Estée Lauder Knowing

Filtered by age: 30-35
Estée Lauder Knowing

3.8

Top Notes: Rose, Tuberose, Mimosa, Plum Middle Notes: Jasmine, Patchouli, Orange Flower Base Notes: Oakmoss, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a beautiful fragrance. I agree with what a lot of others have said in their reviews, in regards to perhaps dabbing this one on rather than spraying, as it is quite a strong smell. Lovely though. Not an "old lady" smell by any means, but don't think this ones suited for young girls either... A lovely, sophisticated and mature fragrance.

on 3/2/2012 11:54:00 AM

I had trepidation before trying it because it's supposed to be a BIG 90's affair. I heard that one spritz and walk through are more than enough...so I spritzed and waited for a full-on attack. Smelling this fragrance was like walking up to the biggest,nastiest-looking bouncer in a club and being met with Mr.Manners. The juice is powerful, but it is so well blended that you can almost forget it's there. Kudos to Estee for her great nose!

I sampled this today, one tiny spritz on each wrist, I am a lover of "big" scents (mostly orientals) and the majority of my collection is what some MUAers often refer to as "old lady" perfumes. That being said..I found this stuff extremely potent and pungent for the first 30 minutes or so.

At first, I smelled a very strong synthetic rose or floral scent...then it morphed into what I can only refer to as the scent of autumn. Burning leaves, campfire, the last of summer's flower petals blowing in the wind.

4 hours in, Knowing has dried down, but doesn't fade away. She's still strong, but she's grown in a dark mossy delight of incense, woods, rose, and a dash of spice and cream.

Part of me feels like this fragrance is lovely, mature and I'm surprised that I've ended up liking it since I prefer spicier and stronger musks. Knowing definitely holds onto those floral notes, but it's not too girlish. In fact, I think a man could wear this.

First impression : This is a fragrance that a woman would buy but a man wouldn't. Meaning, it smelled nice and womanly but somehow lacked sex appeal. 80s, early 90s. I felt like I should be wearing a power suit with a bob haircut, like this was a scent that a career woman would wear. She wants to be taken seriously, she needs something to last all day, she wants to retain her femininity but she also wants respect and never wears her skirts too short.

After an hour, like a 30 year old woman, she bloomed...growing more into herself, She's not trying to fit in, she's not trying to make waves by being shocking or "different". She simply is.

I never thought I would love a fragrance with as much rose as this one has but I have a feeling that Knowing will grow to be one of my favorites.

on 3/2/2011 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This used to be my essential perfume back in the day when I worked behind the reference/research desk at a large public library. It used to mask any bad smells (and believe me, if you've ever worked in some parts of a library there are a billion of them) coming from people or things.

My colleagues would groan when I wore this perfume because it is loud and not everyone's cup of tea, and to be honest, I used to drench myself in it. I had one colleague who wouldn't get in the lift with me, he hated it that much. However, it got me through dealing with many of the great unwashed that I would encounter through my day because all I could smell for the first half of the day was myself and Knowing. Of course, the more I applied the more immune to the smell I became. Knowing has great lasting power!!

I have no idea of notes or other nice-ities of the perfume. I like it, but it's not a perfume I adore. It was used so I could save my Coco or Mitsouko for me, not work.

I have smelt this on others and it's lovely, but I think for me it now has too many bad associations (like the crazy guy who used to follow me around sniffing saying, "You smell like a girl..." or the other punter who used to come and request some glass cabinet books on guns of WWII and then take his shoes off when reading, but I digress), so I won't ever buy it again.

The other reviews say it all much better than I. It is a lovely perfume and is very striking for the right person, in the right time and place. But I just can't wear it anymore.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Powdery and rosy. Brutally nauseating if overdone...this one is best dabbed, not sprayed. Heed this advice and you shall be rewarded with a truly gorgeous and womanly (NOT girly) fragrance.

This is super STRONG and long lasting! This is the BUG SPRAY of all perfumes! I don't know...........I find that Estee Lauder's perfumes have that "something" in them that I just don't like! That something is a moldy earth like smell. Ancient and funeral like. Tomb rotting. Death. The only one that doesn't seem to have this "something" is Beautiful, even though that one is sharp and bitter at first blast. My mother and sister have worn this and it stank to high hell on them, not to mention that I tried it and same thing! Does this really smell good on anyone? And does anyone use this stench sparingly? Because you do need to use very low doses of this potent stuff or we'll all die! SERIOUSLY! I find this to be one of the strongest and the worst of all perfumes. I'd rather die sufficating to death from Patchouli! I mean, Youth Dew comes to mind(or as I like to call it, Youth Pew!). That stuff seriously stinks BAD! Again, it has that death like trademark "something" that I've just mentioned! Like something left rotting up in your attic! Now, to be nice, I think Estee Lauder's perfumes are unique(you know, that death like quality!)in that I've NEVER come close to smelling anything like any of them.

on 7/14/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wow, this is an interesting fragrance. Aldehydic, floral, and woody-spicy at the same time. Supposed to smell like rose but I don't get a whole lot of rose at all. It's a serious fragrance so I don't think I'd wear this alot but really glad I tried anyways.

on 6/9/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a bit strong when sprayed sparingly - then it became 10 times stronger as the day wore on. It began to choke everyone around me until I washed it off.

on 1/8/2009 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How did I miss this one for so long. Mesmerizing and magical. Lush, rich, feminine, creamy, and sexy. This is a mature fragrance that also says come closer. I would have to check back to the Estee site to give the notes but I believe it contains jasmine which can be nauseating for me. Not in Knowing, this is just beautfilly blended and I hope it will be around forever, because that is how long I will be willing to buy it. Very pretty bottle too. As with all Lauders, goes on strong and needs to be applied judiciously. Long lasting and good sillage. This is for a mature woman in my opinion, 35 and up. Love, love, love. . .!!!

on 10/22/2008 9:07:00 PM

This is the first perfume my parents bought me as a teenager, and I still love it. The scent lasts all day just be careful not to apply too much. The notes in this perfume might be too strong for those that prefer a lighter scent. It even keeps its potency after a couple of years.

Popular Fragrances