Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.4

on 4/29/2017 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I went to Belk to purchase my usual Clinique powder and the makeup consultant gave me a sample of this free. The sample came in a pretty generous size able to be used a few times for full application. The consultant matched me to the color "light medium". Whenever I first tried this on I noticed RIGHT AWAY that the color match was AWFULLY WRONG! This was darker than what I would have thought light medium would have looked like. So naturally I didn't like it because, well, the color was way off! Fast forward a couple months and I have been getting in the tanning bed. Since my skin was shades darker I decided to try this product again and see if I could make it work. It absolutely did! The color was PERFECT now and matched me exactly. I was excited! It blurred my imperfections, didn't dry my skin out, looked so natural, and matched my skin perfectly! It definitely has buildable coverage as well and a little bit can go a long way... It has a dewy finish by itself so I put on a powder over it and perfect! I will note however, that if you have oily skin like me (in my t-zone particularly) you may have to add more powder for a touch up to keep the look mattified... No big deal and takes only a few seconds. All in all, I definitely think this is worth trying out... See if you can get a sample and give it a try!

on 7/30/2016 5:58:00 AM

My skin is dry, with blemishes and acne. This product doesn't work well as coverage for the acne or the scars, but it gives my skin a good glowy touch and evens out my skin color. It matches my skin tone well and has a natural touch. After a few hours, it still does not make my skin oily. It's somewhat thick but, not sure whether it's because of my dry skin, I find it hard to blend the cream (I use fingers).

Although this is my "go-to" foundation-type layer, I do find the price a bit too high for the quality of product and amount of product. I like that this stays supple and soft, and very natural throughout the day, but I do not care for its sheen. I find that I have to apply powder frequently or my face looks quite shiny -- even if I apply the BB Cream over a primer. I will however continue to purchase this until I find something better, someday. I like that I can trust it (aside from the shiny aspect) to look pretty good for at least 8-12 hours. That says a lot!

on 10/27/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK - not great, not bad. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you put on

Pros:
-non irritating
-medium, smooth coverage

Cons:
-Clinique foundations all seem to have red undertones to me. My niece was also wearing this one day and she looked like she was reading a mask (you could see the mark along her jawline although the color should have been appropriate for her). I looked at myself more closely and noticed that I looked more bronzy than usual but there was no lighter color in the line
-does not make my dry skin look any dewier so I think this may be a foundation for younger, moister skin types

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this product. I used to use the old formulation of the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser and I really liked it. When I went to repurchase it was gone and this was available in it's place...but I don't love it.

I don't hate it by any means and I plan to finish it, but I don't like it enough that I would repurchase. Ultimately, I think I can find something better.

Pros:
- SPF 30! This is a product I would use in summer and during the daytime so I love having the high SPF because I burn very easy.
- Good coverage - it's not too heavy and not too light. Gives a lovely even finish and is easy to blend into skin.
- Shade match - I bought Very Light and it's a good match for my skin (for ref. I wear NC15 in MAC)

Cons:
- Transfer - this stuff doesn't seem to fully set and I have noticed it rubs off on clothing and tissues etc. This might be because of the spf?
- Overly dewy - I've got very dry skin and I love a nice dewy finish makeup, but this is too much even for me. On hot days it can make you look greasy even if you set with a power. If you're very oily I would steer clear!

All in all not a terrible product but I will be continuing the hunt for a new HG tinted moisturiser/lightweight everyday base.

on 5/30/2015 6:39:00 PM

If you have dry, sensitive skin then give this a go. I love this product, I find that it blends beautifully and is very nourishing to my picky complexion. I find that the coverage is light to medium and buildable too. It gives a beautiful glow to the skin and photographs really well. It may not work so well on extremely oily skin types. With a good spf it is a good all round product, I highly recommend.

on 5/5/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and Clinique moisturizers are usually safe, so I figured this would be, too...
PROS: the medium light color is a good match for me and I didn't run into blending problems, as other reviewers have mentioned.
CONS: HEAT RASH. By the time I got home from a day outside& at the gym, i had developed red bumps all over my cheeks. I'm overall more susceptible to it (long time eczema), but I haven't had it to this extent on my face in years. I should mention that I've exercised with a variety of other products on my face, and never gotten a rash. To be fair, I don't know if it was this specific product or all CC creams that are non-comedogenic, but now I know that it's something I may look for. I will probably not be using this again soon unless I'm going to be in a fairly cool environment, which defeats the purpose of it being SPF 30.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've had this for a year now. I don't use it regularly cuz I can't make it work. I take it out of my makeup drawer regularly tho to see if it's my skin that is the problem. My skin changes with the weather. But now it's pretty normal and not dry like in the winter. I tried again today and just don't like it. I hav it in light. I think it looks too orange. It is too thick even wen I warm it up. It doesn't spread making it uneven. It's not moisturising at all like it says it is. If anything it makes my skin dry and flaky. I like the sunblock in it. I like TheBalm tinted moisturiser much better and will stick to that.

on 3/29/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this product in the shade medium and I think its alright. I have dark Indian skin and it works quite well but I find the price a bit much for the product. But it does last for a long time. I've had mine for a good 5 months and it's still not empty.

The packaging is nice and simple nothing to fancy. Also it does not appear thick on your skin and gives a natural glow. It IS a bit too dewy for me so I just use some matte powder.
It does require a good amount of blending though or it looks whitish.

on 12/19/2014 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I had a generous sample in light medium. I really wanted to like it but this is another BB/CC that reinforces my dislike for these creams. What I liked: gives a nice glow to your skin. Layered with a light dusting of loose powder like Nars Light Reflecting or Hourglass Ambient Lighting, gives an almost unreal/ethereal quality. High SPF. What I didn't like: gloopy and thick, I hated applying the product as I much prefer a fluid texture. This just reminds me of old fashioned sunblock. Had to rely on a Beauty Blender to blend it in. Even after it's settled in, I could feel it sitting on my skin and my skin just didn't feel nice to touch. Another reason, a few times I was caught out in humid weather and this cream seemed to have migrated and was stinging my eyes, very similar to like when sunscreen seeps into your eyes when you're sweating. Ugh. I want to enjoy putting on my skincare or makeup so needless to say I won't be buying this. I'll stick to my Nars TM for my 'no-foundation but still want some coverage' days.