Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never used a BB or CC cream, but I decided to give this one a try, as my skin is fortunately clear and doesn't really need foundation--just a sheer wash to polish my look.

I love this cream because, as a woman with pale skin, it is rather difficult to find coloured skin creams that aren't too pink or too yellow. This one is amazing. It goes on very smoothly, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

The fact that it is oil-free, contains sunscreen, and has a faint yet pleasant scent (no "sunscreen odour") is a major selling point for me. This just may be my HG CC cream! I will most definitely purchase this one again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I FREAKING LOVE this CC Cream. I got so many compliments from wearing it. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It doesn't clog pores. It is just amazing. It also match my skin colour very well, I have olive skin and 'Medium Deep' really suits me. I am in Australia and it costs me $45 here. But I am planning to get the next one from eBay since I already knew my shades. I highly recommend this product to anyone who doesn't like using thick foundation.

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

on 1/23/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised to see how many people hate this product while to me this Clinique Moisture Surge CC cream does great. I think the key for the perfect application of this cream is to have our skin properly moisturized first. When I first bought this cream back in Sept 2013, the beautician at Clinique's counter explained that I would still need to moisturize my skin before applying it, because CC cream isn't a moisturizing product. I was given some sachets of Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizing gel for sample, to apply before the CC cream. The CC cream worked very well since the beginning. I love how it glides smoothly on my skin, and how it evens out my skin tone as well as creates natural shades that looks fresh and dewy. To me the texture is not thick at all. It's very easy to apply and blend on properly moisturized skin. I apply it on my face using my fingertips, as I believe that my body heat helps blending it even more. The beautiful tone stays for hours that I go to work with it and still have my beautiful glowing skin at the end of the day. I don't continue using Clinique's moisturizing gel, though. It's because I prefer using my SK II stempower cream or my dermatologist's morning cream. My skin is picky. It breaks out easily when it gets a wrong product. But with Clinique's CC cream it stays calm and gets even more beautiful. I love it! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to CC cream on the weekend days or weekdays I don't feel putting on foundtation. It's incredibly moisturizing and gives a nice glow to my skin. It doesn't give heavy coverage but my face looks much more even with it on. I have the light for colder months and light-medium for late spring and summer.

on 11/2/2014 5:00:00 PM

I love clinique products. But this cc cream is not for me. It stings my eyes, not immediately, but like an hour after applying it. I use it on top of clinique eye cream. After a while, the cc cream seems to slowly "flow" into my eyes, and I have to wash it off. I don't have the same problem with clinique city block, which I have used for like over 20 years.

on 10/28/2014 4:43:00 PM

A friend of mine uses this and I had to ask what it was. Initially, they didn't have a very wide color selection. Last week, at the Clinique counter, a perfect match. I live in a dry state, the moisture and coverage make this my go-to product. A bit of blush, mascara and out the door. I travel all the time, the tube is perfect for my "3oz. or less" life. Highly recommend! Tips- Use sparingly and blend with a brush.

on 5/23/2014 10:02:00 AM

I have been looking for the perfect cc or bb cream for a while - i wanted something i could wear on holiday that gives me coverage, but isn't too heavy and doesn't melt as soon as you go in the sun! I've used a few bb creams and found them all too heavy and orange but this cream is near perfect for me - i am very pale and foundations tend to go crusty on my skin, but this cc cream didn't! I use it after i wash and tone, like i would a foundation and find it gives me coverage, without looking like i've got a full face of liquid foundation on! I apply a light bit of powder, too, and love the look it gives! I really recommend it for anyone pale (i use the lightest colour and it isnt orange at all) or for anyone who likes a bit of coverage whilst on holiday as it doesn't melt and stays on all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Very rich, rather thick, but looks good on my skin.

on 3/3/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wrote one of the first reviews for this product about a year ago when it first came out. I initially wasn't impressed at all and my review reflected that. I've deleted that review because my thoughts on this product have drastically changed! Over the last four months my skin has become excessively dry and nothing - and I mean nothing - has helped. My entire forehead, nose, chin, mouth, and undereye area were all a yucky, flaky mess. I have a massive collection of various foundations, tinted moisturizers, and BB creams and I tried them all, but they all clung to the flakes and dry patches and looked horrible. I was about to give up on wearing makeup at all except for concealer where I needed it when I decided to try Clinique skincare, and the CC Cream again. I had recently read a review on here from someone who stated how important it was to find the right color match because if it was too light, it wouldn't apply well and would look horrible. When I first tried this product I tried a sample in Light. I didn't even bother putting it on my face because when I tested it on the inside of my wrist it looked way way too dark, so I went back and got a sample in Very Light. That one was way TOO light. It washed me out and it applied unevenly and looked dry and chalky as well. (For reference, I'm an NC15/NARS Gobi.) So I gave up on it and moved on.

This time when I went to the counter, they were out of Very Light so I picked up Light. (I was hoping to get both to mix.) To my surprise, It really wasn't all that dark once applied to my face. It was close enough that I've been able to wear it for the last five days to really test it out, and I love it! It applies smoothly (when applied correctly) and makes my skin look supple, hydrated, youthful, and radiant. It smooths over my pores, really evens out my skin tone perfectly, and can be built up to medium coverage. I started using Clinique skincare at the same time I started wearing this, and my skin looks wonderful. I don't have a single flake or dry patch on my face now. I just wash my face, apply a light layer of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +, and then apply the CC cream with my fingers or a flat top buffing brush. I don't have to set with powder and this stuff lasts a solid 8-10 hours on me, depending on what I'm doing that day. I never get shiny or oily and it keeps my skin hydrated. I'm so impressed with it that I've ordered a tube of the Very Light so I can mix the two to get a perfect match. Getting the right color match - specifically, NOT using a shade that's too light - really makes all the difference. It contains SPF 30 which is awesome, and it also photographs beautifully. Doesn't irritate my moderately sensitive skin, and is fragrance-free. I love this product and will definitely repurchase.

ETA: I hate to make this review even longer than it already was, but I just wanted to get back on here and say that I received my Very Light in the mail yesterday and am wearing it today - alone - and it's my perfect match. I've honestly never had a base product match me this perfectly before. I have to wonder if the sample I tried last year was just "bad" or something, as this applied just as smoothly as the Light did (which I will save for summer now) and is by no means too light for me. It looks beautiful and really brightens up my face! I think I've found my new HG day-to-day base product.