apply this in the morning, I notice that it looks a little bit grey and heavy, but after about an hour, it settles onto my skin and then it looks flawless, leaving me with a very healthy, natural look. This cream also has incredible staying power. It will last all day on me. I fell asleep with my face pressed into my boyfriends neck (I move around in my sleep often too) and this was still on my face when I woke up.

I started off with applying this with a beauty blender, but it does not work well that way at all. I'm not sure why, and I do prefer applying this with a flat brush. I find that it spreads out much better for me that way. It doesn't have a scent and this product has yet to break me out. I wear it over an ELF primer and with nothing else, but I may start using a light bronzer with this as well to make my skin 'glow' a little bit. I don't know about coverage or what people mean when they talk about low, medium or full coverage, but I do like to be able to see my skin/have people not realize I'm wearing foundation. This will do that for me, and for that reason, I absolutely adore this CC cream.

If you have dry areas on your skin, make sure to use a moisturizer beforehand. I made that mistake a few times and it made me look flaky on those days. After that, I ALWAYS used a moisturizer and a primer before applying this. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have super dry skin - to the point where finding the right foundation is a major pain because I need liquid and moisture that will also not accentuate any dry patches. But sometimes I just don't feel like wearing foundation yet I do want some coverage so that I don't frighten the masses with my unpainted face when running errands. My skin is also very red and needs neutralization. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream solves these issues with ease, as well as additional benefits. [I am NC 30 usually and the light/medium shade works for me].

Pros:
Its thick enough it mimics foundation and spreads and blends easily. I feel it provides light medium coverage, which is great - it covers redness, blemishes, and evens out your entire skintone nicely. It leaves a great dewy look finish which I love and if it gets "too dewy" throughout the day I just blot with a tissue and continue on with my day. It looks very natural, which is great, and layers much better than foundation would/does if you need to touch it up. Its a wonderful moisturizer and leaves the skin feeling really soft. It comes in a tube so no worries re contamination or de-stabilizing of ingredients. Its SPF 30, a major plus.

Cons:
I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin types or those who break out because it is thick and super moisturizing. At $37 bucks a pop, its on the pricey side in comparison to other CC creams and its not a very large tube so if using daily it will run out far quicker than foundation does. There are probably cheaper and comparable CC's out there (I just haven't found any yet). If you are looking for fuller coverage (such as with foundation or BB cream), this isn't the product for you.

I do recommend this for dry skin where a touch of coverage is desired, as well as those who wish to even out skin tones or neutralize any redness.

on 4/29/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I could not make this CC cream work for me. I found it too creamy to be blended properly---it basically sat on my face and highlighted my pores. The colour match was fabulous (Very Light), but it didn't really do a decent job at masking imperfections and discolouration. Thankfully, I was able to return it!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this last autumn after I realised that I didn't really want to cover my post-holiday skin with heavy foundations. Besides, my skin looked much better than usual (I have hormonal acne and no matter what I do, every now and again I get a few of them...) so I thought it would be a good idea.
With Clinique unroftunately, you have a really good company with fantastic consistencies in foundations/creams (it is, after all, the only company from the big ones that actually has a Anti-blemish range that works too...), but when it comes to foundation shades, it's all massively wrong. Is it me, or all their foundations are red-based? I have the anti-blemish one, the pore minimising one, and all of them look wrong.
And so is the case with this CC cream. I was given shade 'Light/Medium' (I am NC35) and it looks way too pale. In fact, a couple of time when I wore it at work, people asked me if I am OK becaise I look a bit pale...Great, eh? Needless to say, after that, the CC Cream is only for weekend/when I go shopping on my own (and NOT when I go shopping for foundation either!) The only way to save it, is to use a darker powder on top (either Chanel's loose powder in No. 40, or Mac's loose powder in NC30). Coverage actually is quite good for a product that is not a foundation - and that's from a woman who has always a few blemishes here and there!
It's not a bad product at all. It does't seem to make my skin oilier than usual, and it's a real shame that Clinique do something about its shades! I am still using the product every now and again, but to tell you the truth, the colour really puts me off from re-purchagins it again...

on 10/12/2013 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At first i thought this was not for me but as i change with weather and wear less makeup, i have grown to love it. I used to wear lots of makeup but working at an office where i am always busy i look for more natural looks. This gives coverage without looking fake. I do have big pores so i use a pore serum before this. It hydrates as well i wear light medium so i am not really fair. I don't find it gets darker during the day but i do get shiny on my forehead and chin and i just use a matte powder to cure that. Overall love it. No issue with my acne either.

on 9/3/2013 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this CC Cream, it gives my dry skin such a nice finish and it does not settle into fine lines. I suffer from a bit of redness and decided to try this and it does even out skin tone and provides light coverage. It is dewy when first applied but it dries out after awhile. This is a HG product for me and I love the misture it provides.

on 9/2/2013 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So disappointed in this product. I had hoped for so much after seeing the advertising, especially as in a very hot, sunny country I need to wear an SPF every day. However, the SPF was the only thing that worked for me. Light Medium was too dark (really a medium) and got darker as the day wore on, the texture was sticky and more difficult to apply than I was expecting, and it was definitely 'shiney' rather than 'dewy'. I also found that it never seemed to set and was sticky for whole day. I could rescue this by adding powder over the top, maybe, but that's not what really what I was expecting.