Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this product as it does even out my complexion and gives decent coverage, especially for a cc cream, however I have relatively oily skin and even so, this seems the cling to the edges of pimples and make any dryness seem more noticeable. Normally if this happens to me with other foundations or bb creams, the dry patches go away as my face become more oily and my makeup settles but whenever closely inspected, I could still see some flaky dryness which disappoints me as it is quite expensive and I got much the same result from my maybelline pure bb cream.

on 4/6/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really this for 6 months and decided it is not for me. It is a little bit too moisturizing (and I have dry skin), tranfers easily to shirts (watch your neckline and giving hugs), and does not have a good color selection (I use medium, which is a tad dark and need to use a darker powder around my jaw-line to blend the markings). There are 3 colors to choose from. Price is very high, $35.00 at Sephora or Macy's. I happily use Physicians Formula talc-free pressed mineral correcting powder, $13.95 at Walmart, is easy to cover imperfections, has great staying power, and does not transfer.

on 3/24/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. It's hydrating and dewy, but not greasy or shiny. It can be built up to a medium coverage and it lasts well throughout the day. I have shade light-medium and I am NC25/30 and this works well. I love the SPF 30 too!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product. I have very sensitive, very dry skin with rosacea across my cheeks that will flare if I'm exposed to much sunlight or heat. This has never irritated or made my skin break out. I always have moisturizer on so it's worn underneath automatically. This CC cream goes on smoothly and easily, I don't notice any scent and I like it's creamy texture. I'm able to use it as a foundation without any additional product unless a swish of blush across my cheekbones sometimes. I'm very fair but the light and light/medium looked much too pale and 'wrong' in bright light. I bought medium which goes on a tiny bit yellow but almost immediately settles into a perfect match. I had a sample of this from the Clinique counter and used itl up before purchasing a tube. I'm very pleased with the color, staying power and moisturizing nature of it. For more formal times I use Estee Lauder's Futura in Pale Almond. But, honestly I'm using this Clinique CC most often because it matches my skin well, hydrates and lasts a long time. I'll repurchase this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this cc cream. i have super dry skin,, i put a moisturizer on underneath and this goes on super smooth, it evens out all my redness and broken veins,, not cakey at all,, i wore this during the heatwave in nyc, was 107 degrees,, it really stayed put and did not melt, the sunscreen was amazing and totally protected my face, i use the light/medium tone.

on 6/22/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Normally, I wouldn't spend this much on a makeup product. However, my skin was getting horribly dry and red caused by a bad spell of eczema so I was desperate enough to take a spending plunge of $37 rather than my usual drug store makeup. I was happy that i did. It is very moisturizing and it gives full coverage while still letting my skin show through, which makes it look very natural. I love the dewiness that it gives and it doesn't emphasize dry flaky patches. It hasn't clogged my pores nor cause additional irritation. The medium color matches my skin perfectly and the texture is really blend-able. The only cons are that it does feel like I'm wearing makeup when I use it. It also suggest on the packaging that it has to be reapplied every two hours. With my skin being so dry, it lasts a long time, but I can understand someone with normal to oily skin having to reapply, especially on a hot day. But, additional pros are that it works as a primer, moisturizer and foundation and is non allergenic. It does however, need to be set with a powder or setting mist.