Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 30-35
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this product. I used to use the old formulation of the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser and I really liked it. When I went to repurchase it was gone and this was available in it's place...but I don't love it.

I don't hate it by any means and I plan to finish it, but I don't like it enough that I would repurchase. Ultimately, I think I can find something better.

Pros:
- SPF 30! This is a product I would use in summer and during the daytime so I love having the high SPF because I burn very easy.
- Good coverage - it's not too heavy and not too light. Gives a lovely even finish and is easy to blend into skin.
- Shade match - I bought Very Light and it's a good match for my skin (for ref. I wear NC15 in MAC)

Cons:
- Transfer - this stuff doesn't seem to fully set and I have noticed it rubs off on clothing and tissues etc. This might be because of the spf?
- Overly dewy - I've got very dry skin and I love a nice dewy finish makeup, but this is too much even for me. On hot days it can make you look greasy even if you set with a power. If you're very oily I would steer clear!

All in all not a terrible product but I will be continuing the hunt for a new HG tinted moisturiser/lightweight everyday base.

I still don't get CC creams. I got a generous sample of Light shade from a helpful Clinique SA. I have been using La Roche Posay Uvidea BB cream and quite like it. Since CC creams offer more coverage, I decided to try it. The Clinique CC cream is thicker and harder to apply than the LRP BB cream and Dior Nude foundation. I applied it over the moisture surge extended relief gel moisturiser. It takes ages to blend using my fingers and there were still splotches. I had to use a sponge to blend it out. If I have to go to the trouble of using tools other than my fingers, I might as well use my foundation which gives a better finish and the shade fits me way better than this CC cream. It made my face shiny (too much dewiness) and I needed to use powder to tone it down. When I sweat, it can slide off my face as well. The colour is too pink for my yellow Asian skin tone. Again, why bother? I gave 3 stars because it does even the skin tone IF the shade matches and it did last quite a while on the face.

I really love this! My skin is very sensitive/reactive, acne-prone and combo-oily leaning dehydrated. To add to that fun, silicones are an instant breakout-trigger for me, and we all know how 98% of foundations/BB/CC creams are loaded up with them. I actually had to read through the ingredients list of this CC cream about 5 times to convince myself that it really and truly is free of 'cones!

On to the review: on application, it does feel a little sticky/tacky, but I find that that disappears quickly once it's blended in to my skin. I've used both my fingers and a brush to apply, and both methods work well, though I might prefer using fingers as I find the warmth of my hands helps this to spread more easily. Once on, it feels like wearing nothing at all. Living in a warm, humid place as I do, this is a huge factor for me.

The coverage is sheer-to-light. What I love most about it is not so much the coverage but how it seems to generally even out and brighten up my skin without caking pigment all over my face. It is truly is a "my skin, but better" look. I have fairly decent skin most of the time, but some slight redness around my nose and mouth, and the occasional minor blemish. This CC cream doesn't exactly cover the redness, but still manages to make my skin much more even and balanced. I don't know how it does it, but it's almost magical.

The finish is on the dewy side. For everyday/daytime wear, I prefer this. For evenings out, I apply this CC cream and also blend a tiny bit of full-coverage foundation (EL DW Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup, which is amazing when used sparingly) over my more reddened areas, and then set it all with powder. That creates, for me, my ideal face--enough coverage to hide redness/minor blemishes, but not so much that my own skin isn't able to show through.

As mentioned earlier, almost everything breaks me out. I've worn this about 5 times now, and have had no problems AT ALL. I've even worn this at work (I teach hot yoga) and my skin is still seeming to love this. I just almost can't believe it....!

At $35, I think this is too pricey to wear every day. But given how finicky my skin is and how pleased I am with the look and feel of this on my skin, I will buy it again in a heartbeat when my tube starts to run low.

For reference, I have neutral-light skin and the shade Light works very well for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials