Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.7

on 9/7/2016 10:05:00 PM

I got this this on a splurge of the moment, and I cant say I'm dissapointed. For reference, i have combo skin leaning torwards dry in the fall/winter very oily in summer/spring. I got this because summer is coming to an end and I knew that my mattifying foundations would no longer have use. I stumbled upon this at a clinque and gave it a try. It was pricey for a cc cream $40 dollars I think. Normally I would NEVER spend that much money on something I hadnt at least looked up first. But anyways, the first time I tried it was after a shower so my skin was dry. I used my handy beautyblender to apply. I squeezed about two pea sized amount of product onto the back of my hand which was the perfect amount to cover my face. When applied it definetly feels hydrating, and water light too. This blended beautifully. However, I did find that it was harder to blend, but not impossible by any means, on some of my really bad dry spots. Though i did forget to moisturize...Either way, at the end of application, my skin tone was even with only a little redness peaking through. I had a nice dewy finish that didnt looke greasy at all. since it was going to be hot that day I set it with a mattifying powder. it held up great, even when my skin got really oily. This will definetly be great for the winter, when my skin is actually dry. But I am really impressed. There are nine shades, but anybody with really fair or really deep skin tones probably wont find a suitable color match. I would reccomend for anybody with dry to slightly oily skin. overall I am very pleased. One thing I did notice is that if you are the person who "dots" the product on their face then blends, which I am, then do it in parts like right cheek then forhead and so on otherwise the product sets a tiny bit making it hard to blend. Totally reccomend though. It held up on my oily skin and did well when my skin was dry too! Love this!

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this product as it does even out my complexion and gives decent coverage, especially for a cc cream, however I have relatively oily skin and even so, this seems the cling to the edges of pimples and make any dryness seem more noticeable. Normally if this happens to me with other foundations or bb creams, the dry patches go away as my face become more oily and my makeup settles but whenever closely inspected, I could still see some flaky dryness which disappoints me as it is quite expensive and I got much the same result from my maybelline pure bb cream.

I love this productI have been using it everyday for around a year, it is highly moisturising, it gives a medium coverage, i use the shade very light and it matches my skin all year round, and most products i have used react with my sensitive skin and this product doesn't it actually improves my skin rather then effect it negatively, i recommend brushes and preferably fingers to apply this product, sponges tend to make it look a little cakey, you also need to warm the product up in your fingers before applying it. my only complaint with this product is that you need to put the lid on straight away or the tube fills with air and you can't really tell how much product you actually have left.

on 3/29/2015 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I have this product in the shade medium and I think its alright. I have dark Indian skin and it works quite well but I find the price a bit much for the product. But it does last for a long time. I've had mine for a good 5 months and it's still not empty.

The packaging is nice and simple nothing to fancy. Also it does not appear thick on your skin and gives a natural glow. It IS a bit too dewy for me so I just use some matte powder.
It does require a good amount of blending though or it looks whitish.

on 1/30/2015 5:18:00 PM

I received this in the travel size as a free item and I never really intended to use it since BB and CC creams tend to be low coverage and greasy formulas. I used this one day when I was in a rush and and it surprisingly gave more coverage than I expected. It was also moisturizing and not greasy or shiny. It didn't even need setting powder! Very satisfied.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this product was horrendous on my dry sensitive skin! Moisture surge my ass! It made me break out terribly along my t-zone with cystic acne (which i never had before!) and caused a rash along my forehead. I have to admit, i have tried other clinique products and they've all made me break out in a rash and spots, they do not use natural ingredients.
When i first applied the CC cream, it felt like i'd razored my skin. The cream sank into my pores and into my flaky spots making me look disgusting and you could see the fine lines of my face from dryness even after moisturising thoroughly. It felt greasy to apply and found my forehead lit up from oil whilst the rest of my face clumped and look disgusting.
Would not recommend.

I have this because the lady at ulta recommended it to me when I asked her what to get for dry skin and light coverage. I love it. It is blend able and perfect coverage. I powder it lightly to keep it in place all day because I have 17 hour days as a 9th grader. So I need something to stay and have no problems. I use the wet and wild coverall powder. and the price is pricey but I don't use much of the product and it lasts a long time so yeah:)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Magen my face was fine i loved this. it's light coverage so if that's all you need then you'll like it. but i randomly started breaking out bad and i tried to use this and it just made it way worse. this is NOT for damaged broken out skin. it'll only make things worse at least i my case. I can only use this when my skin is calmed down and not so broken out

This is the only CC cream I have found to work with my skin. I have oily/combination skin, so it's hard to find a product that doesn't make oily areas more oily and dry areas more dry, but this one works beautifully. I got it in the summer, so it's a little dark now, but I can mix it with a lighter shade foundation to get a nice light-medium coverage. Anyway, this is a lot different than a regular foundation in the sense that it doesn't make your skin look flawless, but it evens everything out and cancels a lot of redness out, along with being an SPF 30 moisturizer. It's perfect for days when you want a really natural look, or for anyone that has clear skin but wants a little extra coverage. It kind of lumps several products into one, so it's great for mornings when you're in a rush too. With all of that being said, though, my skin does start to look oily midday, but it's nothing that blotting papers or powder can't fix. Overall, this is the single best CC cream/face product in general that I have found yet.