CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.3

on 2/28/2015 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Received this product in a gift pack. I have had zero luck with BB and CC creams as I am fair, combo skin type with mild rosacea. I LOVE this product!! Great for winter months when I have dry patches. Very natural-looking.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to CC cream on the weekend days or weekdays I don't feel putting on foundtation. It's incredibly moisturizing and gives a nice glow to my skin. It doesn't give heavy coverage but my face looks much more even with it on. I have the light for colder months and light-medium for late spring and summer.

on 7/2/2013 12:19:00 AM

I have been looking for a good base product for a long time. I have tried quite a few different foundations and BB creams and been disappointed, even by the ones that are well loved by many other people. I was waiting for this to be available in Canada- it seemed to take a long time and I bought it as soon as I saw it on the shelves. For the summer time I love having an SPF in my moisturizer for sure and my base product too, if possible. With this I do sometimes skip moisturizer so it's great that it has a bit of SPF in it (although I'm sure you'd really have to slather it on and reapply it to maintain a good level of sun protection). It is a little tricky to blend, you have to work quickly. I just do small-ish sections of my face at a time and I really make sure that I blend well around my lips, eyes, eyebrows and hairline. If I don't it can look a little dry and cakey in those areas. I really don't get very shiny or oily, even if I don't powder which is great because I like to just slap this on and go. I think it's the perfect base for me because it evens everything out, makes my skin look fresh and bright, and it doesn't totally cover me up or make me look fake. It's probably the most natural looking foundation-type product that I've tried. It's pricey at over $40 Canadian but there is a little more product in the tube- 40 mL rather than the usual 30.

on 6/15/2013 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am an NC15 in Mac (very fair with neutral undertones) and the shade "Very Light" in the Clinique CC cream is PERFECT for me. I read about this product on my favourite beauty blogs, and I held out buying the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in "Porcelain" (which I found to be just meh from trying samples) and waited and waited for the Clinique CC cream to arrive in Canada. This product was a month late hitting the shelves here, but I finally got my hands on it and wow, it was absolutely worth the wait. It smells like sunscreen, which I love, and the SPF of 30 is wonderful as I already use Clarin's face sunscreen which has an SPF of 40. The coverage of the CC cream is so neat..I have some redness in my cheeks, chin and nose and just a light amount of this product buffed into my skin with my Real Techniques buffing brush really does the trick!! It's quite dewy so I dust a bit of my Rimmel matte powder over it to set it after adding some concealer where I need it. This lasts all day, and it covers the redness extremely well. What a cool product! I will re-buy this always, and I like it better than any tinted moisturizer or BB cream that I have tried (Dior BB, Clinique BB, Mac BB, Laura Mercier TM, Nars TM, Sephora CC, etc etc). This is miraculous!

UPDATE: I ended up returning this *sigh*, I love it, but it just felt too thick for what I am used to, even though I have fairly small pores, the CC cream seemed to sit in them and didn't spread very easily. It just felt too heavy for me, especially for the summer. I went and bought the Dior BB cream even though the colour match wasn't as good (Dior's is more pinkish). It's a thinner consistency and still gives ok coverage and it seems to last just as well as Clinique's CC cream. I'm so sad, I wanted to love this CC cream so badly and I wanted it to be the answer to my skin base prayers! :(

on 6/13/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my new HG product!!

I have been raving about it ever since my first application. I have it in light and also light/med - botth of which are too dark for my skin. I'm not one to ever go darker with foundations and the like but with CC it actually blends beautifully and gives me a holiday glow. I've tried the very light and it matches me perfectly but is too pale for summer. Also tried the peach which isn't available at all counters and that's my best match so far and will be my next purchase :)

It corrects, protects and perfects! SPF 30 is awesome, part of the moisture surge range so is hydrating, oil free so great for my skin type, and has optic technology where it bounces the light giving a very natural and radiant look to the skin.

When my skin is behaving I use it on it's on. When it's blemished I use it as a base under my doublewear or whatever foundation I'm in the mood for.

Buy this you won't regret it!!

on 6/3/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. My skin is somewhat oily, especially in the T-zone, with red patches and some acne/scars. It completely smooths all that out, yet is not as thick and is definitely not "cakey" like the foundation I was using.

Ever since I got this product, I have been getting compliments like, "Your skin is glowing," "I can't tell that you ever had acne," "Your skin looks beautiful," etc.

It seems to stay on all day, although if I touch or rub my face during the day, I find it helpful to reapply the CC cream midday.

I have been using it only a few weeks, so I can't tell how long the package will last. All I know is that I need very little to cover my whole face. Because I don't need to use foundation on top of the CC cream, this product makes getting ready in the morning so much faster!

I will definitely be buying this again, and have been recommending it to everyone!

on 5/12/2013 9:13:00 AM

review this for my sister in-law . She has dry skin. The CC cream give her a dewy look that she like. She also like that it gives her a sheer coverage. Great for dry skin. It come in 6 shades. it cost $35 dollars at Macy.

on 4/22/2013 8:27:00 PM

I've only worn this for the past few days, so once I "road test" it a little longer, I may change this review. After seeing the ads, I felt like I needed to try this. I've been happy with my LM TM, but I'm not loyal to foundations and always want to see if there's something better out there.

My first take: it looked kinda pale on me at first. I'm an NW15, so I was really torn between the Light and Very Light, and I went with the Very Light. After a few minutes, it looked natural. After a few hours, I looked in the mirror while I was washing my hands and thought, "My skin looks really good today!" completely forgetting that I had used this.

The coverage is lighter than the BB creams I've tried and comparable to LM TM. It's really more of a TM than a BB cream. It does even out my skin. I wouldn't count on the SPF for your sun protection--I put it on pretty liberally this morning and (after spending the day at the zoo), do see that I got a little sun. If you want more coverage, you'll need a "real" foundation over this, and if you (like me) are on the fair side, you'll want a true sunscreen.

So far I really like this. While I don't think it's necessarily a new HG, it's nice enough that I'm thinking twice about rebuying LM TM.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't personally own this product (I used my sister in law's a couple times), but I'm willing to purchase one for myself.
At first, it feels rather heavy because I expect BB/CC creams to be lighter than foundation. After application, it turns out smooth and lighter than I thought - the way CC creams I think should be. You can apply it with brush, sponge, or bare fingers, but I find fingers to be the best applicator because it 'melts' down the thickness a little. It also stays on for about 5 hours in humid places like Indonesia, and required only a little touch up. A dollop of product will go a long way, especially if your skin is relatively blemish-free.

on 5/23/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been looking for the perfect cc or bb cream for a while - i wanted something i could wear on holiday that gives me coverage, but isn't too heavy and doesn't melt as soon as you go in the sun! I've used a few bb creams and found them all too heavy and orange but this cream is near perfect for me - i am very pale and foundations tend to go crusty on my skin, but this cc cream didn't! I use it after i wash and tone, like i would a foundation and find it gives me coverage, without looking like i've got a full face of liquid foundation on! I apply a light bit of powder, too, and love the look it gives! I really recommend it for anyone pale (i use the lightest colour and it isnt orange at all) or for anyone who likes a bit of coverage whilst on holiday as it doesn't melt and stays on all day.