CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 19-24
CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

2.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Been looking to try a lighter base for my makeup during the summer. Also tried the Clinique BB cream and wrote a review on that as well. Needless to say, I give up on Clinique foundations. This blended out fine and didn't cling to dry patches or make me overly oily. But I'm 19 years old and I had forehead wrinkles! Nobody is looking to speed up that process. I will not be buying this (thankfully I had a sample) just for the fact that it sunk into forehead wrinkles I didn't even know I had.

on 8/1/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

like with all of cliniques foundations/face makeup, this was way way way too pink. i dont understand why they do this. it was last straw with this one. if you have skin the color of a hot dog then you can wear this but it will only work for people with really dry skin.

on 10/31/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to make-up, but I do know that I usually have a hell of a lot of trouble trying to find products that match my skin tone. For reference, I'm Indian with serious yellow undertones and oily/combination skin. I also have fairly bad acne and a decent amount of scarring/discolouration.
I'd heard about the wonders of BB/CC creams, but was hesitant to buy online and wind up with something that made me look like a pink cake-face, so I went to Myer to test out a couple of products. After trying out a few different foundations from a variety of brands, I decided to go with this 'medium deep' Clinique CC cream.

IT'S AMAZING. A tiny pea-sized amount is enough to cover my whole face, and after applying with a foundation brush the results are pretty remarkable. My skin tone is completely even, and it doesn't even look/feel like I'm wearing anything at all! It does feel a bit dewy upon application, but that only lasts for a little while. Although you can still see a bit of discolouration, I just use a bit of Estee Lauder Double Wear Mineral Rich Loose Powder makeup and I find that this combination lasts for ages (seriously I can have it on for a whole day, sleep with it, and it still looks awesome the next morning - and it doesn't make me breakout!). Additionally, this combo completely prevents my face from getting oily during the day. I've also tried using some Estee foundation in between the two, but I think it feels a bit too thick and there's really no need for it.

The CC cream is sufficient on its own if you're in a rush, or just want to duck to the shops or something. My main issue is that I'm really self-conscious of my acne, so I'll consistently moisturise, then use the CC cream with some sort of powder to finish the job. You can still see a teeny-tiny bit of scarring etc., so if you wanted hardcore coverage, you'd probably be best using a MAC powder foundation on top of the CC cream, but the MAC foundation I have isn't exactly my colour so I'd rather go with a more natural look that matches my skin perfectly.

I'm just so glad that I've found something that suits my colour! I know I've said this already, but somehow this product works wonders for my skin while still looking completely natural. Love it!! xx

on 5/22/2013 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product seemed decent. It didn't work for me, but I can tell it'd definitely work for others.

It seems this would work well for someone with oily-ish skin and wants a 1-step cream for her face.

I found that it tended to blend patchily because my skin was very dry, and when I wore moisturizer or sunscreen under it, it was kinda clumpyish. But I have seen it work for others so its just hit or miss

on 4/22/2013 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The problem for me with this product is that its supposed to be an all in one, but in trying to do so much stuff it doesn't quite manage to do any of the things it promises. I'm pretty fair with freckles and wanted something to even out my skin tone/cover some redness. It says its moisturizing but my skin is on the dryer side so I definitely needed moisturizer underneath. It also says it has sunscreen, but if you apply too much is gets really caky, so I had to wear sunscreen under it also. As far as its concealing properties, I actually really like it for under my eyes and my cheek bones, where one might want some illumination, but instead of cover my redness on my nose and cheeks, it just puts some light shimmer over it- not pretty. After all that, it would never seem to sink in, leaving my skin feeling greasy and tacky regardless of whether I applied it with a sponge, my fingers or a brush. Definitely returning, this just isn't quite the product for me I guess.