Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

on 8/8/2017 12:16:00 PM

I have combination oily skin and spend my days in an AC controlled indoor environment. This product comes in limited shades. The SPF factor and sheer to light coverage would make this product good for a fast makeup look (e.g., going to the grocery store)

My skin tone is about Mac C3, or Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W0/2W1. I have this product in "Medium" which is dark for me. It has a more pink undertone than yellow so it wasn't a good match at all. The consistency of this product is very thick, making the product difficult to blend out. Using a low-quality or cheap powder (flour-y or not finely milled) with this CC cream could result in a very big cakey mess on your face. It felt like heavy cream sitting on top of my face instead of being "absorbed" in (not light weight at all). I can definitely feel like I am wearing something on my face. Some CC cream can be used alone or underneath a foundation (as it is a color corrector) but it would not be a good idea with this product just because of how thick it is.

I found the best method to apply this product is to use a brush or finger instead of a damp sponge. It smelled a little weird, though not a "bad" smell. I did not feel like it provided me any extra "moisture surge" or "hydration" like the product suggests.

The product did not work for me, and I didn't enjoy it. I would not purchase this again regardless of the price tag.

FYI: The shade names across the globe differs (USA vs. Asia).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I asked Clinique for a rec for my dry winter skin and surprisingly they said this product in light. It matches my NC 20 skin exactly. It is thick but I wear a moisturizing sunscreen under it and it blends easily. I still need a concealer but it diffuses red areas and dark hyperpigmentation well. And it doesn't emphasize flakes. Love the tube and that it has SPF 30. This is a winner.

on 12/21/2016 4:13:00 AM

I got some samples when I bought my 3-step kit and when I ran out of my regular Garnier BB Cream these came in handy. I was pleasantly surprised with this product even though the light medium shade wasn't the exact match for me (NC20) it really looked flawless! Didn't cake or feel uncomfortable after 5-6 hours and there were no creases in sight. Will definitely make this my HG CC/foundation for those casual-natural look days.

on 9/20/2016 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know about this CC Cream :| It's really thick and heavy feeling to me. It's a little hard to blend in with your fingers and get a smooth finish, especially if you are a little dry.

It has a nice finish with a bit of a glow, and it's great that it has SPF in it. The colour I had was the fairest I could choose from at my Shoppers Drug Mart, Light. It's a little dark for me, and a little yellow for me too!

After a full day of wearing I'm oily and the coverage will wear down a bit. Overall it's kind of meh to me. I like it when I'm in a rush but I know not to expect perfect skin.

on 9/7/2016 10:05:00 PM

I got this this on a splurge of the moment, and I cant say I'm dissapointed. For reference, i have combo skin leaning torwards dry in the fall/winter very oily in summer/spring. I got this because summer is coming to an end and I knew that my mattifying foundations would no longer have use. I stumbled upon this at a clinque and gave it a try. It was pricey for a cc cream $40 dollars I think. Normally I would NEVER spend that much money on something I hadnt at least looked up first. But anyways, the first time I tried it was after a shower so my skin was dry. I used my handy beautyblender to apply. I squeezed about two pea sized amount of product onto the back of my hand which was the perfect amount to cover my face. When applied it definetly feels hydrating, and water light too. This blended beautifully. However, I did find that it was harder to blend, but not impossible by any means, on some of my really bad dry spots. Though i did forget to moisturize...Either way, at the end of application, my skin tone was even with only a little redness peaking through. I had a nice dewy finish that didnt looke greasy at all. since it was going to be hot that day I set it with a mattifying powder. it held up great, even when my skin got really oily. This will definetly be great for the winter, when my skin is actually dry. But I am really impressed. There are nine shades, but anybody with really fair or really deep skin tones probably wont find a suitable color match. I would reccomend for anybody with dry to slightly oily skin. overall I am very pleased. One thing I did notice is that if you are the person who "dots" the product on their face then blends, which I am, then do it in parts like right cheek then forhead and so on otherwise the product sets a tiny bit making it hard to blend. Totally reccomend though. It held up on my oily skin and did well when my skin was dry too! Love this!

on 7/30/2016 5:58:00 AM

My skin is dry, with blemishes and acne. This product doesn't work well as coverage for the acne or the scars, but it gives my skin a good glowy touch and evens out my skin color. It matches my skin tone well and has a natural touch. After a few hours, it still does not make my skin oily. It's somewhat thick but, not sure whether it's because of my dry skin, I find it hard to blend the cream (I use fingers).

Although this is my "go-to" foundation-type layer, I do find the price a bit too high for the quality of product and amount of product. I like that this stays supple and soft, and very natural throughout the day, but I do not care for its sheen. I find that I have to apply powder frequently or my face looks quite shiny -- even if I apply the BB Cream over a primer. I will however continue to purchase this until I find something better, someday. I like that I can trust it (aside from the shiny aspect) to look pretty good for at least 8-12 hours. That says a lot!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Liking this CC cream. I am comparing it to my other CC by Marcelle which I also like.

This flat tube is far more travel friendly than Marcelle's big square acrylic bottle with a pump. It fits into the carry on liquid allowance easily so this will be my travel CC cream in place of Marcelle.

However it isn't quite as nice feeling as the Marcelle CC, it is a bit thicker in application and in feeling on the skin especially as time wears on. By the end of the day, this becomes a bit drying and feels heavy.

But the skin looks lovely and this maintains its' finish all day long.

I got it in Light Medium which worked out better than Marcelle's Light Medium which was a bit too dark. Neither oxidize during the day, but this is closer to my skin colour which is a NC15 to 20.

I put it on overtop my Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, and it went on fine. No pilling or balling up. Coverage is heavier than a BB, and about the same as the Marcelle CC, both being more foundation like than BB cream like.

The squeeze tube means you only use what you need for the coverage you need. it blends out easily, and sheers out fine. It does pool a bit in the pores as does the Marcelle but on me, almost EVERYTHING does that a bit, and this isn't too bad.

It wears all day long and I liked it.

I stopped using it when I bought a Lancome foundation I liked with a nicer finish but I will use this up on days I just want a CC, same as I will the Marcelle. After that, I will probably buy a tube of this for ease of travel but my main foundation is the Lancome Visionnaire.

UPDATED: No I won't rebuy this, simply because the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude stick cushion foundation is equally easy to travel with, and has a much better finish. I always apply any foundation or CC over sunscreen anyway, because I don't trust the coverage when you have to thin the product out to make it look skin like so I don't care if my stuff has sunscreen or not. I'm done using it, the feel of it by the end of the day is a bit heavy still. Good product though, still think it's worth a 4 star.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never used a BB or CC cream, but I decided to give this one a try, as my skin is fortunately clear and doesn't really need foundation--just a sheer wash to polish my look.

I love this cream because, as a woman with pale skin, it is rather difficult to find coloured skin creams that aren't too pink or too yellow. This one is amazing. It goes on very smoothly, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

The fact that it is oil-free, contains sunscreen, and has a faint yet pleasant scent (no "sunscreen odour") is a major selling point for me. This just may be my HG CC cream! I will most definitely purchase this one again.

on 1/2/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a very pasty-white girl with very cool undertones and I was looking for something that would even out my skin and slight acne scarring without the heft of a real foundation. I'd been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for a few months in the summer before I bought this and I loved it, but Retin-A makes my skin flaky in places so I wanted something more moisturizing. This has worked well - it does sometimes settle in flaky bits, but is movable enough that I can just layer more moisturizer over it and blend it in. Its consistency is easy to blend and I don't have to be as exact as I do with regular foundation because it's light and matches my skin tone perfectly, so I can be as lazy as I want (and am.) I would recommend having a good concealer to use alongside this - the coverage isn't nearly enough for under my eyes - but overall, if I set it with loose powder, it stays in place and looks good most of the day.