CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

on 4/20/2013 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I just bought this in the color Light and I love it. It provides more coverage than BB creams and is definitely more hydrating without being greasy. It is also much easier to apply than most BB creams, which tend to be on the dry side and more suitable for younger skin. I generally don't buy Clinique products but I'm happy I decided to give this a try. Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/20/2013 1:39:00 AM

LOVE this cc cream! I have over 50 foundations, tinted moisturizers and samples galore. every foundation I like turns chalklike or artificial looking after about 5 hours. I work 12 hour shifts and have no time to redo makeup--only blot. I sampled this in light and very light on my nw/nc13 skin. the light one worked, but the very light was amazing. Used fingers to spread then lightly pressed into skin. This remains on my skin and has never cracked or dried out. CC cream or whatever they call this, it is a perfect base for me. I also have redness which this lessens to a great degree. Very natural skinlike appearance. Also, for those with "oilyness", I develop shine a few hours after any application of a base. Thought it was oil, but was told by my derm it was plain old sweat. So the shine does happen ( as with anything I use), but I blot only twice in 12 hours and this cc cream still holds up! This cream/base has awesome ingredients and has been wonderful for my skin. This gives a velvety finish, not dewey on me, but lustrous. My skin looks healthy. Thanx clinique for a gorgous product I can finally use daily and stop dawdling with millions of foundations.

I really love this! My skin is very sensitive/reactive, acne-prone and combo-oily leaning dehydrated. To add to that fun, silicones are an instant breakout-trigger for me, and we all know how 98% of foundations/BB/CC creams are loaded up with them. I actually had to read through the ingredients list of this CC cream about 5 times to convince myself that it really and truly is free of 'cones!

On to the review: on application, it does feel a little sticky/tacky, but I find that that disappears quickly once it's blended in to my skin. I've used both my fingers and a brush to apply, and both methods work well, though I might prefer using fingers as I find the warmth of my hands helps this to spread more easily. Once on, it feels like wearing nothing at all. Living in a warm, humid place as I do, this is a huge factor for me.

The coverage is sheer-to-light. What I love most about it is not so much the coverage but how it seems to generally even out and brighten up my skin without caking pigment all over my face. It is truly is a "my skin, but better" look. I have fairly decent skin most of the time, but some slight redness around my nose and mouth, and the occasional minor blemish. This CC cream doesn't exactly cover the redness, but still manages to make my skin much more even and balanced. I don't know how it does it, but it's almost magical.

The finish is on the dewy side. For everyday/daytime wear, I prefer this. For evenings out, I apply this CC cream and also blend a tiny bit of full-coverage foundation (EL DW Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup, which is amazing when used sparingly) over my more reddened areas, and then set it all with powder. That creates, for me, my ideal face--enough coverage to hide redness/minor blemishes, but not so much that my own skin isn't able to show through.

As mentioned earlier, almost everything breaks me out. I've worn this about 5 times now, and have had no problems AT ALL. I've even worn this at work (I teach hot yoga) and my skin is still seeming to love this. I just almost can't believe it....!

At $35, I think this is too pricey to wear every day. But given how finicky my skin is and how pleased I am with the look and feel of this on my skin, I will buy it again in a heartbeat when my tube starts to run low.

For reference, I have neutral-light skin and the shade Light works very well for me.

on 5/26/2013 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

As i am 54 years old, i have several of the BB and CC creams in my rotation.... This, by far is my favorite. I have a few dark spots this covers on my very pale skin.. I reapply it after lunch just like i use to do with powder foundation... Blends well...feels comfortable and now that i have white and light grey streaks in my hair, i am happy to report it doesnt creep in and color my hair! I do wear my moisterizer under neath it. Comes off very easily as well..

on 2/18/2016 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have major problem with my skin so far, and my skin is quiet strong when it comes to trying out different products (very insensitive) so I don't really use foundation.
The only base I use for my face is this CC cream.
I used a Korean BB cream before (even before the craze about BB cream started). So this review is based on my comparison between my old BB cream and this Clinique CC Cream...

This CC cream has more human like color when applied . When I used my BB cream long time ago, I always looked ghastly gray at first that I actually need to wait quiet a while for it to oxidise before going out. This Clinique CC Cream does not leave a ghastly gray cast when applied and when it oxidises, it gives a very natural, healthy looking skin.

It has a low - medium coverage. Good for people looking for just an everyday base make up (I mostly use it just to even out my skin tone, not to cover up major blemishes / marks because this product might be too weak for that purpose)

Thick consistency - Compared to other CC cream that I have tried, this one has a tiny bit thicker consistency. Because I like a runnier consistency for my cc cream (because it's easier to be spread around), I usually mix it with my Clinique moisturiser first, and then put spots of it on my face and dab it away with my damp beauty blender.

Would buy again in the future ! I am actually on my 3rd bottle right now :)

on 7/10/2016 1:15:00 PM

I am in love with this product. I recently had a horrible eczema breakout on my face. I had been using Bare Minerals serum foundation in the winter and Bare Minerals complexion rescue for warmer months. I never got quite enough coverage w the complexion rescue but it was nice for days when I was off work and didn't need long term coverage. Anyway...after my eczema break out, my doc put me on a Cerave only regime and my skin would just not even deal w the Bare Minerals any more. I then tried 6, yes 6, different bb, cc and regular foundations. Stila All Day Wear was very nice, but a little too matte for my taste. On a whim I tried the Clinique CC and holy crap, it is perfect for my Dry, Combination skin! It is good coverage (I use my finger tips to apply and beauty sponge a little extra around nose and under eyes) and has a perfect dewy look that lasts all day without getting too shiny or slick looking. I do use Lorac's "I'm so Sensative" primer and some setting powder on T-zone. I highly recommend this product....I have not had one issue w it irritating my eczema...it has actually made my skin plumper and more even toned. It doesn't settle in creases either...which may be I use a primer.

on 8/10/2013 10:20:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. I can put it on alone for a makeup free look and my skin just glows or I can wear it as a light foundation under my concealer and powder. It is very moisturizing and doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I don't wear a lot of makeup and this is perfect for me to use as a foundation. It really evens everything out and is a nicer consistency than any of the BB creams I have tried. And it has a high spf too. Will definitely repurchase.

I was very skeptical when I bought this. I have very temperamental skin and not a lot of foundations look good on me. Since I've been on medication, my skin has gotten better, but also been a lot drier. I decided to give this a shot. I chose Very Light, which is neutral fair-medium. It promises glowy skin and the coverage of dark spots. I have to say that it delivers. I have mild pink scarring from pimples, and it covers this well. I only need a bit of concealer. The one thing that sold me on this is that it is great for my oilies. I only had to blot once the whole day. The only complaint I really have is that it is a little tacky and hard to spread -- I can fix this by applying some moisturizer underneath. If you are looking for some hydration, I wouldn't run for this. It IS called "moisture surge" but doesn't deliver hydration on application; rather, it provides hydration throughout the day. Overall, a good find.

on 9/20/2016 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know about this CC Cream :| It's really thick and heavy feeling to me. It's a little hard to blend in with your fingers and get a smooth finish, especially if you are a little dry.

It has a nice finish with a bit of a glow, and it's great that it has SPF in it. The colour I had was the fairest I could choose from at my Shoppers Drug Mart, Light. It's a little dark for me, and a little yellow for me too!

After a full day of wearing I'm oily and the coverage will wear down a bit. Overall it's kind of meh to me. I like it when I'm in a rush but I know not to expect perfect skin.

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.