Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 8/8/2017 12:16:00 PM

I have combination oily skin and spend my days in an AC controlled indoor environment. This product comes in limited shades. The SPF factor and sheer to light coverage would make this product good for a fast makeup look (e.g., going to the grocery store)

My skin tone is about Mac C3, or Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W0/2W1. I have this product in "Medium" which is dark for me. It has a more pink undertone than yellow so it wasn't a good match at all. The consistency of this product is very thick, making the product difficult to blend out. Using a low-quality or cheap powder (flour-y or not finely milled) with this CC cream could result in a very big cakey mess on your face. It felt like heavy cream sitting on top of my face instead of being "absorbed" in (not light weight at all). I can definitely feel like I am wearing something on my face. Some CC cream can be used alone or underneath a foundation (as it is a color corrector) but it would not be a good idea with this product just because of how thick it is.

I found the best method to apply this product is to use a brush or finger instead of a damp sponge. It smelled a little weird, though not a "bad" smell. I did not feel like it provided me any extra "moisture surge" or "hydration" like the product suggests.

The product did not work for me, and I didn't enjoy it. I would not purchase this again regardless of the price tag.

FYI: The shade names across the globe differs (USA vs. Asia).

on 12/21/2016 4:13:00 AM

I got some samples when I bought my 3-step kit and when I ran out of my regular Garnier BB Cream these came in handy. I was pleasantly surprised with this product even though the light medium shade wasn't the exact match for me (NC20) it really looked flawless! Didn't cake or feel uncomfortable after 5-6 hours and there were no creases in sight. Will definitely make this my HG CC/foundation for those casual-natural look days.

on 9/20/2016 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know about this CC Cream :| It's really thick and heavy feeling to me. It's a little hard to blend in with your fingers and get a smooth finish, especially if you are a little dry.

It has a nice finish with a bit of a glow, and it's great that it has SPF in it. The colour I had was the fairest I could choose from at my Shoppers Drug Mart, Light. It's a little dark for me, and a little yellow for me too!

After a full day of wearing I'm oily and the coverage will wear down a bit. Overall it's kind of meh to me. I like it when I'm in a rush but I know not to expect perfect skin.

on 9/10/2016 8:43:00 PM

loving it. apply easily. look very natural. No need foundation anymore. light coverage only. suits my skin perfectly and the hot temperature of where I live.

on 9/7/2016 10:05:00 PM

I got this this on a splurge of the moment, and I cant say I'm dissapointed. For reference, i have combo skin leaning torwards dry in the fall/winter very oily in summer/spring. I got this because summer is coming to an end and I knew that my mattifying foundations would no longer have use. I stumbled upon this at a clinque and gave it a try. It was pricey for a cc cream $40 dollars I think. Normally I would NEVER spend that much money on something I hadnt at least looked up first. But anyways, the first time I tried it was after a shower so my skin was dry. I used my handy beautyblender to apply. I squeezed about two pea sized amount of product onto the back of my hand which was the perfect amount to cover my face. When applied it definetly feels hydrating, and water light too. This blended beautifully. However, I did find that it was harder to blend, but not impossible by any means, on some of my really bad dry spots. Though i did forget to moisturize...Either way, at the end of application, my skin tone was even with only a little redness peaking through. I had a nice dewy finish that didnt looke greasy at all. since it was going to be hot that day I set it with a mattifying powder. it held up great, even when my skin got really oily. This will definetly be great for the winter, when my skin is actually dry. But I am really impressed. There are nine shades, but anybody with really fair or really deep skin tones probably wont find a suitable color match. I would reccomend for anybody with dry to slightly oily skin. overall I am very pleased. One thing I did notice is that if you are the person who "dots" the product on their face then blends, which I am, then do it in parts like right cheek then forhead and so on otherwise the product sets a tiny bit making it hard to blend. Totally reccomend though. It held up on my oily skin and did well when my skin was dry too! Love this!

on 7/10/2016 1:15:00 PM

I am in love with this product. I recently had a horrible eczema breakout on my face. I had been using Bare Minerals serum foundation in the winter and Bare Minerals complexion rescue for warmer months. I never got quite enough coverage w the complexion rescue but it was nice for days when I was off work and didn't need long term coverage. Anyway...after my eczema break out, my doc put me on a Cerave only regime and my skin would just not even deal w the Bare Minerals any more. I then tried 6, yes 6, different bb, cc and regular foundations. Stila All Day Wear was very nice, but a little too matte for my taste. On a whim I tried the Clinique CC and holy crap, it is perfect for my Dry, Combination skin! It is good coverage (I use my finger tips to apply and beauty sponge a little extra around nose and under eyes) and has a perfect dewy look that lasts all day without getting too shiny or slick looking. I do use Lorac's "I'm so Sensative" primer and some setting powder on T-zone. I highly recommend this product....I have not had one issue w it irritating my eczema...it has actually made my skin plumper and more even toned. It doesn't settle in creases either...which may be I use a primer.

on 2/18/2016 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have major problem with my skin so far, and my skin is quiet strong when it comes to trying out different products (very insensitive) so I don't really use foundation.
The only base I use for my face is this CC cream.
I used a Korean BB cream before (even before the craze about BB cream started). So this review is based on my comparison between my old BB cream and this Clinique CC Cream...

This CC cream has more human like color when applied . When I used my BB cream long time ago, I always looked ghastly gray at first that I actually need to wait quiet a while for it to oxidise before going out. This Clinique CC Cream does not leave a ghastly gray cast when applied and when it oxidises, it gives a very natural, healthy looking skin.

It has a low - medium coverage. Good for people looking for just an everyday base make up (I mostly use it just to even out my skin tone, not to cover up major blemishes / marks because this product might be too weak for that purpose)

Thick consistency - Compared to other CC cream that I have tried, this one has a tiny bit thicker consistency. Because I like a runnier consistency for my cc cream (because it's easier to be spread around), I usually mix it with my Clinique moisturiser first, and then put spots of it on my face and dab it away with my damp beauty blender.

Would buy again in the future ! I am actually on my 3rd bottle right now :)

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.

on 10/21/2015 10:59:00 PM

Okay, so I did a trial of this, hoping it would be moisturising with the added bonus of SPF 30. I've been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (which I freaking LOVE, but $101), but the Clinique CC is half the price ($50), and the sales assistant was convincing (and said if i come back to purchase I can get 15% off if I bring my flight itinerary).

Decent coverage, looks fine, but makes my skin feel SO dry, and tight, when I smile in the mirror my laugh lines are prominent. Coverage is medium, decent colour match (Chanel I'm B50, this i'm Medium Deep), even but actually looks unnatural? Not hugely impressed with this, and had high hopes. I feel dry patches around my nose, cheeks, mouth.

Also, smells weird. Sort of paint like. Clinique is supposed to be all fragrance free right, but maybe they should reconsider...

I'm giving it a go, but at this stage i'm going have to use a pretty nourishing moisturiser tonight, feels awful on my skin right now. Ugh, not a fan. I guess Clinique is cheap for a reason.

on 10/12/2015 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this product is the worst. the consistency is way too sticky, its hard to blend. my face get oily very quick, and it doesn't make the face matt, it creases a lot on forehead, nose and under eye area. maybe it will work on dry skin. it is horrible to me, definitely not going to purchase this again.