Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

2.9

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I so wanted this to be better than it was. The texture was a tad too thick and not as hydrating as I was expecting.
The colour range was good and I liked the fact it contains an spf too. A little does go a long way .
I'm glad I tried it but I won't be repurchasing it.

on 7/13/2014 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So I was looking for something to streamline my routine: I wanted SS, moisturizer, primer, a bit of glow, all in one. Thought this would fit the bill. Binned it after a week.

I picked this up at a Shoppers Beauty Boutique for around $35 Cdn. Which is a little steep but if it replaces a $40 primer/illuminator and a $15 SS/moisturizer, it's worth it. And it's Clinique, so the price was middle of the road for them. They do get lippies for the tube. I detest glass bottles and pumps and liked the sleek little, travel friendly tube.

Now I am fair. Like so fair, I don't notice the white cast in SS. The lowest foundation numbers don't fit me fair. And in this CC Cream, I am Light. Not Very Light. I am the second colour in. Total surprise. So for you super fair girls, get colour matched on this one.

Now for the road test: the consistency on this is really thick. I was expecting more spreadability and less spackle. It didn't spread over my face easily and I ended up putting it on like foundation, not like a moisturizer. With that thick consistency came thick coverage. Again, I expected sheer and glowy and what I got felt like foundation.

And looked like foundation. Nice skin in the bathroom, obvious makeup in natural light. That's not a bad thing, but not what I was looking for.

The salesgirl said that because this was from the Moisture Surge line it would be super hydrating. I am 39, with normal skin, not too dry, not too oily. And it is the height of summer, the 2 weeks of the year we get +25* temp. And it was barely moisturizing enough. My skin felt a little tight and I could have used a serum underneath. By Fall/Winter, I would need another layer underneath this. Which negates the whole 'streamlining my routine' thing.

They get lippies for the SPF 30. It worked, I didn't darken down on the days I wore this and I love a nice, high SPF.

Bottom line: fairly pricey, too makeup-ey, not moisturizing enough. Sticking with my Super City Block.

Didn't like this product. Have combination oily skin and it just made my face look even oiler. Have now come to the conclusion that I need a foundation or bb cream that is matte, not dewy or luminous as in my experience, they just don't work on oily skins. Trying to give myself a "glow" is just not working!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In general, it's an ok product. I find that I really have to blend to make it work. It does give a brightening effect...which I like. It's a shade too yellow for me though. I wear the lightest shade and I find its little dark for me (strawberry blond, fair skin with pink undertones). It's on the thicker side as for consistency...although not at thick as the Clinique BB cream (yuck!). A little goes a long way too. So despite it being pricey...one tube will last a long time.

Will I buy again? Probably not. I think there is a better CC cream out there that will match my skintone better.

on 5/12/2013 9:13:00 AM

review this for my sister in-law . She has dry skin. The CC cream give her a dewy look that she like. She also like that it gives her a sheer coverage. Great for dry skin. It come in 6 shades. it cost $35 dollars at Macy.

on 4/30/2013 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have porcelain skin and chose the CC cream in very light which is a good match. I really like that this has spf 30 cream. It applies easily to the skin and can be worn on its own or with foundation. Often, I just apply this and then use Maybelline Fit Me powder or Make Up Forever Pro Finish powder and I am done. This does not feel heavy or greasy on the skin at all. Does not cause my combination skin to break out either. though it can be a little drying on my skin. This does not provide enough color to cover the light redness on my cheeks and does not last long on my skin.

on 4/22/2013 8:27:00 PM

I've only worn this for the past few days, so once I "road test" it a little longer, I may change this review. After seeing the ads, I felt like I needed to try this. I've been happy with my LM TM, but I'm not loyal to foundations and always want to see if there's something better out there.

My first take: it looked kinda pale on me at first. I'm an NW15, so I was really torn between the Light and Very Light, and I went with the Very Light. After a few minutes, it looked natural. After a few hours, I looked in the mirror while I was washing my hands and thought, "My skin looks really good today!" completely forgetting that I had used this.

The coverage is lighter than the BB creams I've tried and comparable to LM TM. It's really more of a TM than a BB cream. It does even out my skin. I wouldn't count on the SPF for your sun protection--I put it on pretty liberally this morning and (after spending the day at the zoo), do see that I got a little sun. If you want more coverage, you'll need a "real" foundation over this, and if you (like me) are on the fair side, you'll want a true sunscreen.

So far I really like this. While I don't think it's necessarily a new HG, it's nice enough that I'm thinking twice about rebuying LM TM.