Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I wasn't sure about buying this after reading many less-than-enthusiastic reviews. Of course I read the reviews AFTER buying. I love it. Normally during the day I only wear lots of sunscreen but lately I've been wanting a bit of foundation too. As we know, even foundations with sunscreen require heavy application and many times my foundations don't work over my sunscreen. I chose light and it works perfectly for my skin color. It spreads smoothly and I apply it as I would over my usual sunscreen. My skin is older, a bit dryer so I am loving this stuff. It evens out my skin and covers small red or brown spots enough and I don't look made-up. I find that it is easy to blend. I always apply it over my regular sunscreen. I only apply it on my cheeks, nose and chin, and lightly. makes my skin perfect and I have extra sun protection.

on 3/3/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wrote one of the first reviews for this product about a year ago when it first came out. I initially wasn't impressed at all and my review reflected that. I've deleted that review because my thoughts on this product have drastically changed! Over the last four months my skin has become excessively dry and nothing - and I mean nothing - has helped. My entire forehead, nose, chin, mouth, and undereye area were all a yucky, flaky mess. I have a massive collection of various foundations, tinted moisturizers, and BB creams and I tried them all, but they all clung to the flakes and dry patches and looked horrible. I was about to give up on wearing makeup at all except for concealer where I needed it when I decided to try Clinique skincare, and the CC Cream again. I had recently read a review on here from someone who stated how important it was to find the right color match because if it was too light, it wouldn't apply well and would look horrible. When I first tried this product I tried a sample in Light. I didn't even bother putting it on my face because when I tested it on the inside of my wrist it looked way way too dark, so I went back and got a sample in Very Light. That one was way TOO light. It washed me out and it applied unevenly and looked dry and chalky as well. (For reference, I'm an NC15/NARS Gobi.) So I gave up on it and moved on.

This time when I went to the counter, they were out of Very Light so I picked up Light. (I was hoping to get both to mix.) To my surprise, It really wasn't all that dark once applied to my face. It was close enough that I've been able to wear it for the last five days to really test it out, and I love it! It applies smoothly (when applied correctly) and makes my skin look supple, hydrated, youthful, and radiant. It smooths over my pores, really evens out my skin tone perfectly, and can be built up to medium coverage. I started using Clinique skincare at the same time I started wearing this, and my skin looks wonderful. I don't have a single flake or dry patch on my face now. I just wash my face, apply a light layer of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +, and then apply the CC cream with my fingers or a flat top buffing brush. I don't have to set with powder and this stuff lasts a solid 8-10 hours on me, depending on what I'm doing that day. I never get shiny or oily and it keeps my skin hydrated. I'm so impressed with it that I've ordered a tube of the Very Light so I can mix the two to get a perfect match. Getting the right color match - specifically, NOT using a shade that's too light - really makes all the difference. It contains SPF 30 which is awesome, and it also photographs beautifully. Doesn't irritate my moderately sensitive skin, and is fragrance-free. I love this product and will definitely repurchase.

ETA: I hate to make this review even longer than it already was, but I just wanted to get back on here and say that I received my Very Light in the mail yesterday and am wearing it today - alone - and it's my perfect match. I've honestly never had a base product match me this perfectly before. I have to wonder if the sample I tried last year was just "bad" or something, as this applied just as smoothly as the Light did (which I will save for summer now) and is by no means too light for me. It looks beautiful and really brightens up my face! I think I've found my new HG day-to-day base product.

I really wanted to like this product as I normally do well with Clinique, but it was impossible. This product was absolutely horrid for me. I have forced myself to use half the bottle as it was expensive and I wanted to give it a fair shake, but it's intolerable and has to go. The formula is SO thick - I had to mix it with my regular moisturizer in order to even spread it evenly. Otherwise it just kind of got stuck on my skin and left streaks. The coverage, even cut w/a light moisturizer, is extremely heavy and cakey. It's the only product I've used that actually rubs off and leaves makeup marks on any piece of clothing it comes in contact with, not even my long wearing foundation does that. Worst of all, it gave me terrible cystic acne. I'm 33 years old and have never had breakouts but I'm guaranteed at least one huge and painful pimple every 2 weeks on this. Sadly, an all over fail.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never used a BB or CC cream, but I decided to give this one a try, as my skin is fortunately clear and doesn't really need foundation--just a sheer wash to polish my look.

I love this cream because, as a woman with pale skin, it is rather difficult to find coloured skin creams that aren't too pink or too yellow. This one is amazing. It goes on very smoothly, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

The fact that it is oil-free, contains sunscreen, and has a faint yet pleasant scent (no "sunscreen odour") is a major selling point for me. This just may be my HG CC cream! I will most definitely purchase this one again.

The only reason I bought the CC Cream was because I saw all the adverting on it, and the colour range looked really good.

I am really fair and got the shade Very Light which is a perfect match. Which in normal foundation is really rare, so having this match so perfectly made me automatically love it.

I find it weird that some people say this doesn't offer a good coverage, as I find this offers a better coverage for me then a normal foundation. It does not cake up on me at all and it really does stop any redness or grey/ash areas on my face. It gives the skin a nice natural dewy finish. I find that my skin which is a dry combination work's really great with this CC Cream as I don't even powder over the top and I get no oily patches.

The best way to apply this cream is with a buffing brush. When I apply with my fingers it does go streaky. This product has defiantly saved me so much time in the mornings as there is no need for a primer, powder or sunscreen.

I so wanted to like this product. I have been wearing Clinique City Block but wanted to try this as so many have written positive about it. The cosmetic sales girl selected Medium Light for my complexion, but when I put it on it seems so mask like. It sits on top of my skin, rubs off on Kleenex, looks pasty. I don't understand how reviewers can say it makes your skin dewy. I have tried putting liss on, more on, I am sorry to say I just do not like this product at all.

on 6/20/2013 6:12:00 PM

This CC cream isn't exactly "Moisture Surge." It's pasty rather than moisturizing ( somewhat similar to the Smashbox CC cream). My skin is combination/dry. The CC cream didn't make me breakout like the Moisture Surge moisturizer does, but the CC cream is too dry for the dry areas in my cheeks. I'd like to apply only 1 or 2 layers to achieve the coverage I want, but for some reason it always ends up cakey because I want to cover my acne scars by using this CC cream (without adding concealer and foundation). Clinique did a job with the shade spectrum. With "very light," they really meant it. It's even lighter than the "fair" shade in Smashbox's cc cream. Fair skinned girls with pink or neutral undertones would like Clinique's CC cream.

on 6/16/2013 5:07:00 AM

Haven't written a review in a long time, but I feel like this product most definitely deserves one.
I recently went through a really rough acne breakout and my skin has been sensitized all over my body! Through oral antibiotics and Ziana gel, It's getting much better and all I have left now is some icepick scarring on my cheeks. I have to be really careful of what I put on my face now because I'm still easily prone to breakouts from the wrong products. My skin type I would say is a little dry from my cheeks down and oily on my nose and forehead, and when I wear makeup I'd like it to look like my actual face, NOT like a mask. I have a lot of redness in my face, and let me tell you this does a FANTASTIC job of covering it up! It gives me a very natural finish with a bit of a glow to it that makes me look very healthy and bright! It covers up my scarring oh-kay, but nothing is really going to hide that completely. If I want a more full coverage I can apply one layer, wait for that to dry, and then apply a second and it STILL looks so beautifully natural. I can even wear this while on vacation in Florida, where it is humid 24/7 and it stays on perfectly all day until I wash it off! I am so so SO impressed with this product and I'm more of an Estee Lauder brat than I was ever a fan of Clinique, but this right here has won my heart.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I FREAKING LOVE this CC Cream. I got so many compliments from wearing it. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It doesn't clog pores. It is just amazing. It also match my skin colour very well, I have olive skin and 'Medium Deep' really suits me. I am in Australia and it costs me $45 here. But I am planning to get the next one from eBay since I already knew my shades. I highly recommend this product to anyone who doesn't like using thick foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to CC cream on the weekend days or weekdays I don't feel putting on foundtation. It's incredibly moisturizing and gives a nice glow to my skin. It doesn't give heavy coverage but my face looks much more even with it on. I have the light for colder months and light-medium for late spring and summer.