Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by age: 25-29
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

on 9/8/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this CC cream so much. I saw so many great reviews of it on youtube that I decided myself and went to pick it up. I use almost all of the Clinique's "moisture surge" products and I love them, none of them has ever let me down. But with this CC cream... goooosh!! I've been having a terrible time with my skin lately, but this makes everything worse. It clings to my dry patches, almost no coverage, smells like cheap SPF (which I hate), tacky, wears off, my eyes burn so much (and I don't even apply it around my eyes), and I could almost swear and makes my faces super pink after some hours of wear. At least it hasn't broken my skin, yet. There are better drugstore BBs and CCs. I promise I gave this cream 5 chances in different days and always get the same outcome. I highly recommend you test this with the Clinique's staff and wear ir throughout the day before you purchase it and see how it behaves in your skin.

on 7/30/2016 5:58:00 AM

My skin is dry, with blemishes and acne. This product doesn't work well as coverage for the acne or the scars, but it gives my skin a good glowy touch and evens out my skin color. It matches my skin tone well and has a natural touch. After a few hours, it still does not make my skin oily. It's somewhat thick but, not sure whether it's because of my dry skin, I find it hard to blend the cream (I use fingers).

on 1/2/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a very pasty-white girl with very cool undertones and I was looking for something that would even out my skin and slight acne scarring without the heft of a real foundation. I'd been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for a few months in the summer before I bought this and I loved it, but Retin-A makes my skin flaky in places so I wanted something more moisturizing. This has worked well - it does sometimes settle in flaky bits, but is movable enough that I can just layer more moisturizer over it and blend it in. Its consistency is easy to blend and I don't have to be as exact as I do with regular foundation because it's light and matches my skin tone perfectly, so I can be as lazy as I want (and am.) I would recommend having a good concealer to use alongside this - the coverage isn't nearly enough for under my eyes - but overall, if I set it with loose powder, it stays in place and looks good most of the day.

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.

on 10/21/2015 10:59:00 PM

Okay, so I did a trial of this, hoping it would be moisturising with the added bonus of SPF 30. I've been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (which I freaking LOVE, but $101), but the Clinique CC is half the price ($50), and the sales assistant was convincing (and said if i come back to purchase I can get 15% off if I bring my flight itinerary).

Decent coverage, looks fine, but makes my skin feel SO dry, and tight, when I smile in the mirror my laugh lines are prominent. Coverage is medium, decent colour match (Chanel I'm B50, this i'm Medium Deep), even but actually looks unnatural? Not hugely impressed with this, and had high hopes. I feel dry patches around my nose, cheeks, mouth.

Also, smells weird. Sort of paint like. Clinique is supposed to be all fragrance free right, but maybe they should reconsider...

I'm giving it a go, but at this stage i'm going have to use a pretty nourishing moisturiser tonight, feels awful on my skin right now. Ugh, not a fan. I guess Clinique is cheap for a reason.

on 8/28/2015 7:42:00 PM

I honestly think this just might be my Holy Grail Product. I absolutely LOVE this CC cream. It stays on all day and doesn't cake at all. I swear by it when I'm outdoors and it has never let me down, even in sweaty situations it stays put and protects me from the sun. The consistency of the product is just right... not too heavy and not too light. It also evens out my blotchy red cheeks and keeps everything looking one color. I also have very sensitive skin that is prone to breaking out but I've never had any acne from this product. Definitely recommend this CC cream.

on 8/25/2015 3:51:00 AM

I got a sample of this in the medium shade, which is way too dark for my skin tone. I gave it away to someone with a darker skin tone and taught them how to use it. This product is light to medium weight, not too heavy or cakey. The shade itself is very orange though, and requires quite a bit of blending. This is lightly fragranced, but it does not bother me too much. Overall, this was just an okay cc cream, comparable to drugstore brands, and not really worth the price tag.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I FREAKING LOVE this CC Cream. I got so many compliments from wearing it. It doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It doesn't clog pores. It is just amazing. It also match my skin colour very well, I have olive skin and 'Medium Deep' really suits me. I am in Australia and it costs me $45 here. But I am planning to get the next one from eBay since I already knew my shades. I highly recommend this product to anyone who doesn't like using thick foundation.

on 5/5/2015 2:55:00 AM

I received this in a swap in the shade Light, which I already knew from a previous sample pot from Clinique was my closest color match (typically I'm matched to light/mediums shades, but maybe this product line runs a shade darker than expected as their light/medium was a tad deeper than my skin tone, which is currently NC25). Contains SPF30 with a good list of hybrid physical-chemical active sunscreen ingredients.

I didn't love this product, but I didn't hate it either. The finish is dewy and given I have an oily T-zone, I always blot immediately after applying and then dust it with matte setting powder. The shine comes through in 4-5 hours but this is not intended for shine control, so no surprise there... blot, powder, carry on. The color, which applies semi-sheer, does actually last all day. When applying, I only do one side of my face at a time as this does dry down quickly and can cake (despite being sheer!) if I take too long to blend over. Smells like Play-doh too but that goes away after a short while.

The hardest thing for me to get past when it comes to this product is that it seems to stay sticky throughout the duration of wear. I do have combo-oily skin so this may have been due to my own skin type and the moisturizer I use prior (Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer). The use of a matte powder helps greatly with the sticky finish, but when my oily T-zone starts to show, the product feels stickier again. It's not the best feeling especially for an already oily face. I have to admit though that this is not as sticky as the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream, which I disliked for the same one reason.

Great product aside from the sticky feeling as the SPF is good, the color matched well and evened out my skin tone without looking unnatural, lasted all day and for the most part did everything I would expect a CC cream to do. But this retails for $38 for 40ml. My favorite BB cream from Japan is $20 for 40ml, but feels much more comfortable and has higher SPF. On its own the Clinique CC is a great everyday product but I'd rather pay the lower price tag for an import product that feels even better and still looks good on my skin.

on 5/5/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and Clinique moisturizers are usually safe, so I figured this would be, too...
PROS: the medium light color is a good match for me and I didn't run into blending problems, as other reviewers have mentioned.
CONS: HEAT RASH. By the time I got home from a day outside& at the gym, i had developed red bumps all over my cheeks. I'm overall more susceptible to it (long time eczema), but I haven't had it to this extent on my face in years. I should mention that I've exercised with a variety of other products on my face, and never gotten a rash. To be fair, I don't know if it was this specific product or all CC creams that are non-comedogenic, but now I know that it's something I may look for. I will probably not be using this again soon unless I'm going to be in a fairly cool environment, which defeats the purpose of it being SPF 30.