Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder
Shine Free Oil-Control Loose PowderShine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Silica Silylate, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)Maybelline reformulated without parabens (yaaay)and urea

on 10/18/2017 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Shade: 01 Light
Foundation Shade: NC15

After years, I have finally managed to use up this product! I think this is a pretty average powder. It does work very well for controlling my oil, so I'll give it that. It also is not translucent so you can definitely use it on top of your bronzer or blush if you feel like you were too heavy handed with them.
The only downside is that it does look quite powdery when I apply this onto my skin. Also the packaging is a bit bulky, and the lid comes off very easily. Definitely not a powder for traveling.

[1]

This is in my top 3 favorite setting powders. I even find myself using this as a powder foundation occasionally. It has very light coverage but definitely gives a little coverage. It works amazingly, it doesn't cake up and doesn't make your face look powdery. The applicator it comes with helps to apply the product if you want more coverage, but if you just want to use it to set a foundation or bb cream I recommend using a fluffy brush to apply the product. I will admit it is a little on the pricey side for drugstore, but I still enjoy it a lot and would 100% repurchase.

I bought this powder in the solid compact and HATED it. This loose version is sooo much better. I really am not crazy about loose powders because they are a pain and get everywhere. But this stuff is worth it. Not expensive and does the job.

on 8/24/2016 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have very oily skin so it doesn't control my oil but I wasn't really expecting it to. I used to use the pressed powder so I decided to try the loose powder. I have it medium but it doesn't show any color once applied to the skin. I don't travel with it but I think a twist cap would be better. It sets my foundation well it's finely milled and has no scent. I can see this lasting quite some time you get a lot of product. I would suggest you only remove half the sticker on the sifter to reduce the mess (I included a pic to demonstrate how I cut mine) I would repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I only wish the lid screwed on. This stuff works wonderfully to set liquid and cream foundations/concealers, especially with a damp beauty blender. Very little coverage, but that's not what I want. No caking or creasing, for once. It's my favorite setting powder.

on 5/22/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I was originally going to pick up a different powder, but when I saw that this was 40% off (only $10 at the reduced price) I had to try it. I've never used a loose powder before, so I'm glad that this one ended up being decent.

I picked up the powder in Light 01, which is still a bit too orange and dark for my skin unless I just very lightly dust it on, but dusting it on gives it a better finish anyway.

One of the downsides is the package. I don't really care that it's bulky, and I LOVE the blue lid, but it comes open really easily. Sucks for me as I carry around this powder in my handbag for touch ups and I have to use tape to keep it closed just in case. I would NOT want this opening in my handbag.

Other than that, it covers my VERY oily skin pretty well. I'd say about 5 hours, MAYBE having to do a touch up if it's a particularly hot (above 100f) day. It feels smooth to touch, but is quite "grippy" if that makes sense. If I glide my hand along my face, it doesn't glide across, it's almost slightly sticky.

I don't like the applicator that Maybelline includes, so I use a fluffy medium-large powder brush (flat top) and it gives a much better application. It's really important to get even coverage, otherwise the powder will look patchy.

If you mess around with it a bit, you can probably figure out a way to make it work with your skin, no matter the type.

It's pretty good for baking, when I do, but it seems to prevent creases anyway so that's a plus.

Overall I'd recommend this powder and will likely purchase it again.

EDIT: After seeing how it looks in direct sunlight, I've reserved this powder for baking and if I know I'll be staying inside. It looks VERY patchy in sunlight and when you start sweating. Probably won't buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

All I can say is I love this stuff!!! This is better than using a press powder. With press powders sometimes your skin can look all cakey etc. But using just a little bit of this powder goes a long way. As for oil control for a summers day it can control upto 5 hours of oil i'd say you might have to apply here and there depending on how oily you get. But so far I can say this is one of the best loose powders I've tried :)

on 11/18/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

If you're looking for a good, cheap setting powder, I defiantly would suggest this product. My skin personally is slightly oily, and acne-prone. This product does control the oil for about 1-2 hours (depending on what I am doing), but after that my face becomes slightly oily. I defiantly recommend this product, because even though oil isn't completely controlled, this product does help me with shine, and gives a flawless matte finish.

on 11/18/2014 10:12:00 PM

I've been using this powder for years. It's a good translucent powder which makes your face matte but doesn't cake up. Easy to apply.

on 4/18/2015 12:03:00 AM

This is a great loose powder, especially for oily t-zones like mine! I like how lightweight and non-cakey this product is. I just dust a bit over my foundation, usually just my t-zone only, and it really does help keep shine at bay for a little longer. I would recommend not uncovering all the holes, I just uncover a few with the seal covering the rest, so the container does not fill up with powder and get messy. I do use a pressed powder to touch up on the go, because carrying a large jar of loose powder and a brush is not practical, but for setting foundation or just for sopping up oil on bare skin, this works great!