CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 18 & Under
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.8

on 9/7/2016 10:05:00 PM

I got this this on a splurge of the moment, and I cant say I'm dissapointed. For reference, i have combo skin leaning torwards dry in the fall/winter very oily in summer/spring. I got this because summer is coming to an end and I knew that my mattifying foundations would no longer have use. I stumbled upon this at a clinque and gave it a try. It was pricey for a cc cream $40 dollars I think. Normally I would NEVER spend that much money on something I hadnt at least looked up first. But anyways, the first time I tried it was after a shower so my skin was dry. I used my handy beautyblender to apply. I squeezed about two pea sized amount of product onto the back of my hand which was the perfect amount to cover my face. When applied it definetly feels hydrating, and water light too. This blended beautifully. However, I did find that it was harder to blend, but not impossible by any means, on some of my really bad dry spots. Though i did forget to moisturize...Either way, at the end of application, my skin tone was even with only a little redness peaking through. I had a nice dewy finish that didnt looke greasy at all. since it was going to be hot that day I set it with a mattifying powder. it held up great, even when my skin got really oily. This will definetly be great for the winter, when my skin is actually dry. But I am really impressed. There are nine shades, but anybody with really fair or really deep skin tones probably wont find a suitable color match. I would reccomend for anybody with dry to slightly oily skin. overall I am very pleased. One thing I did notice is that if you are the person who "dots" the product on their face then blends, which I am, then do it in parts like right cheek then forhead and so on otherwise the product sets a tiny bit making it hard to blend. Totally reccomend though. It held up on my oily skin and did well when my skin was dry too! Love this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this product as it does even out my complexion and gives decent coverage, especially for a cc cream, however I have relatively oily skin and even so, this seems the cling to the edges of pimples and make any dryness seem more noticeable. Normally if this happens to me with other foundations or bb creams, the dry patches go away as my face become more oily and my makeup settles but whenever closely inspected, I could still see some flaky dryness which disappoints me as it is quite expensive and I got much the same result from my maybelline pure bb cream.

I love this productI have been using it everyday for around a year, it is highly moisturising, it gives a medium coverage, i use the shade very light and it matches my skin all year round, and most products i have used react with my sensitive skin and this product doesn't it actually improves my skin rather then effect it negatively, i recommend brushes and preferably fingers to apply this product, sponges tend to make it look a little cakey, you also need to warm the product up in your fingers before applying it. my only complaint with this product is that you need to put the lid on straight away or the tube fills with air and you can't really tell how much product you actually have left.

on 1/30/2015 5:18:00 PM

I received this in the travel size as a free item and I never really intended to use it since BB and CC creams tend to be low coverage and greasy formulas. I used this one day when I was in a rush and and it surprisingly gave more coverage than I expected. It was also moisturizing and not greasy or shiny. It didn't even need setting powder! Very satisfied.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

I have this because the lady at ulta recommended it to me when I asked her what to get for dry skin and light coverage. I love it. It is blend able and perfect coverage. I powder it lightly to keep it in place all day because I have 17 hour days as a 9th grader. So I need something to stay and have no problems. I use the wet and wild coverall powder. and the price is pricey but I don't use much of the product and it lasts a long time so yeah:)

on 6/16/2013 5:07:00 AM

Haven't written a review in a long time, but I feel like this product most definitely deserves one.
I recently went through a really rough acne breakout and my skin has been sensitized all over my body! Through oral antibiotics and Ziana gel, It's getting much better and all I have left now is some icepick scarring on my cheeks. I have to be really careful of what I put on my face now because I'm still easily prone to breakouts from the wrong products. My skin type I would say is a little dry from my cheeks down and oily on my nose and forehead, and when I wear makeup I'd like it to look like my actual face, NOT like a mask. I have a lot of redness in my face, and let me tell you this does a FANTASTIC job of covering it up! It gives me a very natural finish with a bit of a glow to it that makes me look very healthy and bright! It covers up my scarring oh-kay, but nothing is really going to hide that completely. If I want a more full coverage I can apply one layer, wait for that to dry, and then apply a second and it STILL looks so beautifully natural. I can even wear this while on vacation in Florida, where it is humid 24/7 and it stays on perfectly all day until I wash it off! I am so so SO impressed with this product and I'm more of an Estee Lauder brat than I was ever a fan of Clinique, but this right here has won my heart.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this product as a sample at Sephora to compare with the Smashbox CC Cream and honestly the two don't even compare. I HATED this CC Cream. I usually like a bit of a luminous finish but this took it to a whole new level I literally looked fake like I rubbed shimmer oil all over my face. It didn't offer the kind of coverage I was looking for either. All in all I would NOT recommend this CC Cream.