CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

on 4/20/2013 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I just bought this in the color Light and I love it. It provides more coverage than BB creams and is definitely more hydrating without being greasy. It is also much easier to apply than most BB creams, which tend to be on the dry side and more suitable for younger skin. I generally don't buy Clinique products but I'm happy I decided to give this a try. Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/21/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Today was only my first day of trying this product, but there is no doubt I'm hooked. Due to the fact that my skin requires full coverage, thanks to cystic acne, I had yet to try a product like this. BB creams are simply too sheer for me. I have been waiting for the arrival of CC creams and was surprised to see this at the Clinique counter yesterday. After expressing my interest and purchasing what I came for, the consultant offered a take home sample. I couldn't wait to tr it. After applying my usual SPF moisturizer, I used a foundation brush to stipple, build and layer the cream. I of course focused first on problem areas I.e. acne, dark spots and scarring, and then blended the excess lightly over my nose, forehead and cheeks. The results were amazing; I couldn't believe the amount of coverage combined with such a natural look and FEEL. I followed by highlighting and contouring, as usual, with a fair concealer, bronzer, and translucent powder. Coming from someone who uses full coverage on the daily, this product is worth a shot. I do feel like the application is extra important here if you want lots of coverage. Invest in a good foundation brush and make sure to stipple and layer. Highlight with a lighter shade, full coverage concealer, incorporate some nice contouring and use a translucent powder. Love this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample from Sephora when I put in an order online and I was so impressed that I got a full size. My skin loves this CC cream, especially with this winter weather. I think it would be too heavy to use in the summer when my skin is oilier so it will be a seasonal product. Fwiw, my skin type is normal/combo, slightly dry in the winter and normal/combo, slightly oily in the summer.

Initially I scoffed at the idea of CC creams because they're another marketing ploy to cash in on the BB cream craze. This is the only CC cream I've tried so I can't compare it to the others on the market and in all honesty, I don't want to try others.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the consistency is a bit heavy so a little goes a long way. If you're looking for good coverage, this product isn't for you. To me, this CC cream is a bit heavier than a tinted moisturizer but lighter than foundation. If you have red acne marks, definitely use concealer to cover those before applying the CC cream.

I use just a dollop of the CC cream and with a flat foundation brush, I swipe it on my cheeks mainly with just a bit on my chin and forehead. (they've got concealer already)
I take my Sephora #45 brush to buff in the cream and then finish off with my MAC SF powder foundation. The result is a smooth, dewy and polished look.
I do have to touch up a couple of times during the day but I'm willing to deal with that in the cold months. The staying power is decent and I think it's because I finish off with a powder foundation.

I'd recommend this CC cream for normal to dry skin types who want a light, dewy finish.
I do not recommend it if your skin is on the oilier side or if you want medium to full coverage.
The colour selection is limited, especially for darker skin tones.

Well done Clinique and a definite repurchase.

on 11/19/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Something about myself:
Chinese ethnic lives in humid super hot tropical city
skin type: combination oily with acne prone, the yucky oily mostly appears on my T zone (a lot!), my chin and my monolid's eyelid
skin color: NC30 or C3 on MAC, with yellow undertone

Pro:
- I bought this on natural colour, matches perfectly on my skin
- paraben free
- decent amount of SPF (30) with natural sunscreen ingredient
- blend nicely with finger (my favorite method, I don't really like using brush to blend my foundation/bb cream, am planning to try beauty blender though)
- great packaging, easy to travel with, very light, and you can cut it when it is finishing
- it doesn't smell at all, I couldn't smell any perfume in it. It doesn't state any perfume on the ingredient also.

Con:
- too greasy on my oily skin. I already use MAC blot powder on top of the cc cream, but it only holds 4-5 hours until it becomes so greasy.
- I think it breaks my skin out, I'm still suspecting, need more time to actually sure about this since I have only been using this on and off for 2 month.
- very low coverage, even for daily use, it could wiped easily from skin when it becomes too greasy.
- quite expensive

I really really really really want to love this product, but each time I use it, the more I hated it. But I will try to finish the whole bottle and see if I change my mind.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product. I have very sensitive, very dry skin with rosacea across my cheeks that will flare if I'm exposed to much sunlight or heat. This has never irritated or made my skin break out. I always have moisturizer on so it's worn underneath automatically. This CC cream goes on smoothly and easily, I don't notice any scent and I like it's creamy texture. I'm able to use it as a foundation without any additional product unless a swish of blush across my cheekbones sometimes. I'm very fair but the light and light/medium looked much too pale and 'wrong' in bright light. I bought medium which goes on a tiny bit yellow but almost immediately settles into a perfect match. I had a sample of this from the Clinique counter and used itl up before purchasing a tube. I'm very pleased with the color, staying power and moisturizing nature of it. For more formal times I use Estee Lauder's Futura in Pale Almond. But, honestly I'm using this Clinique CC most often because it matches my skin well, hydrates and lasts a long time. I'll repurchase this.

I so wanted to like this product. I have been wearing Clinique City Block but wanted to try this as so many have written positive about it. The cosmetic sales girl selected Medium Light for my complexion, but when I put it on it seems so mask like. It sits on top of my skin, rubs off on Kleenex, looks pasty. I don't understand how reviewers can say it makes your skin dewy. I have tried putting liss on, more on, I am sorry to say I just do not like this product at all.

on 7/10/2016 1:15:00 PM

I am in love with this product. I recently had a horrible eczema breakout on my face. I had been using Bare Minerals serum foundation in the winter and Bare Minerals complexion rescue for warmer months. I never got quite enough coverage w the complexion rescue but it was nice for days when I was off work and didn't need long term coverage. Anyway...after my eczema break out, my doc put me on a Cerave only regime and my skin would just not even deal w the Bare Minerals any more. I then tried 6, yes 6, different bb, cc and regular foundations. Stila All Day Wear was very nice, but a little too matte for my taste. On a whim I tried the Clinique CC and holy crap, it is perfect for my Dry, Combination skin! It is good coverage (I use my finger tips to apply and beauty sponge a little extra around nose and under eyes) and has a perfect dewy look that lasts all day without getting too shiny or slick looking. I do use Lorac's "I'm so Sensative" primer and some setting powder on T-zone. I highly recommend this product....I have not had one issue w it irritating my eczema...it has actually made my skin plumper and more even toned. It doesn't settle in creases either...which may be I use a primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this on clients at the counter, and if the tone complements them it makes their skin look healthy and glowing. Here are some cons though: 1.Makes me break out. It probably won't make you break out, but since aloe gives me pimples that's why I have this problem. Would love my brand to make more oil free things that do not use aloe. 2. because of the Violet optics, the tones look a bit pink. Not very natural for a golden complexion. I do like this product, it's just not for me :/

on 3/24/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. It's hydrating and dewy, but not greasy or shiny. It can be built up to a medium coverage and it lasts well throughout the day. I have shade light-medium and I am NC25/30 and this works well. I love the SPF 30 too!

on 9/10/2013 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

During the day I wear Kimberley sayer SPF 25 moisture then ever make up forever HD foundation in 120 but if I'm out in the sun Laura mercier oil free tint SPF 20.

This exceeds the Laura mercier tint by far. The liquid feels lightly thicker but it sinks in very well and spreads easily. I am a huge fan of products which illuminate the skin. This imparts a lovely healthy glow on your skin. It makes you look amazing. The coverage is just under medium. I tried this in light but its slightly pink, the light medium was a better fit for me. The SPF 30 is the real winner with this product. I love having a high SPF. As my mother says ' sunscreen is the best beauty product you will ever buy'. Mays well prevent the damage, than try to repair the damage you've done.

I love love this product and ill continue to purchase it. They need more colour selections but I'm guessing if this sells well, they will come out with more.