CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 11/14/2018 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this cc cream. I was using Peter Thomas CC cream till they changed it. Decided to try Clinique again. I tried several foundations before trying the CC cream. Coverage is great. Makes my skin look fresh, not caked at all. Seemed to last through the day. I was surprised it cost so much more than foundation but I really like the look.
Able to wear with or without primer. I was a little concerned it might be to oily for my skin but it was fine.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My skin: Very sensitive/very oily T-zone/blemish prone/dehydrated/fair tone. I'm 37 and have been struggling with blemishes and allergic bumps due to a poor reaction to new products. I've been endlessly looking for a good bb/cc cream that 1.Doesn't contain oils or silicones, mainly Dimethicone, (which causes me to breakout) 2.Contains an SPF of 30 or higher, preferably physical as opposed to chemical sunscreen and 3.Helps control the oil on my nose and forehead during the day and finally 4.Doesn't cause me to break out. This fit the bill. It's one of the ONLY oil-free/silicone-free products that I could find. I have tried so many tinted moisturizers, bb and cc's I ALMOST gave up my search- when I noticed this met all my requirements!
The results of using this for a couple weeks and how I successfully apply it:
It is definitely hard to spread if you're not quick, as it dries fast. However, I put a couple drops of my moisturizing liquid- Liquid Recovery from First Aid Beauty in it, and warm it on my fingers by swirling it, and then quickly apply it in sections- forehead and nose, cheeks, chin. Then, I rub my hands together and press my warm hands over each area of my face to set this product into my skin, and gently do this over my jawline to smooth any potential streaks. At first, it's not that impressive, but as the day goes on it looks amazing.
Since using this, my blemishes have almost ALL gone away, and my skin looks and feels better every day. When I have this on, my skin looks flawless -I mean really beautiful- it hides what blemishes I have left, covers redness and scarring, and I'm glowing and radiant, but not shiny. I only blot once a day as opposed to several times a day which is such a relief! If you are willing to deal with the slight challenge of applying this, the results really outweigh the negative aspect. The cream offers about a medium-coverage, has a thicker texture but not greasy, and there are many tones and shades to choose from which is great! I love this CC cream, how it makes me look during the day, and how it helps me feel about my skin and appearance, and will probably never switch again!!

on 10/12/2018 2:48:00 PM

Definitely over rated in my opinion. It’s so thick it does not blend at all. I found it has a very heavy, greasy, feeling. It didn’t break me out, but I didn’t use it for very long. It is nice that it has SPH included, but there are so many CC and BB creams that are way better. I found that it did not provide any moisture whatsoever. I do not plan on buying this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Spoiler alert: this CC cream is not for oily skin types! I have dry skin so it works good. Definitely hydrating as its says, works great over a layer of moisture surge. Typical foundation tube packaging, the opening is a bit too large so a lot comes out if I’m not careful. But applyig this a little heavy isn’t a bad thing because it does fade. It spreads a bit difficult and I always have to reach for a brush to blend this product out, it noticably accumulates in my eyebrows and hairline and looks better buffed in a bit. My dry skin doesn’t feel dehydrated at the end of the day so yep, it’s hydrating. It does not play well with my face powder (currently using bare minerals which darkens when applied over this),
I got mine at Ulta who doesn’t carry the shade “very light” so I got the shade “light” and, as I have been getting a little sun in the past few weeks, this shade works. I find it to lean cool with an obvious pink undertone, in my opinion it needs to be a bit more neutral if it’s going to work for “a range of skin tones and undertones”. At the time I am making this review there are some models on Clinique’s website with before and after pictures, and for one of the light examples her skin tone is obviously yellow. On her after photo her yellow skin tone is still obvious around her hair line and on her neck. So I’m going to strongly suggest those who know their skin tone is warm/yellow to test the shade before purchase.
I don’t plan on repurchasing unless it’s to try out the very light shade as I think there are better bb/cc creams out there right now that apply, wear and look better. But compared to Clinique’s age defense BB cream it’s an improvement, I found it to be difficult to work with, cakey and drying. I have good days applying this product and bad days, bad days being if the environment is excessively humid. I have yet to find a sunscreen that plays well underneath, and neither of the Clinique city blocks play well undrerneath so if I use this I have to use *just this*. I am, in fact, on the fence wether I want to keep this or return it, I still need to give it a few more tries.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Don't use this if you've got oily skin. I was really disappointed with this as I thought I'd finally found the answer to my shiny face. I loved how it went on smoothly and easily and left no patches at all, plus it felt really nice on my skin giving a natural looking coverage. After around an hour however, I looked in the mirror to see my face was really greasy looking and oily, plus it looked like the cream had just disappeared into my face. I tried for a few days experimenting with different primers underneath, and also using pressed powder but nothing helped. I live in Scotland and it's not particularly warm here at the moment, so the result I got wasn't due to sweating or hot weather. I think it would be fine if you had normal skin perhaps, but it certainly didn't work for me. My face without any make up on isn't ever as oily as it was with this.

It's quite an okay product for what it is. The coverage is quite decent and the dewy effect is nice. It's great that it provides protection of SPF30. Yet that part has a downside: I feel like the product doesn't sit well on the skin, and gradually slides off. The cream is "eaten up" quite a lot by the end of the day. The colour match is not great either. Light/medium which is supposedly good match for my NC20/25 skin is quite alright in terms of color intensity but the shade is off. It has this pinky-greyish hue which many of CC creams have, and I do not find it flattering at all. I'd say the product is 3.5/5 for me.

This is the worst foundation I’ve ever tried out of all the cheapest and the most expensive ones. It doesn’t apply on my skin at all and looks patchy and creased all over. I tried it again and again and finally just gave up.

Why this sux...it has a powdery finish that clings to every single flake and pore. Trying to blend this stuff is a nightmare! Fingers, brushes, sponges -they're all useless. It just kinda smears, looks weird/unblended and immediately clings to flakes/pores. I'd seen a lot of great reviews but this works nothing like they show on YouTube. I've used different moisturizers, primers, tried thinning it out with RCMA clear/oil..nothing makes it blend even remotely easy. The color however is pretty good once you finally get it on and looking somewhat normal. I'm super white so the very light shade was a good match color wise. I'm going to keep this tho and see if it applies better in the humid summer...a nice spf cc cream that dries to a powder would b ideal then so maybe it'll work. Just FYI this to me seems like full coverage. It's not like super thick or opaque but the magic stuff inside color corrects ur skin so it looks full coverage tho it's very light feeling...once u manage to get it blended. The only thing more full coverage than this imo would b Dermacol 208...which is totes opaque. I still say for BB and CC just skip all this junk and just buy Korean cuz they nailed it in BB/CC world!

on 9/8/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this CC cream so much. I saw so many great reviews of it on youtube that I decided myself and went to pick it up. I use almost all of the Clinique's "moisture surge" products and I love them, none of them has ever let me down. But with this CC cream... goooosh!! I've been having a terrible time with my skin lately, but this makes everything worse. It clings to my dry patches, almost no coverage, smells like cheap SPF (which I hate), tacky, wears off, my eyes burn so much (and I don't even apply it around my eyes), and I could almost swear and makes my faces super pink after some hours of wear. At least it hasn't broken my skin, yet. There are better drugstore BBs and CCs. I promise I gave this cream 5 chances in different days and always get the same outcome. I highly recommend you test this with the Clinique's staff and wear ir throughout the day before you purchase it and see how it behaves in your skin.

on 8/8/2017 12:16:00 PM

I have combination oily skin and spend my days in an AC controlled indoor environment. This product comes in limited shades. The SPF factor and sheer to light coverage would make this product good for a fast makeup look (e.g., going to the grocery store)

My skin tone is about Mac C3, or Estee Lauder Double Wear 2W0/2W1. I have this product in "Medium" which is dark for me. It has a more pink undertone than yellow so it wasn't a good match at all. The consistency of this product is very thick, making the product difficult to blend out. Using a low-quality or cheap powder (flour-y or not finely milled) with this CC cream could result in a very big cakey mess on your face. It felt like heavy cream sitting on top of my face instead of being "absorbed" in (not light weight at all). I can definitely feel like I am wearing something on my face. Some CC cream can be used alone or underneath a foundation (as it is a color corrector) but it would not be a good idea with this product just because of how thick it is.

I found the best method to apply this product is to use a brush or finger instead of a damp sponge. It smelled a little weird, though not a "bad" smell. I did not feel like it provided me any extra "moisture surge" or "hydration" like the product suggests.

The product did not work for me, and I didn't enjoy it. I would not purchase this again regardless of the price tag.

FYI: The shade names across the globe differs (USA vs. Asia).