Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 4/3/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Clinique's Superbalanced foundation is my everyday foundation, but it doesn't last all day and needs several touch ups. I wanted something I could easily wear on days that I don't get home for 10 hours.

I ordered medium deep, which matches my skin well. In cooler weather, I need a thin layer of moisturizer under this. In the summer, I can skip the additional moisturizer. I apply this with my fingers and blend. I dust powder over top and it lasts all day with blotting once.

Pros: oil-free, color matches, SPF 30, light coverage that looks natural, lasts 8+ hrs. (with blotting), looks good in photos, not cakey, doesn't break out my skin

Cons: does feel tacky at first, does need powder to cut down the shine on my oily skin

**Edit: I love this for the summer! I wash my face, apply this, add powder, and finish with a little blush. Very easy to wear.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

For reference I'm NC40 and wear the MediumDeep shade of this product. Straight out of the tube, these colors run d-a-r-k but once applied they sheer out very nicely and are quite forgiving. To be fair, I've only worn it one day so I don't want to jump the gun and remark about performance. I know many women have been waiting to try this and are questioning what shade to get so I wanted to rush post a preliminary review which I will update when I have a better feel for how it holds up.
Stay Tuned!
UPDATE: 4/19/13 - I've worn this CC cream several times over the past week and gotta say that I love it. The color match is really pretty good - maybe a super teensy smidge dark but the shade lighter than this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too light so this is the correct shade for me. This CC cream looks natural, holds up beautifully and I get a full 10+ hours wear without any noticeable fading or oxidation (though to be fair, my skin is on the dry side so I can't speak to how this will be for oily/oilier skin types). I also love Bobbi Brown's BB cream just as much (see separate review) and don't know if the benefits of one outweigh the other. This is a solid performer!!

on 4/20/2013 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I just bought this in the color Light and I love it. It provides more coverage than BB creams and is definitely more hydrating without being greasy. It is also much easier to apply than most BB creams, which tend to be on the dry side and more suitable for younger skin. I generally don't buy Clinique products but I'm happy I decided to give this a try. Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/21/2013 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Today was only my first day of trying this product, but there is no doubt I'm hooked. Due to the fact that my skin requires full coverage, thanks to cystic acne, I had yet to try a product like this. BB creams are simply too sheer for me. I have been waiting for the arrival of CC creams and was surprised to see this at the Clinique counter yesterday. After expressing my interest and purchasing what I came for, the consultant offered a take home sample. I couldn't wait to tr it. After applying my usual SPF moisturizer, I used a foundation brush to stipple, build and layer the cream. I of course focused first on problem areas I.e. acne, dark spots and scarring, and then blended the excess lightly over my nose, forehead and cheeks. The results were amazing; I couldn't believe the amount of coverage combined with such a natural look and FEEL. I followed by highlighting and contouring, as usual, with a fair concealer, bronzer, and translucent powder. Coming from someone who uses full coverage on the daily, this product is worth a shot. I do feel like the application is extra important here if you want lots of coverage. Invest in a good foundation brush and make sure to stipple and layer. Highlight with a lighter shade, full coverage concealer, incorporate some nice contouring and use a translucent powder. Love this stuff!

on 4/21/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I've held off in writing how much I love this product for a whole week, I just kept thinking this must be too good to be true!

First off my shade (fresh peach) is an exact match for my skin tone - normally i have an absolute headache trying to find the right shade and end up using a touch of bronzer to darken slightly or buying two foundations and having a good mix daily. This is a perfect my skin but better.

It feels light on my skin and hydrates throughout the day. My skin gets dry by the afternoon and begins to look dull - this just glosses right over than mid afternoon skin slump, without making my face look like I have dipped my face in a vat of oil. I knocked one mark off as I do have to use a tiny amount of translucent powder to set as it does take a little while to set itself.

It offers great buildable coverage. Not enough to cover some of my worst acne scars but it really evens out my face - add a wee spot of concealer (BB concealer kit) here and there and my skin looks flawless.

Add all the above to the fact that it has SPF 30 hidden away inside and I'm a very happy girl. Will definitely be repurchasing!

on 4/22/2013 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The problem for me with this product is that its supposed to be an all in one, but in trying to do so much stuff it doesn't quite manage to do any of the things it promises. I'm pretty fair with freckles and wanted something to even out my skin tone/cover some redness. It says its moisturizing but my skin is on the dryer side so I definitely needed moisturizer underneath. It also says it has sunscreen, but if you apply too much is gets really caky, so I had to wear sunscreen under it also. As far as its concealing properties, I actually really like it for under my eyes and my cheek bones, where one might want some illumination, but instead of cover my redness on my nose and cheeks, it just puts some light shimmer over it- not pretty. After all that, it would never seem to sink in, leaving my skin feeling greasy and tacky regardless of whether I applied it with a sponge, my fingers or a brush. Definitely returning, this just isn't quite the product for me I guess.

on 4/22/2013 8:27:00 PM

I've only worn this for the past few days, so once I "road test" it a little longer, I may change this review. After seeing the ads, I felt like I needed to try this. I've been happy with my LM TM, but I'm not loyal to foundations and always want to see if there's something better out there.

My first take: it looked kinda pale on me at first. I'm an NW15, so I was really torn between the Light and Very Light, and I went with the Very Light. After a few minutes, it looked natural. After a few hours, I looked in the mirror while I was washing my hands and thought, "My skin looks really good today!" completely forgetting that I had used this.

The coverage is lighter than the BB creams I've tried and comparable to LM TM. It's really more of a TM than a BB cream. It does even out my skin. I wouldn't count on the SPF for your sun protection--I put it on pretty liberally this morning and (after spending the day at the zoo), do see that I got a little sun. If you want more coverage, you'll need a "real" foundation over this, and if you (like me) are on the fair side, you'll want a true sunscreen.

So far I really like this. While I don't think it's necessarily a new HG, it's nice enough that I'm thinking twice about rebuying LM TM.

I was very skeptical when I bought this. I have very temperamental skin and not a lot of foundations look good on me. Since I've been on medication, my skin has gotten better, but also been a lot drier. I decided to give this a shot. I chose Very Light, which is neutral fair-medium. It promises glowy skin and the coverage of dark spots. I have to say that it delivers. I have mild pink scarring from pimples, and it covers this well. I only need a bit of concealer. The one thing that sold me on this is that it is great for my oilies. I only had to blot once the whole day. The only complaint I really have is that it is a little tacky and hard to spread -- I can fix this by applying some moisturizer underneath. If you are looking for some hydration, I wouldn't run for this. It IS called "moisture surge" but doesn't deliver hydration on application; rather, it provides hydration throughout the day. Overall, a good find.

on 4/25/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For those of you who hate BB cream as much as I do, you might prefer a CC cream. This was very easy for me to apply with fingers. It went on smoothly, and even though it looked a bit light at first, after a minute it was perfect. My skin looked flawless. I looked alive. But my real test was how it lasted, since I don't have time during the day to play with my makeup. I put it on at 8 a.m., and when I came home from work at 5 p.m. I checked in the mirror and I still looked good. All I had over it was some mineral powder on my T-zone to take care of the oilies. Well worth it if you want a quick foundation look that makes you look bright and youthful, that lasts all day.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First of all, i've only been using this for the past week, so it might be subject to change.

I am seriously loving this cc cream. This was my first experience in the wonderful world of bb/cc creams and I must say that i'm very pleasantly surprised. I'm about a Mac nc40 and I found that the medium matched me pretty well. My skin is on the normal to dry side and this product gives me very natural, glowy skin with the added protection of a SPF 30 and great hydration. I have to say though, that I have had great success with the clinique moisture surge line with this product also being part of. Seems to last all day and best of all, works as a fantastic primer for those days you need the extra coverage and decide to add another foundation on top. Highly recommend.