CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.3

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

Didn't like this product. Have combination oily skin and it just made my face look even oiler. Have now come to the conclusion that I need a foundation or bb cream that is matte, not dewy or luminous as in my experience, they just don't work on oily skins. Trying to give myself a "glow" is just not working!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Don't use this if you've got oily skin. I was really disappointed with this as I thought I'd finally found the answer to my shiny face. I loved how it went on smoothly and easily and left no patches at all, plus it felt really nice on my skin giving a natural looking coverage. After around an hour however, I looked in the mirror to see my face was really greasy looking and oily, plus it looked like the cream had just disappeared into my face. I tried for a few days experimenting with different primers underneath, and also using pressed powder but nothing helped. I live in Scotland and it's not particularly warm here at the moment, so the result I got wasn't due to sweating or hot weather. I think it would be fine if you had normal skin perhaps, but it certainly didn't work for me. My face without any make up on isn't ever as oily as it was with this.

I still don't get CC creams. I got a generous sample of Light shade from a helpful Clinique SA. I have been using La Roche Posay Uvidea BB cream and quite like it. Since CC creams offer more coverage, I decided to try it. The Clinique CC cream is thicker and harder to apply than the LRP BB cream and Dior Nude foundation. I applied it over the moisture surge extended relief gel moisturiser. It takes ages to blend using my fingers and there were still splotches. I had to use a sponge to blend it out. If I have to go to the trouble of using tools other than my fingers, I might as well use my foundation which gives a better finish and the shade fits me way better than this CC cream. It made my face shiny (too much dewiness) and I needed to use powder to tone it down. When I sweat, it can slide off my face as well. The colour is too pink for my yellow Asian skin tone. Again, why bother? I gave 3 stars because it does even the skin tone IF the shade matches and it did last quite a while on the face.

on 7/24/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this and returned it within a week. It's very hard to bend, never got a good application with it and you had to use a lot of product to cover your face. The colors were off too, too pink fort skin tone even though it was my shade. Felt it just sat on too of my face instead of absorbing. I gave it two stars because the packaging is nice. It's also pretty pricey.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this product as a sample at Sephora to compare with the Smashbox CC Cream and honestly the two don't even compare. I HATED this CC Cream. I usually like a bit of a luminous finish but this took it to a whole new level I literally looked fake like I rubbed shimmer oil all over my face. It didn't offer the kind of coverage I was looking for either. All in all I would NOT recommend this CC Cream.

It's quite an okay product for what it is. The coverage is quite decent and the dewy effect is nice. It's great that it provides protection of SPF30. Yet that part has a downside: I feel like the product doesn't sit well on the skin, and gradually slides off. The cream is "eaten up" quite a lot by the end of the day. The colour match is not great either. Light/medium which is supposedly good match for my NC20/25 skin is quite alright in terms of color intensity but the shade is off. It has this pinky-greyish hue which many of CC creams have, and I do not find it flattering at all. I'd say the product is 3.5/5 for me.

on 8/25/2015 3:51:00 AM

I got a sample of this in the medium shade, which is way too dark for my skin tone. I gave it away to someone with a darker skin tone and taught them how to use it. This product is light to medium weight, not too heavy or cakey. The shade itself is very orange though, and requires quite a bit of blending. This is lightly fragranced, but it does not bother me too much. Overall, this was just an okay cc cream, comparable to drugstore brands, and not really worth the price tag.