Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by age: 44-55
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never used a BB or CC cream, but I decided to give this one a try, as my skin is fortunately clear and doesn't really need foundation--just a sheer wash to polish my look.

I love this cream because, as a woman with pale skin, it is rather difficult to find coloured skin creams that aren't too pink or too yellow. This one is amazing. It goes on very smoothly, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

The fact that it is oil-free, contains sunscreen, and has a faint yet pleasant scent (no "sunscreen odour") is a major selling point for me. This just may be my HG CC cream! I will most definitely purchase this one again.

on 10/27/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK - not great, not bad. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you put on

Pros:
-non irritating
-medium, smooth coverage

Cons:
-Clinique foundations all seem to have red undertones to me. My niece was also wearing this one day and she looked like she was reading a mask (you could see the mark along her jawline although the color should have been appropriate for her). I looked at myself more closely and noticed that I looked more bronzy than usual but there was no lighter color in the line
-does not make my dry skin look any dewier so I think this may be a foundation for younger, moister skin types

Omg, I absolutely love this product. Got s sample in med light and decided to just try it. I was getting compliments on my skin and happened to pass a mirror and couldn't believe how even my skin tone looked. I actually looked younger:) I will
Never stop using this product, I don't care how expensive it is!!

on 2/28/2015 10:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Received this product in a gift pack. I have had zero luck with BB and CC creams as I am fair, combo skin type with mild rosacea. I LOVE this product!! Great for winter months when I have dry patches. Very natural-looking.

on 1/31/2015 8:08:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this CC cream. I absolutely love it. It provides my face with great coverage while still feeling lightweight, and it gives my skin a dewy glow. I do always moisturize before applying this, this will probably help those who have trouble spreading this product evenly. It is definitely heavier than other CC creams, but it feels light on my face. The woman at the Clinique counter gave me a funny look when I told her I would probably not put foundation on with this, but honestly I don't really feel like I need it when I use this product, I just add concealer where I need to. One other plus is you do not need to use a lot of this product so one tube goes a long way.

on 10/28/2014 4:43:00 PM

A friend of mine uses this and I had to ask what it was. Initially, they didn't have a very wide color selection. Last week, at the Clinique counter, a perfect match. I live in a dry state, the moisture and coverage make this my go-to product. A bit of blush, mascara and out the door. I travel all the time, the tube is perfect for my "3oz. or less" life. Highly recommend! Tips- Use sparingly and blend with a brush.

on 4/6/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really this for 6 months and decided it is not for me. It is a little bit too moisturizing (and I have dry skin), tranfers easily to shirts (watch your neckline and giving hugs), and does not have a good color selection (I use medium, which is a tad dark and need to use a darker powder around my jaw-line to blend the markings). There are 3 colors to choose from. Price is very high, $35.00 at Sephora or Macy's. I happily use Physicians Formula talc-free pressed mineral correcting powder, $13.95 at Walmart, is easy to cover imperfections, has great staying power, and does not transfer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample from Sephora when I put in an order online and I was so impressed that I got a full size. My skin loves this CC cream, especially with this winter weather. I think it would be too heavy to use in the summer when my skin is oilier so it will be a seasonal product. Fwiw, my skin type is normal/combo, slightly dry in the winter and normal/combo, slightly oily in the summer.

Initially I scoffed at the idea of CC creams because they're another marketing ploy to cash in on the BB cream craze. This is the only CC cream I've tried so I can't compare it to the others on the market and in all honesty, I don't want to try others.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the consistency is a bit heavy so a little goes a long way. If you're looking for good coverage, this product isn't for you. To me, this CC cream is a bit heavier than a tinted moisturizer but lighter than foundation. If you have red acne marks, definitely use concealer to cover those before applying the CC cream.

I use just a dollop of the CC cream and with a flat foundation brush, I swipe it on my cheeks mainly with just a bit on my chin and forehead. (they've got concealer already)
I take my Sephora #45 brush to buff in the cream and then finish off with my MAC SF powder foundation. The result is a smooth, dewy and polished look.
I do have to touch up a couple of times during the day but I'm willing to deal with that in the cold months. The staying power is decent and I think it's because I finish off with a powder foundation.

I'd recommend this CC cream for normal to dry skin types who want a light, dewy finish.
I do not recommend it if your skin is on the oilier side or if you want medium to full coverage.
The colour selection is limited, especially for darker skin tones.

Well done Clinique and a definite repurchase.

on 10/5/2013 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This does the job! Evens out skin tone and brightens without looking cakey. Easy to apply. Does not break me out. This is a huge winner in my opinion. Being over 50 it gives a moisturized look to your skin which is a plus. The mineral makeup was just not cutting it anymore. However I do like to go over it with EL Double Wear powder in Tzone areas and Mineral Veil BE just to set it for the day. Long lasting too!

Edit: This has something that irritates my skin and I really prefer Bare Minerals gel cream formula as it does not break me out and and is easier to apply and more natural looking

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product. I have very sensitive, very dry skin with rosacea across my cheeks that will flare if I'm exposed to much sunlight or heat. This has never irritated or made my skin break out. I always have moisturizer on so it's worn underneath automatically. This CC cream goes on smoothly and easily, I don't notice any scent and I like it's creamy texture. I'm able to use it as a foundation without any additional product unless a swish of blush across my cheekbones sometimes. I'm very fair but the light and light/medium looked much too pale and 'wrong' in bright light. I bought medium which goes on a tiny bit yellow but almost immediately settles into a perfect match. I had a sample of this from the Clinique counter and used itl up before purchasing a tube. I'm very pleased with the color, staying power and moisturizing nature of it. For more formal times I use Estee Lauder's Futura in Pale Almond. But, honestly I'm using this Clinique CC most often because it matches my skin well, hydrates and lasts a long time. I'll repurchase this.