Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

It's quite an okay product for what it is. The coverage is quite decent and the dewy effect is nice. It's great that it provides protection of SPF30. Yet that part has a downside: I feel like the product doesn't sit well on the skin, and gradually slides off. The cream is "eaten up" quite a lot by the end of the day. The colour match is not great either. Light/medium which is supposedly good match for my NC20/25 skin is quite alright in terms of color intensity but the shade is off. It has this pinky-greyish hue which many of CC creams have, and I do not find it flattering at all. I'd say the product is 3.5/5 for me.

on 4/29/2017 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I went to Belk to purchase my usual Clinique powder and the makeup consultant gave me a sample of this free. The sample came in a pretty generous size able to be used a few times for full application. The consultant matched me to the color "light medium". Whenever I first tried this on I noticed RIGHT AWAY that the color match was AWFULLY WRONG! This was darker than what I would have thought light medium would have looked like. So naturally I didn't like it because, well, the color was way off! Fast forward a couple months and I have been getting in the tanning bed. Since my skin was shades darker I decided to try this product again and see if I could make it work. It absolutely did! The color was PERFECT now and matched me exactly. I was excited! It blurred my imperfections, didn't dry my skin out, looked so natural, and matched my skin perfectly! It definitely has buildable coverage as well and a little bit can go a long way... It has a dewy finish by itself so I put on a powder over it and perfect! I will note however, that if you have oily skin like me (in my t-zone particularly) you may have to add more powder for a touch up to keep the look mattified... No big deal and takes only a few seconds. All in all, I definitely think this is worth trying out... See if you can get a sample and give it a try!

on 7/10/2016 1:15:00 PM

I am in love with this product. I recently had a horrible eczema breakout on my face. I had been using Bare Minerals serum foundation in the winter and Bare Minerals complexion rescue for warmer months. I never got quite enough coverage w the complexion rescue but it was nice for days when I was off work and didn't need long term coverage. Anyway...after my eczema break out, my doc put me on a Cerave only regime and my skin would just not even deal w the Bare Minerals any more. I then tried 6, yes 6, different bb, cc and regular foundations. Stila All Day Wear was very nice, but a little too matte for my taste. On a whim I tried the Clinique CC and holy crap, it is perfect for my Dry, Combination skin! It is good coverage (I use my finger tips to apply and beauty sponge a little extra around nose and under eyes) and has a perfect dewy look that lasts all day without getting too shiny or slick looking. I do use Lorac's "I'm so Sensative" primer and some setting powder on T-zone. I highly recommend this product....I have not had one issue w it irritating my eczema...it has actually made my skin plumper and more even toned. It doesn't settle in creases either...which may be I use a primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Been looking to try a lighter base for my makeup during the summer. Also tried the Clinique BB cream and wrote a review on that as well. Needless to say, I give up on Clinique foundations. This blended out fine and didn't cling to dry patches or make me overly oily. But I'm 19 years old and I had forehead wrinkles! Nobody is looking to speed up that process. I will not be buying this (thankfully I had a sample) just for the fact that it sunk into forehead wrinkles I didn't even know I had.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oxidizes so bad! I would avoid at all cost because the product isn't the only bad thing. The cap gets so messy that half the product is wasted on it.

on 12/3/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a woman with sensitive skin, this product was my perfect daily substitute for foundation. The formula is thicker than a typical CC cream, yet not as heavy as other liquidations. There is a tad shine to the product, so I would suggest using a powder on top as well just counter the effect. The price is a tad steep, but well worth the amount for the SPF and overall natural coverage. I would certainly buy again.

on 10/12/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

really overpriced
it's very oily, but not in a dewy way. it's like an orange coloured thick and gooey suncream (a cheap one at that)
it never blends in and stays oily throughout the day
both my friends swear by it but they have severely dry skin
it broke me out so bad :(

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. The product itself is very easy to apply. I just used the tips of my fingers and it seemed to blend and spread pretty easily. I also like the fact that it has an spf. As for coverage, it's OKAY. I have acne scars and it covered them up pretty nicely but I still found myself having to used a concealer or foundation on some areas of my face for additional coverage. Also, for being a "moisture surge" product, my face feels pretty dry to say the least and that's after already applying regular moisturizer before hand...

on 5/30/2015 6:39:00 PM

If you have dry, sensitive skin then give this a go. I love this product, I find that it blends beautifully and is very nourishing to my picky complexion. I find that the coverage is light to medium and buildable too. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin and photographs really well. It may not work so well on extremely oily skin types. With a good spf it is a good all round product, I highly recommend.