Dove Purely Pampering in Almond Cream with Hibiscus

on 9/1/2016 7:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I would buy dove body wash again just not almond hibiscus .. It smells good in the bottle but while washing it takes on a bitter smell like iron or something I guess that's the almond ? I prefer the original scent and the pistachio cream I also have the vanilla Shea one and the caring bath and those are mediocre in smell the vanilla one smells like dove bar soap so common in smell and I don't really prefer it. The caring bath one has a thin texture and makes me itch .. I got these from a store that sells foreign foods so I'm wondering if the caring bath is authentic it has Arabic lettering on the back of the bottle? Idk but it's the one that causes itching so I will look it up and see if it's an authentic dove product. Kinda like the Chinese toothpaste I once bought smh.

This was given to me as a gift,I don't buy anything that is produced by Unilever myself as they test on animals.
Anyway I normally love products with an almond scent,but this one is sickly and synthetic,not really like almond at all,maybe the Hibiscus is overpowering it.
Good moisturising effect,doesn't lather much, you need more than you would normally use with a shower gel.

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/7/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just got done using this morning , the sent is great . It got rid of the dry skin i had . It was a bit too moisturzing for the warm months . Im buying this again when winter comes .

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

So far I have been using this this for two weeks and so far so good. I haven't broken out or makes my skin feel gross, like ants are crawling underneath my skin. The scent meshes well with my body chemistry. I kind of wish that it lathers more but that would defeat the purpose because lather actually dries out the skin and it is a cosmetic feature, nothing beneficial. It does make my skin feel a bit coated but I can deal with it at the present time because it is still chilly in my neck of the woods and the humidity is a bit on the low side. This would become my cold weather cleanser since my skin would get ridulously dry.

on 4/2/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Almond cream with hibiscus shower gel by dove got a marvellous scent! Tropical and sweet! it goes really well,it cleans without drying your skin, and it lathers really good! The smell is awsome and sweet! Love it!