Boots Botanics Organic Facial Oil

Boots  Botanics Organic Facial Oil
Botanics Organic Facial Oil

4.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Rosa Canina Seed Oil*, Limonene**, Citronellol**, Pelargonium Graveolens Leaf Oil*, Geraniol**, Citrus Aurantium Sinensis Peel Extract*, Linalool**, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*, Citral**, Citrus Lemon Peel Oil*. *Contains Certified Organic Ingredients. **Natural occurring in essential oils listed.

on 5/15/2017 12:41:00 PM

Luxurious oil packed with nourishment from rosehip oil and others.

Lovely oil texture, golden colour and looks wonderful in the dropper bottle. Attractive "green" scent I love the way this oil moisturises my skin without being heavy and how my skin seems to be thankful for it. The result is that my skin just glows.

I would certainly purchase again and it stands head and shoulders with or even above t's very expensive counterparts.

I would certainly recommend adding this to your regime for a little extra moisture boosting or in the colder months or drier climates (great during a flight). You could easily use it all year round, but pair it up with a good SPF in the daytime if you use it in the morning.

A golden marvel!

on 1/10/2017 1:44:00 AM

"Boots", Botanics facial oil 100% organic, has ruin my face. I tried it for about three to four months, I really liked the way my skin was looking, and smelled great, but then I started noticing dark spots on my face. I thought it will go away and my face will clear up if I stop using it, not the case. My face got so inflamed that two plus years later, I have not gotten any better. My skin tone is naturally light and fair, and now my face looks like I suffered a very bad burn, its dark and not pretty to look at. I am embarrassed to take pictures or to come around my friends, because they see me and right away they mock my damage face look. This product needs to be removed from the market. I do not recommend anyone to use this product. If you already started, please stop and seek medical care immediately. I am serious!!! It will cause serious facial damage. As per my doctor, something in the ingredient caused me a very bad reaction.

HG face oil! I have acne prone, oily/combo skin. I have always been an oil-free obsessed person, afraid of breakouts. I was so so scared to try putting an oil on my face, however this stuff is life changing in the dead of winter! I use this around my mouth and laugh lines.

PROS:
-Absorbs quickly into the skin, hydrates severe dry patches
-Scent is addicting! Sweet/light/natural smelling. Maybe the almond oil smells super good?
-Soothing and helps soften skin
-NO breakouts! As long as you don't over use it! 1-3 drops is all you need and use it every other day if everyday-use is too greasy for you. I have used too much before, I used 4-5 drops two days in a row in the summer and it cause 1-2 pimples to form. I went a little too ham because I loved it so much!
-Mixes with foundation!! Makes any matte foundation glide on and gives a dewy finish
-Pairs well under foundation!! I use this with estee lauder double wear and MAC studio fix fluid. Helps prevent cakeyness

CONS:
-Just don't over use it. A little goes a long way. Too much of a good thing is bad. Causes pimples if you use it too frequent and use too many drops.

on 8/6/2016 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATED REVIEW: If you have oily, acne-prone skin, please DO NOT use this stuff on its own; whenever I do, I end up with major breakouts; apparently that's a really common side effect of facial oils when you have skin like mine. The only way I can use this now is 2-3 drops combined with my moisturizer.
PREVIOUS REVIEW: Despite my oiliness, I have a lot of flakiness from acne. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and have to say I really like it! I typically use 2-3 drops with my regular moisturizer (CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion), but every now and then I'll use it on its own. I've tried gel moisturizers but don't like them because they absorb quickly and leave my skin feeling tight. This one does a great job of making my skin feel plump and healthy. Despite my acne, I haven't noticed this breaking me out. In fact my skin is feeling a lot smoother these days. Any moisturizer that doesn't break me out, feels comfortable on my face, and makes my skin feel smooth is a win in my book.

I think this works better than Vintner's Daughter's Serum AND it's way cheaper too, I love it!

I was looking for a facial oil to moisturize my skin. I picked this up after hearing about it from Makeup Geek, but it didn't work for me. I love the dropper, and the product is very moisturizing. I do wish that the packaging wasn't clear, because active ingredients over time can break down. But that is easily solved by keeping it away from light. Also, the scent is really strong. The reason why I gave this such a bad review was that it broke me out! I didn't introduce anything new into my skincare routine, and I was getting acne on parts of my face that I NEVER get acne (like my temples and my chin). If you're not acne prone, this might be something you want to try, but overall I wouldn't recommend it.

This is a really nice oil for the price. I have a bunch of them and kind of forgot about this one. My favorite use for it is to mix it with BB cream (I like Skinfood) to make a sheerer, more natural-looking cream. I HATE the feeling of heaviness on my face, and the BB cream seems to take away some of the greasiness of this oil.

It isn't instantly removing my 44 years of living off my face (nothing could) but it's a great oil. I've used a lot of high end ones and I can't tell much difference with it compared to those. Good stuff!

on 7/19/2016 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They recently updated there products and no longer sells this at the price that i bought it. At the time i bought , I paid 8.99 for it now i believe it sells for 12.99 or 15.99. Really bummed that the price went up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUPE FOR SMASHBOX PRIMER OIL........ So I had been going back and fourth to buy the SmashBox Primer Oil. Tho it was a bit pricey, I happened to be at Target and i had read online that this oil was pretty good. And needed an oil for my face since it was super dry. So I grab this bought not thinking much on it. So in the same shopping center , there was ulta. I went in and decide to buy it since i needed a primer. Since i was already there i decided to bust out my Botanics oil. And i began to read the Primer Oil and decide to compare them side by side. OMG that when i notice its the exact same ingredients just couple of ingredients where missing. I goggled each missing ingredient and i concluded i can live with out this couple ingredients. I was happy that i bought this Botanics oil and way cheaper than the Smashbox Primer Oil. I will for sure be stocking up......

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used to go through bottles and bottles of this stuff. It is a great product overall. It made my skin look fresher within 12 hours of application so I can say it definitely worked. It can be very pricey (as we all see that most organic items are) so keep that in mind when purchasing but it is nice knowing you aren't putting "junk ingredients or chemicals) on your face.

This product is highly recommended! Recently having returned from Paris, where late nights, wine drinking and generally eating crap food was the norm.. my skin was at it's worst it has been in years, cystic acne and dry flaky skin covered my skin area.

I bought this on my return home as my skin needef some TLC, it is an oil so can be quite heavy so I mix with my aveeno moisturizer for day use and use alone at night. This stuff has been my absolute saviour, my skin is glowing. I highly recommend for those with dry, combination skin.