Estee Lauder Knowing

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Estee Lauder Knowing

4.3

Top Notes: Rose, Tuberose, Mimosa, Plum Middle Notes: Jasmine, Patchouli, Orange Flower Base Notes: Oakmoss, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber

on 7/11/2012 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

my mum has this perfume because she recieved it as a gift from her friend. I am 24 and i adore it! its very strong and so i dont feel its something i would wear right now at my age but most definitely when im older i will bathe in this stuff lol... mind you if its over sprayed it can be too much but rightly its amazing!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Powdery and rosy. Brutally nauseating if overdone...this one is best dabbed, not sprayed. Heed this advice and you shall be rewarded with a truly gorgeous and womanly (NOT girly) fragrance.

on 12/14/2007 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Knowing is a lovely, gentle, sophisticated scent to me. THe bitter orange in the top stays fairly prominent on my skin, reminding me of a much softer Messe de Minuit. Something about this blend also brings to mind the way Lush's Karma smells on a woman I know. Bonnie is a fashionista, and heaven knows how and where she discovered Karma, living up here in the Hinterlands - probably she found it on a trip to Lake Louise in Banff, Canada. Anyway, she always smells delish, unsweet, unflowery, transparent.

But back to Knowing - I wanted to sniff this based on mentions on the frag board of its incensey, sophisticated, earthy yet clean nature. I headed to Herbergers, and lo and behold, discovered that I really do enjoy this.

It is similar to Karma (at least to how Karma is on Bonnie - I've not tried that one on myself yet), but it also shares elements of Gucci eau de parfum, (the original one, not the new 2007 release, which is fruity-floral). There is a dry leathery aspect to Knowing, along with a smokey bitter orange top. In truth, this smells very much like allspice berry essential oil, spicy, a bit acidic, with a deliciously elegant smoked overtone.

Knowing is very beautiful, and unusual. I suppose it's a woody chypre by category. Whatever it is, I like it, and so does my sweetie.

Popular Fragrances