Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 36-43
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

2.9

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Don't use this if you've got oily skin. I was really disappointed with this as I thought I'd finally found the answer to my shiny face. I loved how it went on smoothly and easily and left no patches at all, plus it felt really nice on my skin giving a natural looking coverage. After around an hour however, I looked in the mirror to see my face was really greasy looking and oily, plus it looked like the cream had just disappeared into my face. I tried for a few days experimenting with different primers underneath, and also using pressed powder but nothing helped. I live in Scotland and it's not particularly warm here at the moment, so the result I got wasn't due to sweating or hot weather. I think it would be fine if you had normal skin perhaps, but it certainly didn't work for me. My face without any make up on isn't ever as oily as it was with this.

on 4/3/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Returned to Sephora.

Does NOT blend. Once placed on the skin, you have 2.3 miliseconds to blend. This is after I put on serum and overnight cream to try and give it something to move over. My skin is NOT dry.

The other weird thing was the color. It looked good when I was inside. My husband said that it looked great. Then we went outside and it changed. He asked if I started using bronzer. Went back inside, back to nice. Weird

It was an ok shiny/luminous texture. but, again, could not blend any makeup on top.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I so wanted this to be better than it was. The texture was a tad too thick and not as hydrating as I was expecting.
The colour range was good and I liked the fact it contains an spf too. A little does go a long way .
I'm glad I tried it but I won't be repurchasing it.

Didn't like this product. Have combination oily skin and it just made my face look even oiler. Have now come to the conclusion that I need a foundation or bb cream that is matte, not dewy or luminous as in my experience, they just don't work on oily skins. Trying to give myself a "glow" is just not working!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In general, it's an ok product. I find that I really have to blend to make it work. It does give a brightening effect...which I like. It's a shade too yellow for me though. I wear the lightest shade and I find its little dark for me (strawberry blond, fair skin with pink undertones). It's on the thicker side as for consistency...although not at thick as the Clinique BB cream (yuck!). A little goes a long way too. So despite it being pricey...one tube will last a long time.

Will I buy again? Probably not. I think there is a better CC cream out there that will match my skintone better.

on 5/12/2013 9:13:00 AM

review this for my sister in-law . She has dry skin. The CC cream give her a dewy look that she like. She also like that it gives her a sheer coverage. Great for dry skin. It come in 6 shades. it cost $35 dollars at Macy.

on 4/30/2013 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have porcelain skin and chose the CC cream in very light which is a good match. I really like that this has spf 30 cream. It applies easily to the skin and can be worn on its own or with foundation. Often, I just apply this and then use Maybelline Fit Me powder or Make Up Forever Pro Finish powder and I am done. This does not feel heavy or greasy on the skin at all. Does not cause my combination skin to break out either. though it can be a little drying on my skin. This does not provide enough color to cover the light redness on my cheeks and does not last long on my skin.

on 4/22/2013 8:27:00 PM

I've only worn this for the past few days, so once I "road test" it a little longer, I may change this review. After seeing the ads, I felt like I needed to try this. I've been happy with my LM TM, but I'm not loyal to foundations and always want to see if there's something better out there.

My first take: it looked kinda pale on me at first. I'm an NW15, so I was really torn between the Light and Very Light, and I went with the Very Light. After a few minutes, it looked natural. After a few hours, I looked in the mirror while I was washing my hands and thought, "My skin looks really good today!" completely forgetting that I had used this.

The coverage is lighter than the BB creams I've tried and comparable to LM TM. It's really more of a TM than a BB cream. It does even out my skin. I wouldn't count on the SPF for your sun protection--I put it on pretty liberally this morning and (after spending the day at the zoo), do see that I got a little sun. If you want more coverage, you'll need a "real" foundation over this, and if you (like me) are on the fair side, you'll want a true sunscreen.

So far I really like this. While I don't think it's necessarily a new HG, it's nice enough that I'm thinking twice about rebuying LM TM.