CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 11/14/2018 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this cc cream. I was using Peter Thomas CC cream till they changed it. Decided to try Clinique again. I tried several foundations before trying the CC cream. Coverage is great. Makes my skin look fresh, not caked at all. Seemed to last through the day. I was surprised it cost so much more than foundation but I really like the look.
Able to wear with or without primer. I was a little concerned it might be to oily for my skin but it was fine.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My skin: Very sensitive/very oily T-zone/blemish prone/dehydrated/fair tone. I'm 37 and have been struggling with blemishes and allergic bumps due to a poor reaction to new products. I've been endlessly looking for a good bb/cc cream that 1.Doesn't contain oils or silicones, mainly Dimethicone, (which causes me to breakout) 2.Contains an SPF of 30 or higher, preferably physical as opposed to chemical sunscreen and 3.Helps control the oil on my nose and forehead during the day and finally 4.Doesn't cause me to break out. This fit the bill. It's one of the ONLY oil-free/silicone-free products that I could find. I have tried so many tinted moisturizers, bb and cc's I ALMOST gave up my search- when I noticed this met all my requirements!
The results of using this for a couple weeks and how I successfully apply it:
It is definitely hard to spread if you're not quick, as it dries fast. However, I put a couple drops of my moisturizing liquid- Liquid Recovery from First Aid Beauty in it, and warm it on my fingers by swirling it, and then quickly apply it in sections- forehead and nose, cheeks, chin. Then, I rub my hands together and press my warm hands over each area of my face to set this product into my skin, and gently do this over my jawline to smooth any potential streaks. At first, it's not that impressive, but as the day goes on it looks amazing.
Since using this, my blemishes have almost ALL gone away, and my skin looks and feels better every day. When I have this on, my skin looks flawless -I mean really beautiful- it hides what blemishes I have left, covers redness and scarring, and I'm glowing and radiant, but not shiny. I only blot once a day as opposed to several times a day which is such a relief! If you are willing to deal with the slight challenge of applying this, the results really outweigh the negative aspect. The cream offers about a medium-coverage, has a thicker texture but not greasy, and there are many tones and shades to choose from which is great! I love this CC cream, how it makes me look during the day, and how it helps me feel about my skin and appearance, and will probably never switch again!!

on 4/29/2017 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I went to Belk to purchase my usual Clinique powder and the makeup consultant gave me a sample of this free. The sample came in a pretty generous size able to be used a few times for full application. The consultant matched me to the color "light medium". Whenever I first tried this on I noticed RIGHT AWAY that the color match was AWFULLY WRONG! This was darker than what I would have thought light medium would have looked like. So naturally I didn't like it because, well, the color was way off! Fast forward a couple months and I have been getting in the tanning bed. Since my skin was shades darker I decided to try this product again and see if I could make it work. It absolutely did! The color was PERFECT now and matched me exactly. I was excited! It blurred my imperfections, didn't dry my skin out, looked so natural, and matched my skin perfectly! It definitely has buildable coverage as well and a little bit can go a long way... It has a dewy finish by itself so I put on a powder over it and perfect! I will note however, that if you have oily skin like me (in my t-zone particularly) you may have to add more powder for a touch up to keep the look mattified... No big deal and takes only a few seconds. All in all, I definitely think this is worth trying out... See if you can get a sample and give it a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I asked Clinique for a rec for my dry winter skin and surprisingly they said this product in light. It matches my NC 20 skin exactly. It is thick but I wear a moisturizing sunscreen under it and it blends easily. I still need a concealer but it diffuses red areas and dark hyperpigmentation well. And it doesn't emphasize flakes. Love the tube and that it has SPF 30. This is a winner.

on 12/21/2016 4:13:00 AM

I got some samples when I bought my 3-step kit and when I ran out of my regular Garnier BB Cream these came in handy. I was pleasantly surprised with this product even though the light medium shade wasn't the exact match for me (NC20) it really looked flawless! Didn't cake or feel uncomfortable after 5-6 hours and there were no creases in sight. Will definitely make this my HG CC/foundation for those casual-natural look days.

on 9/10/2016 8:43:00 PM

loving it. apply easily. look very natural. No need foundation anymore. light coverage only. suits my skin perfectly and the hot temperature of where I live.

on 7/10/2016 1:15:00 PM

I am in love with this product. I recently had a horrible eczema breakout on my face. I had been using Bare Minerals serum foundation in the winter and Bare Minerals complexion rescue for warmer months. I never got quite enough coverage w the complexion rescue but it was nice for days when I was off work and didn't need long term coverage. Anyway...after my eczema break out, my doc put me on a Cerave only regime and my skin would just not even deal w the Bare Minerals any more. I then tried 6, yes 6, different bb, cc and regular foundations. Stila All Day Wear was very nice, but a little too matte for my taste. On a whim I tried the Clinique CC and holy crap, it is perfect for my Dry, Combination skin! It is good coverage (I use my finger tips to apply and beauty sponge a little extra around nose and under eyes) and has a perfect dewy look that lasts all day without getting too shiny or slick looking. I do use Lorac's "I'm so Sensative" primer and some setting powder on T-zone. I highly recommend this product....I have not had one issue w it irritating my eczema...it has actually made my skin plumper and more even toned. It doesn't settle in creases either...which may be I use a primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never used a BB or CC cream, but I decided to give this one a try, as my skin is fortunately clear and doesn't really need foundation--just a sheer wash to polish my look.

I love this cream because, as a woman with pale skin, it is rather difficult to find coloured skin creams that aren't too pink or too yellow. This one is amazing. It goes on very smoothly, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

The fact that it is oil-free, contains sunscreen, and has a faint yet pleasant scent (no "sunscreen odour") is a major selling point for me. This just may be my HG CC cream! I will most definitely purchase this one again.

on 12/3/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a woman with sensitive skin, this product was my perfect daily substitute for foundation. The formula is thicker than a typical CC cream, yet not as heavy as other liquidations. There is a tad shine to the product, so I would suggest using a powder on top as well just counter the effect. The price is a tad steep, but well worth the amount for the SPF and overall natural coverage. I would certainly buy again.

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.