Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.8

on 1/2/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a very pasty-white girl with very cool undertones and I was looking for something that would even out my skin and slight acne scarring without the heft of a real foundation. I'd been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for a few months in the summer before I bought this and I loved it, but Retin-A makes my skin flaky in places so I wanted something more moisturizing. This has worked well - it does sometimes settle in flaky bits, but is movable enough that I can just layer more moisturizer over it and blend it in. Its consistency is easy to blend and I don't have to be as exact as I do with regular foundation because it's light and matches my skin tone perfectly, so I can be as lazy as I want (and am.) I would recommend having a good concealer to use alongside this - the coverage isn't nearly enough for under my eyes - but overall, if I set it with loose powder, it stays in place and looks good most of the day.

on 4/6/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this cc cream! I've never used a cc or bb cream so i have nothing to compare it to. When I first tried this out on my wrist I was sure I wouldnt like it because it felt so cakey and thick the consultant tried to get my make up off and try it out on my skin but I have severe acne scars ...and that was just not happening so I opted for a sample instead. I received two samples one in very light and another in light. i tried the very light first because the light looked waaay dark but to my surprise the light was my perfect match and the very light at first looked cakey and chalky but within a few mins of wear it actually looked good it made my skin look bright and radiant even glowing in a good way! They both look great and now i don't know which one to get i may just get both. Oh and i just sprinkle some Shiseido sheer matifying powder on my t-zone and a bit of clinique's airbrush concealer in fair 04 and i'm good to go ! my acne scars aren't completely covered they peek through but r not very noticeable i have even worn it on it's own and i don't get very oily or break out. Last thing! applying a little of chanel tan de soleil or estee lauder bronze goddess makes your complexion look amazing! i love those combos!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this last autumn after I realised that I didn't really want to cover my post-holiday skin with heavy foundations. Besides, my skin looked much better than usual (I have hormonal acne and no matter what I do, every now and again I get a few of them...) so I thought it would be a good idea.
With Clinique unroftunately, you have a really good company with fantastic consistencies in foundations/creams (it is, after all, the only company from the big ones that actually has a Anti-blemish range that works too...), but when it comes to foundation shades, it's all massively wrong. Is it me, or all their foundations are red-based? I have the anti-blemish one, the pore minimising one, and all of them look wrong.
And so is the case with this CC cream. I was given shade 'Light/Medium' (I am NC35) and it looks way too pale. In fact, a couple of time when I wore it at work, people asked me if I am OK becaise I look a bit pale...Great, eh? Needless to say, after that, the CC Cream is only for weekend/when I go shopping on my own (and NOT when I go shopping for foundation either!) The only way to save it, is to use a darker powder on top (either Chanel's loose powder in No. 40, or Mac's loose powder in NC30). Coverage actually is quite good for a product that is not a foundation - and that's from a woman who has always a few blemishes here and there!
It's not a bad product at all. It does't seem to make my skin oilier than usual, and it's a real shame that Clinique do something about its shades! I am still using the product every now and again, but to tell you the truth, the colour really puts me off from re-purchagins it again...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First let me say its sticky and the lightest shade was still to dark plus very pink. The lighting at Macy vs the natural is huge!!!! It's so heavy I might as well wear a full coverage foundation. Never buying again.