Ecotools Deluxe fan brush

Ecotools  Deluxe fan brush
Deluxe fan brush

4.7

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Love my new fan brush. I was looking for a product like this but not so fluffy. At the store I feel like i settled for this brush since I couldn't find what I was initially looking for, but after a number of uses, I fell in love! This works great for applying my Mary Lou Luminizer. The Eco brushes are a nice value.

Pretty good. I wish that it was a bit finer like its pricier counterparts. This brush is more like a powder brush in its density than a brush for precicrly adding small amounts of blush and highlighter. It is good for adding blush to the apples of the cheeks, does not shed, cleans easily, and is soft. I like that it is environmentally friendly. Try the line, you will be flad you did,

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/11/2016 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Before owning the ecotools fan brush, the one I had was small and thin. I wanted a fluffier and denser fan brush to apply my highlighter with instead of the small thin one I had. Originally I wanted the NYX one but couldn't find it in stores and it was pricier than the ecotools one. It was way more than I was willing to pay for a brush which I had intended for one purpose. Then I spotted the ecotools fan brush and the price was perfect. Not only that, the bristles are soft too. I had already washed it several times with Dr. Bronners soap and it held its shape and is still soft to the touch. It has not shed at all either. I love to use this to apply highlighter to my cheekbones and find that it picks up more product than my other fan brush. This brush can also be used to apply bronzer/contour or light wash of blush. But my main purpose for this brush is to apply highlighter.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great brush, it's fluffier, bigger and thicker than traditional fan brushes but I still like it and reach for it fairly often. I love ecotools brushes and I've never had even one that was poor quality. I wash my makeup brushes with a mixture of organic coconut oil, antibacterial dish soap and Bath & Body Works hand soap.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The biggest problem with Ecotools:
They do not wash well. One or two washes, and the bristles get pokey and lose their shape. (the brushes get fuzzy with a gentle wash)

Despite that, I picked up this fan brush. I had been looking for a fuller/larger fan brush for a while, something that didn't cost so much. I decided the size was right, and I could use a soft cloth and brush cleaner to spot clean.

The bristles are tapered up the side, so it does a really nice job of picking up product. The actual brush size is somewhat big, so this isn't the best brush for precise application. But it does taper to being fairly thin at the top, so I have found it to be quite versatile.

If you want a larger size, and more dense fan brush, this is a great choice at this price point. I just don't expect it to last very long.

on 10/23/2015 10:14:00 AM

I had wanted a fan brush that wouldn't break the bank, and this brush had a perfect rating, so I bought it online at Ulta. Sorry to ruin the 5 star streak, but I don't love this brush. I was really looking for a typical, precise fan brush that I could use to sweep on a touch of highlighter, or to dust off excess powder. This brush is too dense and clumsy to do that. When I wash it, it becomes even fluffier, and winds up being difficult to control.

on 10/21/2015 3:11:00 PM

Get it. Now. This brush is simply amazing. It is larger and more dense than the regular fan brush, but the sides are tapered so you can still achieve a very precise application. It's a multi-functional brush that applies powder products beautifully. The size is perfect for setting the face with powder, with the shape you can really get it in the cheekbones for contouring/bronzing, it works great for highlighting as well and although it is dense it applies blush softly. I use this brush daily, and I have yet to find any cons to it. Other pros are: The bristles are incredibly soft, it does not shed, cruelty free, eco-conscious and very affordable!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I owned only one fan brush and it was the Laura Mercier, which is thin, flat and great for applying gossamer layers of whatever you want to gossamer with. From the looks of the photo, I knew the Ecotools was much fuller, but I had no idea it was as thick, wide, and bushy as it is. Wasn't sure at first, but I've grown to love it. I use it to apply WNW Fergie's mattefying powder and my Neutrogena oil control powder. It never occurred to me to use it for blush/bronzer, but I think I'll give it a shot with my WNW Reserve Your Cabana, which is a great non-glittery highlighter for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for not only a good price pointe but full not flimsy, fan brush at Kroger & the EcoTools ("ET") was the only one they had wouldntyaknow but I couldn't have asked for a better DS brush! I had never previously owned a fan brush thinking I didn't need 1 but it is so useful for illuminators/highlight all of that shimmery good stuff! Mine was ~USD$6 & I love the they are cruelty free eco friendly would rather buy ET than ebay, Amazon, or aliexpress (just a few examples), & yes they are dupes & I own some but they may look like ET but not cruelty free necessarily guaranteed they are just esthetically similar w wooden handles & gawd-knows-what-bristles. Consumers speak volumes; if u buy cruelty-free then cosmetics companies will cater to us. If I buy a cheap(er) brush chances are I don't want to even know what it's materials composed of I got my brush but at what "cost?" Your dollar speaks! If u skip over that perfectly functional brush for something like ET ur telling the world u won't put up w crap like cruelty. The bristles are so soft the only deterrent for me between the other brands & the ET is purely financial. But the ET is extremely high quality, really outstanding. The softest best quality DS fan brush for a good price & availability is awesome coz my Kroger doesn't have many brushes selection.

Edit 9/18/15: Elf is also cruelty free btw.

great brush for the price

Popular Makeup Brushes