Maybelline New York Color Sensational in Mirrored Plum #240

No Image

This line is amazing and so is this color. It's purple but not club-kid purple, it strikes that happy medium between making a statement and then trying too hard. The gloss is very pigmented a little goes a very long way, it smells nice, it feels nice, it goes on smoothly and evenly and stays put for 2-3 hours. It's a very cool shade, I would not recommend for people with a warm skin tone. I don't know what the regular price is but I bought mine from Ebay for like $3 with shipping.

on 9/21/2013 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

So happy I found this lip gloss. I had to order on eBay because I missed out while it was in stores. Looks great with the Brazen Berry lipstick

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This gloss is so gorgeous! It's the purple-est gloss I've seen at the drugstore. It looks great over Revlon's Berry Haute lipstick. I wish it weren't limited edition, but look for it on eBay if you can. If you like purple, you'll want this one!

These Maybelline glosses have replaced Revlon Super Lustrous as my favorite drugstore lipglosses. They are all fantastic. They are non-sticky, packed with pigment, and are shiny and lovely on the lips. I love the packaging as well, it looks so sleek, simple, and even has a high-end feel to it.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Mirrored Plum is the second Color Sensational gloss I've purchased recently. I was not familiar with these glosses until I read about the excitement it was generating, particularly as an acceptable substitute for the highly anticipated MAC Heroine lipglass. I have seen swatches of Heroine and I agree that Mirrored Plum is just as lovely, and a whole lot cheaper! The gloss wears well and doesn't bleed or feather. It's also not as sticky as MAC lipglass. One could run into a problem trying to find this gloss, however. Several people, including me, have had a difficult time locating it. It is part of a special, limited edition display and there are possibly only two of each color. It took me trips to seven stores before I finally found it.