CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.8

on 6/16/2013 5:07:00 AM

Haven't written a review in a long time, but I feel like this product most definitely deserves one.
I recently went through a really rough acne breakout and my skin has been sensitized all over my body! Through oral antibiotics and Ziana gel, It's getting much better and all I have left now is some icepick scarring on my cheeks. I have to be really careful of what I put on my face now because I'm still easily prone to breakouts from the wrong products. My skin type I would say is a little dry from my cheeks down and oily on my nose and forehead, and when I wear makeup I'd like it to look like my actual face, NOT like a mask. I have a lot of redness in my face, and let me tell you this does a FANTASTIC job of covering it up! It gives me a very natural finish with a bit of a glow to it that makes me look very healthy and bright! It covers up my scarring oh-kay, but nothing is really going to hide that completely. If I want a more full coverage I can apply one layer, wait for that to dry, and then apply a second and it STILL looks so beautifully natural. I can even wear this while on vacation in Florida, where it is humid 24/7 and it stays on perfectly all day until I wash it off! I am so so SO impressed with this product and I'm more of an Estee Lauder brat than I was ever a fan of Clinique, but this right here has won my heart.

favourite tinted cream; it claims to correct the base more than cover it, and does so beautifully. the texture is much lighter than i expected and feels close to air when applied - it absorbs that fast. the finish is even and silky - slightly dewy but easily fixable with powder and/or blotting paper. natural and natural fair are close matches to my NC30 skin, but the natural fair is more suited to those with a pinker base, as the natural looks a little cakey due to its yellow tinge. the price is reasonable for how much product is in the small tube and when it comes to skin, you don't want to skimp anyway.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My skin: Very sensitive/very oily T-zone/blemish prone/dehydrated/fair tone. I'm 37 and have been struggling with blemishes and allergic bumps due to a poor reaction to new products. I've been endlessly looking for a good bb/cc cream that 1.Doesn't contain oils or silicones, mainly Dimethicone, (which causes me to breakout) 2.Contains an SPF of 30 or higher, preferably physical as opposed to chemical sunscreen and 3.Helps control the oil on my nose and forehead during the day and finally 4.Doesn't cause me to break out. This fit the bill. It's one of the ONLY oil-free/silicone-free products that I could find. I have tried so many tinted moisturizers, bb and cc's I ALMOST gave up my search- when I noticed this met all my requirements!
The results of using this for a couple weeks and how I successfully apply it:
It is definitely hard to spread if you're not quick, as it dries fast. However, I put a couple drops of my moisturizing liquid- Liquid Recovery from First Aid Beauty in it, and warm it on my fingers by swirling it, and then quickly apply it in sections- forehead and nose, cheeks, chin. Then, I rub my hands together and press my warm hands over each area of my face to set this product into my skin, and gently do this over my jawline to smooth any potential streaks. At first, it's not that impressive, but as the day goes on it looks amazing.
Since using this, my blemishes have almost ALL gone away, and my skin looks and feels better every day. When I have this on, my skin looks flawless -I mean really beautiful- it hides what blemishes I have left, covers redness and scarring, and I'm glowing and radiant, but not shiny. I only blot once a day as opposed to several times a day which is such a relief! If you are willing to deal with the slight challenge of applying this, the results really outweigh the negative aspect. The cream offers about a medium-coverage, has a thicker texture but not greasy, and there are many tones and shades to choose from which is great! I love this CC cream, how it makes me look during the day, and how it helps me feel about my skin and appearance, and will probably never switch again!!

on 9/7/2016 10:05:00 PM

I got this this on a splurge of the moment, and I cant say I'm dissapointed. For reference, i have combo skin leaning torwards dry in the fall/winter very oily in summer/spring. I got this because summer is coming to an end and I knew that my mattifying foundations would no longer have use. I stumbled upon this at a clinque and gave it a try. It was pricey for a cc cream $40 dollars I think. Normally I would NEVER spend that much money on something I hadnt at least looked up first. But anyways, the first time I tried it was after a shower so my skin was dry. I used my handy beautyblender to apply. I squeezed about two pea sized amount of product onto the back of my hand which was the perfect amount to cover my face. When applied it definetly feels hydrating, and water light too. This blended beautifully. However, I did find that it was harder to blend, but not impossible by any means, on some of my really bad dry spots. Though i did forget to moisturize...Either way, at the end of application, my skin tone was even with only a little redness peaking through. I had a nice dewy finish that didnt looke greasy at all. since it was going to be hot that day I set it with a mattifying powder. it held up great, even when my skin got really oily. This will definetly be great for the winter, when my skin is actually dry. But I am really impressed. There are nine shades, but anybody with really fair or really deep skin tones probably wont find a suitable color match. I would reccomend for anybody with dry to slightly oily skin. overall I am very pleased. One thing I did notice is that if you are the person who "dots" the product on their face then blends, which I am, then do it in parts like right cheek then forhead and so on otherwise the product sets a tiny bit making it hard to blend. Totally reccomend though. It held up on my oily skin and did well when my skin was dry too! Love this!

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.

on 1/30/2015 5:18:00 PM

I received this in the travel size as a free item and I never really intended to use it since BB and CC creams tend to be low coverage and greasy formulas. I used this one day when I was in a rush and and it surprisingly gave more coverage than I expected. It was also moisturizing and not greasy or shiny. It didn't even need setting powder! Very satisfied.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

This is the only CC cream I have found to work with my skin. I have oily/combination skin, so it's hard to find a product that doesn't make oily areas more oily and dry areas more dry, but this one works beautifully. I got it in the summer, so it's a little dark now, but I can mix it with a lighter shade foundation to get a nice light-medium coverage. Anyway, this is a lot different than a regular foundation in the sense that it doesn't make your skin look flawless, but it evens everything out and cancels a lot of redness out, along with being an SPF 30 moisturizer. It's perfect for days when you want a really natural look, or for anyone that has clear skin but wants a little extra coverage. It kind of lumps several products into one, so it's great for mornings when you're in a rush too. With all of that being said, though, my skin does start to look oily midday, but it's nothing that blotting papers or powder can't fix. Overall, this is the single best CC cream/face product in general that I have found yet.

on 3/29/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this product in the shade medium and I think its alright. I have dark Indian skin and it works quite well but I find the price a bit much for the product. But it does last for a long time. I've had mine for a good 5 months and it's still not empty.

The packaging is nice and simple nothing to fancy. Also it does not appear thick on your skin and gives a natural glow. It IS a bit too dewy for me so I just use some matte powder.
It does require a good amount of blending though or it looks whitish.

on 7/24/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i have extremely dry skin from acne products and medication so moisture surge is exactly what i need. this product is great for me because it light to medium coverage and doesnt look cakey when u apply a little extra on trouble areas. its also great because you can use it as a primer. but also it isnt great for sports because you can sweat it off pretty easily and also it does not last very long without primer and powder i like this a lot because it doesnt have a weird smell or texture and one bottle last quite a while