CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Dry
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My skin: Very sensitive/very oily T-zone/blemish prone/dehydrated/fair tone. I'm 37 and have been struggling with blemishes and allergic bumps due to a poor reaction to new products. I've been endlessly looking for a good bb/cc cream that 1.Doesn't contain oils or silicones, mainly Dimethicone, (which causes me to breakout) 2.Contains an SPF of 30 or higher, preferably physical as opposed to chemical sunscreen and 3.Helps control the oil on my nose and forehead during the day and finally 4.Doesn't cause me to break out. This fit the bill. It's one of the ONLY oil-free/silicone-free products that I could find. I have tried so many tinted moisturizers, bb and cc's I ALMOST gave up my search- when I noticed this met all my requirements!
The results of using this for a couple weeks and how I successfully apply it:
It is definitely hard to spread if you're not quick, as it dries fast. However, I put a couple drops of my moisturizing liquid- Liquid Recovery from First Aid Beauty in it, and warm it on my fingers by swirling it, and then quickly apply it in sections- forehead and nose, cheeks, chin. Then, I rub my hands together and press my warm hands over each area of my face to set this product into my skin, and gently do this over my jawline to smooth any potential streaks. At first, it's not that impressive, but as the day goes on it looks amazing.
Since using this, my blemishes have almost ALL gone away, and my skin looks and feels better every day. When I have this on, my skin looks flawless -I mean really beautiful- it hides what blemishes I have left, covers redness and scarring, and I'm glowing and radiant, but not shiny. I only blot once a day as opposed to several times a day which is such a relief! If you are willing to deal with the slight challenge of applying this, the results really outweigh the negative aspect. The cream offers about a medium-coverage, has a thicker texture but not greasy, and there are many tones and shades to choose from which is great! I love this CC cream, how it makes me look during the day, and how it helps me feel about my skin and appearance, and will probably never switch again!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Spoiler alert: this CC cream is not for oily skin types! I have dry skin so it works good. Definitely hydrating as its says, works great over a layer of moisture surge. Typical foundation tube packaging, the opening is a bit too large so a lot comes out if I’m not careful. But applyig this a little heavy isn’t a bad thing because it does fade. It spreads a bit difficult and I always have to reach for a brush to blend this product out, it noticably accumulates in my eyebrows and hairline and looks better buffed in a bit. My dry skin doesn’t feel dehydrated at the end of the day so yep, it’s hydrating. It does not play well with my face powder (currently using bare minerals which darkens when applied over this),
I got mine at Ulta who doesn’t carry the shade “very light” so I got the shade “light” and, as I have been getting a little sun in the past few weeks, this shade works. I find it to lean cool with an obvious pink undertone, in my opinion it needs to be a bit more neutral if it’s going to work for “a range of skin tones and undertones”. At the time I am making this review there are some models on Clinique’s website with before and after pictures, and for one of the light examples her skin tone is obviously yellow. On her after photo her yellow skin tone is still obvious around her hair line and on her neck. So I’m going to strongly suggest those who know their skin tone is warm/yellow to test the shade before purchase.
I don’t plan on repurchasing unless it’s to try out the very light shade as I think there are better bb/cc creams out there right now that apply, wear and look better. But compared to Clinique’s age defense BB cream it’s an improvement, I found it to be difficult to work with, cakey and drying. I have good days applying this product and bad days, bad days being if the environment is excessively humid. I have yet to find a sunscreen that plays well underneath, and neither of the Clinique city blocks play well undrerneath so if I use this I have to use *just this*. I am, in fact, on the fence wether I want to keep this or return it, I still need to give it a few more tries.

on 4/29/2017 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I went to Belk to purchase my usual Clinique powder and the makeup consultant gave me a sample of this free. The sample came in a pretty generous size able to be used a few times for full application. The consultant matched me to the color "light medium". Whenever I first tried this on I noticed RIGHT AWAY that the color match was AWFULLY WRONG! This was darker than what I would have thought light medium would have looked like. So naturally I didn't like it because, well, the color was way off! Fast forward a couple months and I have been getting in the tanning bed. Since my skin was shades darker I decided to try this product again and see if I could make it work. It absolutely did! The color was PERFECT now and matched me exactly. I was excited! It blurred my imperfections, didn't dry my skin out, looked so natural, and matched my skin perfectly! It definitely has buildable coverage as well and a little bit can go a long way... It has a dewy finish by itself so I put on a powder over it and perfect! I will note however, that if you have oily skin like me (in my t-zone particularly) you may have to add more powder for a touch up to keep the look mattified... No big deal and takes only a few seconds. All in all, I definitely think this is worth trying out... See if you can get a sample and give it a try!

on 7/30/2016 5:58:00 AM

My skin is dry, with blemishes and acne. This product doesn't work well as coverage for the acne or the scars, but it gives my skin a good glowy touch and evens out my skin color. It matches my skin tone well and has a natural touch. After a few hours, it still does not make my skin oily. It's somewhat thick but, not sure whether it's because of my dry skin, I find it hard to blend the cream (I use fingers).

Although this is my "go-to" foundation-type layer, I do find the price a bit too high for the quality of product and amount of product. I like that this stays supple and soft, and very natural throughout the day, but I do not care for its sheen. I find that I have to apply powder frequently or my face looks quite shiny -- even if I apply the BB Cream over a primer. I will however continue to purchase this until I find something better, someday. I like that I can trust it (aside from the shiny aspect) to look pretty good for at least 8-12 hours. That says a lot!

on 10/27/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK - not great, not bad. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you put on

Pros:
-non irritating
-medium, smooth coverage

Cons:
-Clinique foundations all seem to have red undertones to me. My niece was also wearing this one day and she looked like she was reading a mask (you could see the mark along her jawline although the color should have been appropriate for her). I looked at myself more closely and noticed that I looked more bronzy than usual but there was no lighter color in the line
-does not make my dry skin look any dewier so I think this may be a foundation for younger, moister skin types

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this product. I used to use the old formulation of the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser and I really liked it. When I went to repurchase it was gone and this was available in it's place...but I don't love it.

I don't hate it by any means and I plan to finish it, but I don't like it enough that I would repurchase. Ultimately, I think I can find something better.

Pros:
- SPF 30! This is a product I would use in summer and during the daytime so I love having the high SPF because I burn very easy.
- Good coverage - it's not too heavy and not too light. Gives a lovely even finish and is easy to blend into skin.
- Shade match - I bought Very Light and it's a good match for my skin (for ref. I wear NC15 in MAC)

Cons:
- Transfer - this stuff doesn't seem to fully set and I have noticed it rubs off on clothing and tissues etc. This might be because of the spf?
- Overly dewy - I've got very dry skin and I love a nice dewy finish makeup, but this is too much even for me. On hot days it can make you look greasy even if you set with a power. If you're very oily I would steer clear!

All in all not a terrible product but I will be continuing the hunt for a new HG tinted moisturiser/lightweight everyday base.

on 5/30/2015 6:39:00 PM

If you have dry, sensitive skin then give this a go. I love this product, I find that it blends beautifully and is very nourishing to my picky complexion. I find that the coverage is light to medium and buildable too. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin and photographs really well. It may not work so well on extremely oily skin types. With a good spf it is a good all round product, I highly recommend.

on 5/5/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and Clinique moisturizers are usually safe, so I figured this would be, too...
PROS: the medium light color is a good match for me and I didn't run into blending problems, as other reviewers have mentioned.
CONS: HEAT RASH. By the time I got home from a day outside& at the gym, i had developed red bumps all over my cheeks. I'm overall more susceptible to it (long time eczema), but I haven't had it to this extent on my face in years. I should mention that I've exercised with a variety of other products on my face, and never gotten a rash. To be fair, I don't know if it was this specific product or all CC creams that are non-comedogenic, but now I know that it's something I may look for. I will probably not be using this again soon unless I'm going to be in a fairly cool environment, which defeats the purpose of it being SPF 30.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this for a year now. I don't use it regularly cuz I can't make it work. I take it out of my makeup drawer regularly tho to see if it's my skin that is the problem. My skin changes with the weather. But now it's pretty normal and not dry like in the winter. I tried again today and just don't like it. I hav it in light. I think it looks too orange. It is too thick even wen I warm it up. It doesn't spread making it uneven. It's not moisturising at all like it says it is. If anything it makes my skin dry and flaky. I like the sunblock in it. I like TheBalm tinted moisturiser much better and will stick to that.