Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 9/8/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this CC cream so much. I saw so many great reviews of it on youtube that I decided myself and went to pick it up. I use almost all of the Clinique's "moisture surge" products and I love them, none of them has ever let me down. But with this CC cream... goooosh!! I've been having a terrible time with my skin lately, but this makes everything worse. It clings to my dry patches, almost no coverage, smells like cheap SPF (which I hate), tacky, wears off, my eyes burn so much (and I don't even apply it around my eyes), and I could almost swear and makes my faces super pink after some hours of wear. At least it hasn't broken my skin, yet. There are better drugstore BBs and CCs. I promise I gave this cream 5 chances in different days and always get the same outcome. I highly recommend you test this with the Clinique's staff and wear ir throughout the day before you purchase it and see how it behaves in your skin.

on 8/8/2017 12:16:00 PM

I have combination oily skin and spend my days in an AC controlled indoor environment. This product comes in limited shades. The SPF factor and sheer to light coverage would make this product good for a fast makeup look (e.g., going to the grocery store)

My skin tone is about Mac C3, or Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W0/2W1. I have this product in "Medium" which is dark for me. It has a more pink undertone than yellow so it wasn't a good match at all. The consistency of this product is very thick, making the product difficult to blend out. Using a low-quality or cheap powder (flour-y or not finely milled) with this CC cream could result in a very big cakey mess on your face. It felt like heavy cream sitting on top of my face instead of being "absorbed" in (not light weight at all). I can definitely feel like I am wearing something on my face. Some CC cream can be used alone or underneath a foundation (as it is a color corrector) but it would not be a good idea with this product just because of how thick it is.

I found the best method to apply this product is to use a brush or finger instead of a damp sponge. It smelled a little weird, though not a "bad" smell. I did not feel like it provided me any extra "moisture surge" or "hydration" like the product suggests.

The product did not work for me, and I didn't enjoy it. I would not purchase this again regardless of the price tag.

FYI: The shade names across the globe differs (USA vs. Asia).

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.

on 4/29/2015 5:42:00 AM

This cream can't be blend. what a shame despite a very good ingredients listed. It has a poor coverage and basically does nothing to your face rather than being a tacky sunscreen. Clinique once again has to consider changing its name, it doesnt do color correcting hence named cc cream, well to sum up it basically just an overprice sunscreen with zero coverage.

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

on 2/20/2015 8:05:00 PM

I bought this CC cream on an impulse :(. I don't know where to start, but i don't fInd any PROS, so let's talk about the CONS:
BLENDABILITY: First I applied it in all the ways possible (fingers,brush,beauty blender) and the result is the same: Hard to blend.
COLOR: The color Light Medium is horrible! it doesn't match my skintone, this cc cream looks way too dark and unnatural on my NC25, it seems that this have a lot of pink pigments on it which makes me look like i'm wearing a mask lol.
TEXTURE: Awful! it feels very greasy and thick, I prefer CC creams that have a light texture, this foundation doesn't work for me at all! I don't recommend this to anyone...

Also, I forgot to mention that this CC cream smells like rotten eggs.

on 12/19/2014 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I had a generous sample in light medium. I really wanted to like it but this is another BB/CC that reinforces my dislike for these creams. What I liked: gives a nice glow to your skin. Layered with a light dusting of loose powder like Nars Light Reflecting or Hourglass Ambient Lighting, gives an almost unreal/ethereal quality. High SPF. What I didn't like: gloopy and thick, I hated applying the product as I much prefer a fluid texture. This just reminds me of old fashioned sunblock. Had to rely on a Beauty Blender to blend it in. Even after it's settled in, I could feel it sitting on my skin and my skin just didn't feel nice to touch. Another reason, a few times I was caught out in humid weather and this cream seemed to have migrated and was stinging my eyes, very similar to like when sunscreen seeps into your eyes when you're sweating. Ugh. I want to enjoy putting on my skincare or makeup so needless to say I won't be buying this. I'll stick to my Nars TM for my 'no-foundation but still want some coverage' days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

on 7/10/2014 7:22:00 PM

Horrible! Very hard to blend, the consistency is very thick! I have acne scars and It sits into them and make them visible ever than before!! So patchy!!! I try this 3-4 times and want to love this, but I can not!! Waste 45AUD...

on 5/6/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too thick, did not spread well nor blend in. Gave a very "made up" look. I washed it off right away and threw out the tube. Fortunately I had received it as a free sample.