Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I wasn't sure about buying this after reading many less-than-enthusiastic reviews. Of course I read the reviews AFTER buying. I love it. Normally during the day I only wear lots of sunscreen but lately I've been wanting a bit of foundation too. As we know, even foundations with sunscreen require heavy application and many times my foundations don't work over my sunscreen. I chose light and it works perfectly for my skin color. It spreads smoothly and I apply it as I would over my usual sunscreen. My skin is older, a bit dryer so I am loving this stuff. It evens out my skin and covers small red or brown spots enough and I don't look made-up. I find that it is easy to blend. I always apply it over my regular sunscreen. I only apply it on my cheeks, nose and chin, and lightly. makes my skin perfect and I have extra sun protection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I asked Clinique for a rec for my dry winter skin and surprisingly they said this product in light. It matches my NC 20 skin exactly. It is thick but I wear a moisturizing sunscreen under it and it blends easily. I still need a concealer but it diffuses red areas and dark hyperpigmentation well. And it doesn't emphasize flakes. Love the tube and that it has SPF 30. This is a winner.

I so wanted to like this product. I have been wearing Clinique City Block but wanted to try this as so many have written positive about it. The cosmetic sales girl selected Medium Light for my complexion, but when I put it on it seems so mask like. It sits on top of my skin, rubs off on Kleenex, looks pasty. I don't understand how reviewers can say it makes your skin dewy. I have tried putting liss on, more on, I am sorry to say I just do not like this product at all.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Liking this CC cream. I am comparing it to my other CC by Marcelle which I also like.

This flat tube is far more travel friendly than Marcelle's big square acrylic bottle with a pump. It fits into the carry on liquid allowance easily so this will be my travel CC cream in place of Marcelle.

However it isn't quite as nice feeling as the Marcelle CC, it is a bit thicker in application and in feeling on the skin especially as time wears on. By the end of the day, this becomes a bit drying and feels heavy.

But the skin looks lovely and this maintains its' finish all day long.

I got it in Light Medium which worked out better than Marcelle's Light Medium which was a bit too dark. Neither oxidize during the day, but this is closer to my skin colour which is a NC15 to 20.

I put it on overtop my Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, and it went on fine. No pilling or balling up. Coverage is heavier than a BB, and about the same as the Marcelle CC, both being more foundation like than BB cream like.

The squeeze tube means you only use what you need for the coverage you need. it blends out easily, and sheers out fine. It does pool a bit in the pores as does the Marcelle but on me, almost EVERYTHING does that a bit, and this isn't too bad.

It wears all day long and I liked it.

I stopped using it when I bought a Lancome foundation I liked with a nicer finish but I will use this up on days I just want a CC, same as I will the Marcelle. After that, I will probably buy a tube of this for ease of travel but my main foundation is the Lancome Visionnaire.

UPDATED: No I won't rebuy this, simply because the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude stick cushion foundation is equally easy to travel with, and has a much better finish. I always apply any foundation or CC over sunscreen anyway, because I don't trust the coverage when you have to thin the product out to make it look skin like so I don't care if my stuff has sunscreen or not. I'm done using it, the feel of it by the end of the day is a bit heavy still. Good product though, still think it's worth a 4 star.

on 5/6/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too thick, did not spread well nor blend in. Gave a very "made up" look. I washed it off right away and threw out the tube. Fortunately I had received it as a free sample.

on 7/24/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am not wild about this product. I bought light/medium because it's summer and it is really a medium, too dark for me. I would go a shade lighter. The consistency is not smooth you really have to work to blend it.

on 7/2/2013 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this. The second lightest is a good color match and better than some of Clinique's other foundation color choices. Usually, I go for the lightest color, but in this case it was too light, which shows there are a lot of choices. It's a little dark for winter though, for me. Loved it all summer. What I love is that it does not turn pink or orange or fade. Nor does it look caky as the day wears on, because it is dewy. It comes out of the tube very thick. The coverage is medium. You wouldn't want to apply it too thick, so you might want a to use some SPF underneath, though it has 30 spf. This does't have oil, but oilier types might prefer the BB. .The CC wears well on dry skin.

I have a fair amount of red on my nose and near it and it doesn't cover that, as advertised, but it's illuminating and diffuses the redness a bit. It's not meant to be heavy coverage, but better than you might expect and better than a tinted moisturizer. But it feels lighter a bit weird. .i have not tried other CCs, but it is heavier than any BB. A little goes a long way. Dab on the your hand and rub it with your finger and it will warm up and spread easier. Best to apply with fingers. If you don't warm it up first it is a chore to spread. It can look gloppy and thick.

Down side: It's expensive, though you get a lot and it should last a while. It's a bit of a job to apply. Takes a while for the color to set, so it's hard to test in the store. Get a sample or wait a few minutes. Does blend well though, so no disasters, but the palest is quite pale.

Update: My skin was getting less dry, so I switched to the BB. I like that too a lot better. That has more powdery, matte finish, but doesn't cake like actual powder does on me. Spreads easier too. This comes in more shades.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Very rich, rather thick, but looks good on my skin.

on 2/9/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A really nice all-in-one skincare product that is easy to apply and stays on without a mask-like look. I'd repurchase but the color selection is limited and in the cold weather the lightest color is too pasty on my complexion and the next lightest color is too dark. Given the price tag, I'm not willing to buy two different colors and mix them together. There are other products out there that match my complexion for the same price or less

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I really liked this product. It gives light coverage without making my skin feel sticky. It stays on all day and looks natural. I use the product alone - no foundation or sunscreen extras. After I apply it, I wipe my face with a makeup sponge to set it. Will definitely keep using it.