Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry age: 44-55
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Spoiler alert: this CC cream is not for oily skin types! I have dry skin so it works good. Definitely hydrating as its says, works great over a layer of the moisture surge hydrating product of your choice. Typical foundation tube packaging, the opening is a bit too large so a lot comes out if you’re not careful. But applyig this a little heavy isn’t a bad thing because it does fade a bit throughout the day and I often rely on my foundations alone for SPF. It spreads a bit difficult and I always reach for a brush to blend this product out, it noticably accumulates in my eyebrows and hairline and looks better buffed a bit. I have no problems with wear and my dry skin doesn’t feel dehydrated at the end of the day so yep, it’s hydrating. I think it does fade a bit and it does not play well with my face powder (currently using bare minerals which darkens when applied over this),
I got mine at Ulta who doesn’t carry the shade “very light” so I got the shade “light” and, as I have been getting a little sun in the past few weeks, this shade works. I find it to lean cool with an obvious pink undertone, in my opinion it needs to be a bit more neutral if it’s going to work for “a range of skin tones and undertones”. At the time I am making this review there are some models on Clinique’s website with before and after pictures, and for one of the light examples her skin tone is obviously yellow. On her after photo her yellow skin tone is still obvious around her hair line and on her neck. So I’m going to strongly suggest those who know their skin tone is warm/yellow to test the shade out.
I don’t plan on repurchasing unless it’s to try out the very light shade as I think there are better bb/cc creams out there right now that apply, wear and look better. But compared to Clinique’s age defense BB cream it’s an improvement.

on 4/6/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really this for 6 months and decided it is not for me. It is a little bit too moisturizing (and I have dry skin), tranfers easily to shirts (watch your neckline and giving hugs), and does not have a good color selection (I use medium, which is a tad dark and need to use a darker powder around my jaw-line to blend the markings). There are 3 colors to choose from. Price is very high, $35.00 at Sephora or Macy's. I happily use Physicians Formula talc-free pressed mineral correcting powder, $13.95 at Walmart, is easy to cover imperfections, has great staying power, and does not transfer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product. I have very sensitive, very dry skin with rosacea across my cheeks that will flare if I'm exposed to much sunlight or heat. This has never irritated or made my skin break out. I always have moisturizer on so it's worn underneath automatically. This CC cream goes on smoothly and easily, I don't notice any scent and I like it's creamy texture. I'm able to use it as a foundation without any additional product unless a swish of blush across my cheekbones sometimes. I'm very fair but the light and light/medium looked much too pale and 'wrong' in bright light. I bought medium which goes on a tiny bit yellow but almost immediately settles into a perfect match. I had a sample of this from the Clinique counter and used itl up before purchasing a tube. I'm very pleased with the color, staying power and moisturizing nature of it. For more formal times I use Estee Lauder's Futura in Pale Almond. But, honestly I'm using this Clinique CC most often because it matches my skin well, hydrates and lasts a long time. I'll repurchase this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials