Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

3.5

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bare in mind I have dry skin so my only use for a powder is to set makeup/ if I apply too much primer

The bad
- you have to use alot if product for it to work and it ends up making things cakey
-the lid might as well not exsist like you'll have powder all over the place

Honestly go buy inglots amc loose powder so much better and not that pricey.

on 5/22/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I was originally going to pick up a different powder, but when I saw that this was 40% off (only $10 at the reduced price) I had to try it. I've never used a loose powder before, so I'm glad that this one ended up being decent.

I picked up the powder in Light 01, which is still a bit too orange and dark for my skin unless I just very lightly dust it on, but dusting it on gives it a better finish anyway.

One of the downsides is the package. I don't really care that it's bulky, and I LOVE the blue lid, but it comes open really easily. Sucks for me as I carry around this powder in my handbag for touch ups and I have to use tape to keep it closed just in case. I would NOT want this opening in my handbag.

Other than that, it covers my VERY oily skin pretty well. I'd say about 5 hours, MAYBE having to do a touch up if it's a particularly hot (above 100f) day. It feels smooth to touch, but is quite "grippy" if that makes sense. If I glide my hand along my face, it doesn't glide across, it's almost slightly sticky.

I don't like the applicator that Maybelline includes, so I use a fluffy medium-large powder brush (flat top) and it gives a much better application. It's really important to get even coverage, otherwise the powder will look patchy.

If you mess around with it a bit, you can probably figure out a way to make it work with your skin, no matter the type.

It's pretty good for baking, when I do, but it seems to prevent creases anyway so that's a plus.

Overall I'd recommend this powder and will likely purchase it again.

EDIT: After seeing how it looks in direct sunlight, I've reserved this powder for baking and if I know I'll be staying inside. It looks VERY patchy in sunlight and when you start sweating. Probably won't buy it again.

To Read all 132 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/18/2015 12:03:00 AM

This is a great loose powder, especially for oily t-zones like mine! I like how lightweight and non-cakey this product is. I just dust a bit over my foundation, usually just my t-zone only, and it really does help keep shine at bay for a little longer. I would recommend not uncovering all the holes, I just uncover a few with the seal covering the rest, so the container does not fill up with powder and get messy. I do use a pressed powder to touch up on the go, because carrying a large jar of loose powder and a brush is not practical, but for setting foundation or just for sopping up oil on bare skin, this works great!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

All I can say is I love this stuff!!! This is better than using a press powder. With press powders sometimes your skin can look all cakey etc. But using just a little bit of this powder goes a long way. As for oil control for a summers day it can control upto 5 hours of oil i'd say you might have to apply here and there depending on how oily you get. But so far I can say this is one of the best loose powders I've tried :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE IT! Gives you a very flawless almost photoshopped finish (I bought this in shade medium)! Makes it look like your skin is blurred! Great for touch ups, and doesn't give you cake face (it has a sheer coverage)! This is my everyday powder!

on 11/18/2014 10:12:00 PM

I've been using this powder for years. It's a good translucent powder which makes your face matte but doesn't cake up. Easy to apply.

on 11/18/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

If you're looking for a good, cheap setting powder, I defiantly would suggest this product. My skin personally is slightly oily, and acne-prone. This product does control the oil for about 1-2 hours (depending on what I am doing), but after that my face becomes slightly oily. I defiantly recommend this product, because even though oil isn't completely controlled, this product does help me with shine, and gives a flawless matte finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I enjoyed this loose powder, however, it was completely not the right shade for me. It only comes in two shades which is quite disappointing. I got it in the shade light and it had a strong orange tint that definitely did not compliment my skin tone.

Maybelline do powder foundation very well. This loose powder goes on smoothly to create a flawless finish. It keeps my makeup matte all day. The Medium 02 is great for my neutral/warm undertone and doesn't make me look too pale like some loose powders can. I think this is a great budget powder and I will continue to use it.

on 6/2/2014 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If you're looking for a good, cheap loose setting powder then look no further than Maybelline's Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder.
Finely milled, this loose powder is a must-have staple for every basic makeup kit. For someone on a budget, the product is a godsend.
It's affordable, and does exactly what it's supposed to without looking cakey. It leaves your skin feeling luxuriously silken when applied with a fluffy brush, and does a fantastic job at further masking redness.
The powder is guaranteed to last all day and is perfect for night time as it doesn't react to flash photography.
The product itself will last a long time; I have had mine for over four months and I am a heavy makeup user.

If you're looking for a matte loose powder but you don't want to bust your budget, then you definitely need to give this product a try.