Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I asked Clinique for a rec for my dry winter skin and surprisingly they said this product in light. It matches my NC 20 skin exactly. It is thick but I wear a moisturizing sunscreen under it and it blends easily. I still need a concealer but it diffuses red areas and dark hyperpigmentation well. And it doesn't emphasize flakes. Love the tube and that it has SPF 30. This is a winner.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't personally own this product (I used my sister in law's a couple times), but I'm willing to purchase one for myself.
At first, it feels rather heavy because I expect BB/CC creams to be lighter than foundation. After application, it turns out smooth and lighter than I thought - the way CC creams I think should be. You can apply it with brush, sponge, or bare fingers, but I find fingers to be the best applicator because it 'melts' down the thickness a little. It also stays on for about 5 hours in humid places like Indonesia, and required only a little touch up. A dollop of product will go a long way, especially if your skin is relatively blemish-free.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Been looking to try a lighter base for my makeup during the summer. Also tried the Clinique BB cream and wrote a review on that as well. Needless to say, I give up on Clinique foundations. This blended out fine and didn't cling to dry patches or make me overly oily. But I'm 19 years old and I had forehead wrinkles! Nobody is looking to speed up that process. I will not be buying this (thankfully I had a sample) just for the fact that it sunk into forehead wrinkles I didn't even know I had.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Liking this CC cream. I am comparing it to my other CC by Marcelle which I also like.

This flat tube is far more travel friendly than Marcelle's big square acrylic bottle with a pump. It fits into the carry on liquid allowance easily so this will be my travel CC cream in place of Marcelle.

However it isn't quite as nice feeling as the Marcelle CC, it is a bit thicker in application and in feeling on the skin especially as time wears on. By the end of the day, this becomes a bit drying and feels heavy.

But the skin looks lovely and this maintains its' finish all day long.

I got it in Light Medium which worked out better than Marcelle's Light Medium which was a bit too dark. Neither oxidize during the day, but this is closer to my skin colour which is a NC15 to 20.

I put it on overtop my Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, and it went on fine. No pilling or balling up. Coverage is heavier than a BB, and about the same as the Marcelle CC, both being more foundation like than BB cream like.

The squeeze tube means you only use what you need for the coverage you need. it blends out easily, and sheers out fine. It does pool a bit in the pores as does the Marcelle but on me, almost EVERYTHING does that a bit, and this isn't too bad.

It wears all day long and I liked it.

I stopped using it when I bought a Lancome foundation I liked with a nicer finish but I will use this up on days I just want a CC, same as I will the Marcelle. After that, I will probably buy a tube of this for ease of travel but my main foundation is the Lancome Visionnaire.

UPDATED: No I won't rebuy this, simply because the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude stick cushion foundation is equally easy to travel with, and has a much better finish. I always apply any foundation or CC over sunscreen anyway, because I don't trust the coverage when you have to thin the product out to make it look skin like so I don't care if my stuff has sunscreen or not. I'm done using it, the feel of it by the end of the day is a bit heavy still. Good product though, still think it's worth a 4 star.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oxidizes so bad! I would avoid at all cost because the product isn't the only bad thing. The cap gets so messy that half the product is wasted on it.

on 12/3/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a woman with sensitive skin, this product was my perfect daily substitute for foundation. The formula is thicker than a typical CC cream, yet not as heavy as other liquidations. There is a tad shine to the product, so I would suggest using a powder on top as well just counter the effect. The price is a tad steep, but well worth the amount for the SPF and overall natural coverage. I would certainly buy again.

on 12/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've been trying this CC cream about once or twice a week since I got it but it doesn't work for my skin tone or texture. As with most BB & CC's the Clinique CC shade range is somewhat limited. I ended up with the darkest because the shade below was too off to wear. In the store it looked okay and it looks alright if I use a lighter setting powder but I cant wear it alone. This is like a lotion and it dries to a dewy finish with light to medium coverage eventually. It's finally time to admit I don't like this. There may be some skin shades and types it works for and my opinion might have been different if I had a better match. I get the result - sin evening and moisturizing - I expected from this by mixing foundation with my moisturizer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

on 9/19/2014 12:07:00 AM

I like this product but don't love it. I bought it instead of face sunscreen for my summer holidays as it's SPF30+ I'd tried many BB creams and they were all much much too oily, particularly for summer. This product is nice because it offers a bit more coverage than BB creams. It goes on feeling a bit thick but as it sets upon the face it feels quite weightless and powdery. The real drawback for me is that the shades are so limited I couldn't wear this as a foundation alone without looking a bit grey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Magen my face was fine i loved this. it's light coverage so if that's all you need then you'll like it. but i randomly started breaking out bad and i tried to use this and it just made it way worse. this is NOT for damaged broken out skin. it'll only make things worse at least i my case. I can only use this when my skin is calmed down and not so broken out