L'Aveu - Facial Exfoliating Gel

L'Aveu - Facial Exfoliating Gel

3.1

on 3/16/2016 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't understand the fuss about this product. If you don't like it don't buy it. My mom has diabetes and having it, she has skin problems. What I mean is it have her darker skin and dark ring on her neck and face😞. When I first learned about this product I got her one and she loves it. The dark colors can down a whole lot and she loves it😀. So this product probably only works on center individual or they're using it wrong. We love it but just to exspenive.

on 2/21/2016 3:15:00 PM

The product produces nice, soft skin, BUT-- and this is a deal-breaker for me-- it stuck to every single tiny hair on my face. I never even knew those hairs were there. They aren't even visible, but it took almost half an hour to pick all the crud out of those hairs, and by the time I was done, my skin was so irritated, any positive results had been more than undone.

I tried rinsing with very warm water, holding a hot, damp cloth on the area, washing with the L'aveu face wash. Nothing but picking it off with tweezers worked. (And FYI, I also tried looking for information on the company's website: It's pretty and glossy, but has no real information.)

Now, this is NOT the first product of this type I've used. I also used the Peter Thomas Roth Peeling Gel, and it did NOT do this. (I just didn't love it enough to repurchase because of the scent, so I tried this one, which smells nice and softly clean.)

I'm so glad I didn't try this for the first time when I was getting ready to go out. I'd never have made it on time unless I was prepared to go out looking like I had leprosy, or was trying out for a part as an extra on The Walking Dead with balls of dead skin hanging from my face. Gross!

I guess it's back to the PTR for me, I guess. I actually do think it does what it says, but if you have any microscopic hairs on your face, give it a skip. (At least the PTR is less expensive, oh well...)

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know about what the other reviewers are saying about the little balls being the product.. maybe they didn't use it long enough, or already had pre-conceived notions about it. I wasn't going to pay the huge price, so talked the sales guy down to $39.

I had my doubts when I first used and thought the same as the other users.. that is was just the product, but I noticed as I was rinsing it off.. that the white sebum in my skin cells was sticking out.. this is what the "balls" were... I noticed I got more "balls" where I have more clogged pores, and less balls across my forehead. If it was the product, I would gets balls no matter where I rubbed.. and the same amount.

I've used this a number of times now. It definitely makes my skin feel very soft afterwards, and clears out my pores.

One reviewer said it was the same ingredient as cuticle remover. I don't know if this is true, but when you rub cuticle remover over your cuticle, it's not the product that balls up and rubs off.. it's the skin of the cuticle. So, in that theory... if there is some ingredient from cuticle remover in this... it would still be removing dead skin. I'm not sure I know exactly what her point was, except maybe she likes giving bad reviews?

I don't know that I would spend $89 for it, but I wouldn't spend that amount on any product. I will definitely buy it again.

on 9/6/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love it! It lasted me only 7 months so I wish I had stocked up on it while I had the chance. I know many people are skeptical but I love it because it takes off dirt from not just my face but my whole body! It's a great investment!

The salesman at Sam's Club said that it was skin that was being removed by the gel exfoliant. Later it seemed to just be little balls of the product. In spite of judiciously keeping the lid tightly closed, the gel is now practically like the sticky glue used in stabilizing products in packaging. The salesman said with the recommended use it would last about six months. It is unusable after two.

The soap and moisturizers are very pleasant to use, but so are products from the 99 Cents store. There was no printed information with the package. They are expensive products that do not include the ingredients that help repair skin.

Use your money wisely elsewhere.

Well, I must say this product seemed to work well when I was shown an example by the sales lady. I was super impressed by the fact that there existed a "gel" that could exfoliate my skin so rapidly and leave it looking so well on my one wrist. When I got it home I tried it again and started wondering what chemical this could possibly be and why have I not heard of this before. After thinking about it, I could only think of one concoction that could semi do this and it is cuticle remover. Well cuticle softener has been around for a while. I also wondered if this miracle exfoliating gel crafted by L'Aveu was really so miraculous so I decided to do a little experiment.

I took my favorite pair of Coach tennis shoes which were really dirty on the rubber parts and decided to use a plastic spoon to dip in the L'Aveu exfoliating gel and then applied it to the rubber portion of my shoe. I let it sit for about 20 seconds and began to rub it in a circle with my plastic spoon. Guess what? The little balls of stuff, that I had been told was my skin in the store, began to form on my tennis shoe. So how in the world was the rubber on my shoe producing the little balls of stuff just like my skin did?

The only answer I can assume is that the gel actually begins to dry out as it is rubbed and it forms the little balls on its own.

I feel really duped by this sales team and by this product. I will be returning my product set to the store where I purchased it.

Please do yourself a favor and do not buy into this set.

Wildangelicbabe

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the product and right away felt and you could see a difference in my skin. The one thing I don't like is that the company is not listed anywhere to be able to restock.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

No time to read the review? If you purchased this gel (and perhaps anything from the entire line)? Keep your receipt and get a refund.

L'Aveu means "The Confession" in English. Given that this product was an overpriced, unadulterated false premise? I suppose the confession is that, "Yeah, we just ripped you off, hope you didn't save the receipt."

Ah, dear fly-by-night cosmetics booth. Dear hawkers of crap products whom I almost had to flag down to get to pay attention to me...likely because I appeared too hard to swindle..

I kept the receipt, and will return this product tomorrow as for $85? And for the countless women I'm thinking paid for this nonsense without any clue of how to read and understand an ingredient listing? I'm hoping I can prevent someone else from making the mistake I did.

While the package I purchased contained an exfoliating gel, day + night cream, and daily cleanser? This review is only for the gel as I could tell by reading the ingredients on the other packaging that the products were mediocre at best. Mineral oil high in the ingredients of the creams, sodium laureth sulfate in the cleanser, all beneficial ingredients in too low of a concentration to have any effect beyond placebo, etc. But what hooked me was the "dead skin removal" I noticed when the associate used the gel on my wrist.

She applied a tiny bit, and rubbed. After approximately 15 seconds, tiny balls of "skin" appeared on my wrist where the product was being "activated." I have only used one product in my life which actually worked to that capacity--literally dissolving skin while friction was applied to it. It was a cuticle cream, Ms. Manicure was the brand, and the second ingredient was Subtilisin. It's a protein-digesting enzyme, and the cuticle cream was evidently taken off of the market.

So my Spider sense about this product was already going off, until I got everything home and began Googling the company. Didn't exist. No websites were listed on the product boxes, even though the associate swore that the product retailed for triple the price she was charging me. Finally found references to Innovage LLC, which is a wholesaler of T.D.O.T. Industries & Int'l Trade Ltd (an Israeli company, which I am only noting because the products were heavily spun to me as being more "authentic" because they were "foreign"). I was able to locate several other product lines from this company, all related to selling products with "Dead Sea Minerals."

Right before I applied the gel to my face, I double-checked several of my firm-hold hair products, as they use polyvinyl alcohol as a main ingredient--which was the second ingredient in the exfoliating gel. I knew that if I waited too long to apply the polyvinyl alcohol-based products to my hair? They began to form little balls between my fingers, as the ingredient basically acts like a rubber cement.

But I figured, well, I already have the gel, so I applied it to my dry face, and rubbed it for 20 seconds. Sure enough, the little balls of "skin" began to form (I've attached a picture). I rinsed the gel/"skin" mixture off, and 20 minutes later my face feels very dry. And looks exactly the same way it did before I applied the product. And feels the exact same way it did before I applied the product, except drier. It doesn't feel smoother. At all. I've seen more immediate exfoliation from my using a damp washcloth, warm water and nothing else. I've seen more immediate exfoliation from using teen-oriented acne pads.

I'm not going to go as far as saying that this gel is a complete waste of money. I'm not going to go as far as saying that this company is preying upon women who don't understand product ingredients, and how they perform. I'm not going to go as far as saying that people should stay away from anything related to the L'Aveu "franchise."

But I'm getting a refund tomorrow. And shame on them.

Popular Face Skincare Products