CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.3

on 11/19/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Something about myself:
Chinese ethnic lives in humid super hot tropical city
skin type: combination oily with acne prone, the yucky oily mostly appears on my T zone (a lot!), my chin and my monolid's eyelid
skin color: NC30 or C3 on MAC, with yellow undertone

Pro:
- I bought this on natural colour, matches perfectly on my skin
- paraben free
- decent amount of SPF (30) with natural sunscreen ingredient
- blend nicely with finger (my favorite method, I don't really like using brush to blend my foundation/bb cream, am planning to try beauty blender though)
- great packaging, easy to travel with, very light, and you can cut it when it is finishing
- it doesn't smell at all, I couldn't smell any perfume in it. It doesn't state any perfume on the ingredient also.

Con:
- too greasy on my oily skin. I already use MAC blot powder on top of the cc cream, but it only holds 4-5 hours until it becomes so greasy.
- I think it breaks my skin out, I'm still suspecting, need more time to actually sure about this since I have only been using this on and off for 2 month.
- very low coverage, even for daily use, it could wiped easily from skin when it becomes too greasy.
- quite expensive

I really really really really want to love this product, but each time I use it, the more I hated it. But I will try to finish the whole bottle and see if I change my mind.

on 6/14/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best BB/CC cream I have ever tried. I was in David Jones and had narrowed my choices of a new face cream to Dior's Nude BB Cream or Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream after hours of studying reviews on MUA.

I hate foundation as rule - my oily, acne prone skin means most foundations either shine and slide right off or are difficult to apply because they're oil free and somewhat drying. I also don't like the heavy coverage and breakouts that come with most cream foundations. Prior to this I used ModelCo's Fluid Splash foundation in Sand 02, because it's water based, doesn't clog pores and comes with matching concealer in the cap of the tube. In many ways, it's still my HG. But for everyday use, I think I will buy Clinique's Moisture Surge CC Cream as long as they continue to make it.

The moment the SA put this on my face in 'Light' (we seem to stock the US colours here in Australia, despite being physically closer to Asia), it just melted right into my skin. It was perfect. It looked just like my natural skin, but better. My red patches and most of my blemishes disappeared, and I was left with a slightly dewy, healthy glow. I still went to try the Dior after, but it just didn't compare. This CC Cream is oil free, moisturising, and has an SPF of 30. That means no pore clogging/breakouts, moisture and sun protection/anti-ageing benefits as well colour correcting in one tube! This is my first Clinique product, and I must say I'm very impressed. It's also surprisingly cheap for a high-end department store product at $45 AUD.

I should also add this is very much buildable and can be built up to a medium coverage. To get a more foundation-coverage, air-brushed look that feels as light as air on my face, I use this in conjunction with Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer (Ivory), YSL Touche Eclat (#2), and set it with YSL Matt Radiance Powder (#3 Biege). I went out to meet a girlfriend for dinner and she said my skin had never looked so perfect and natural. I can't rave about this product enough. A small amount goes a long way, so start small and just build up until you get the coverage you want.

If you're like me and are an oily-skinned girl looking for a replacement for foundation that doesn't cost the earth and has extra benefits, then look no further - this is the product for you!

on 4/21/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I've held off in writing how much I love this product for a whole week, I just kept thinking this must be too good to be true!

First off my shade (fresh peach) is an exact match for my skin tone - normally i have an absolute headache trying to find the right shade and end up using a touch of bronzer to darken slightly or buying two foundations and having a good mix daily. This is a perfect my skin but better.

It feels light on my skin and hydrates throughout the day. My skin gets dry by the afternoon and begins to look dull - this just glosses right over than mid afternoon skin slump, without making my face look like I have dipped my face in a vat of oil. I knocked one mark off as I do have to use a tiny amount of translucent powder to set as it does take a little while to set itself.

It offers great buildable coverage. Not enough to cover some of my worst acne scars but it really evens out my face - add a wee spot of concealer (BB concealer kit) here and there and my skin looks flawless.

Add all the above to the fact that it has SPF 30 hidden away inside and I'm a very happy girl. Will definitely be repurchasing!

on 10/5/2013 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This does the job! Evens out skin tone and brightens without looking cakey. Easy to apply. Does not break me out. This is a huge winner in my opinion. Being over 50 it gives a moisturized look to your skin which is a plus. The mineral makeup was just not cutting it anymore. However I do like to go over it with EL Double Wear powder in Tzone areas and Mineral Veil BE just to set it for the day. Long lasting too!

Edit: This has something that irritates my skin and I really prefer Bare Minerals gel cream formula as it does not break me out and and is easier to apply and more natural looking

favourite tinted cream; it claims to correct the base more than cover it, and does so beautifully. the texture is much lighter than i expected and feels close to air when applied - it absorbs that fast. the finish is even and silky - slightly dewy but easily fixable with powder and/or blotting paper. natural and natural fair are close matches to my NC30 skin, but the natural fair is more suited to those with a pinker base, as the natural looks a little cakey due to its yellow tinge. the price is reasonable for how much product is in the small tube and when it comes to skin, you don't want to skimp anyway.

on 9/8/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this CC cream so much. I saw so many great reviews of it on youtube that I decided myself and went to pick it up. I use almost all of the Clinique's "moisture surge" products and I love them, none of them has ever let me down. But with this CC cream... goooosh!! I've been having a terrible time with my skin lately, but this makes everything worse. It clings to my dry patches, almost no coverage, smells like cheap SPF (which I hate), tacky, wears off, my eyes burn so much (and I don't even apply it around my eyes), and I could almost swear and makes my faces super pink after some hours of wear. At least it hasn't broken my skin, yet. There are better drugstore BBs and CCs. I promise I gave this cream 5 chances in different days and always get the same outcome. I highly recommend you test this with the Clinique's staff and wear ir throughout the day before you purchase it and see how it behaves in your skin.

on 1/30/2015 5:18:00 PM

I received this in the travel size as a free item and I never really intended to use it since BB and CC creams tend to be low coverage and greasy formulas. I used this one day when I was in a rush and and it surprisingly gave more coverage than I expected. It was also moisturizing and not greasy or shiny. It didn't even need setting powder! Very satisfied.

on 8/1/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

like with all of cliniques foundations/face makeup, this was way way way too pink. i dont understand why they do this. it was last straw with this one. if you have skin the color of a hot dog then you can wear this but it will only work for people with really dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I was excited to buy this CC cream in the darkest shade. It seemed to match well, evened my skin, and stayed in place. However, I would be so oily. I tolerated it though and just blotted throughout the day. Then, one day, I looked at myself in my car mirror and I looked like I had blush all over my face.

The shade was too pink for my skintone, and that was the last straw. Back to the store it went.

Now I'm using Clinique Even Better in Golden and it is the best color match I've ever tried for my skin.

on 7/24/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this and returned it within a week. It's very hard to bend, never got a good application with it and you had to use a lot of product to cover your face. The colors were off too, too pink fort skin tone even though it was my shade. Felt it just sat on too of my face instead of absorbing. I gave it two stars because the packaging is nice. It's also pretty pricey.