3.2

Reviews

3.0
from

4 years ago

I find that pink polishes are streakier in application. I love the colour on my skintone though, for some reason it just works really well and seems to last decently. Takes 3 layers to go opaque. One layer would be pretty and sheer if it wasn't a streaky formula.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

from

6 years ago

I'm about to go travelling, and I always choose a light shade to wear and take when I'm going away. I learned my lesson about trying to take a base coat and top coat as well or attempting to use one of those base-and-top-coat in one. Having used other Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes before, I knew that I was a fan so I grabbed Royal Blush. Royal Blush is a pinky-peach semi-sheer shade that isn't too milky (depending on your skin tone). With three coats this colour is almost opaque, but there is still some slight VNL. I actually don't mind a bit of sheerness, but I find that it's a very subjective preference so you probably won't be a fan if you crave a strong and opaque colour. I love the colour though. Soft without being super girly or make me look pasty. Very appropriate for travel as chips were barely visible. I tested the claims of requiring no base and top coat. I found I got a couple of chips after about 5 days of wear. I removed the polish after 7 due to my bad habit of peeling nail polish off once it starts to chip. Not bad considering how I rushed to put it on. As for application, I really like the brush. It's easy to control; however, I swear mine is cut asymmetrically - something is a little off about it. However, it has a nice width and stiffness that allows me to work easily with it. Although it may have been the cut of my particular brush (I plan on re-cutting it I think), I did find that it didn't quite apply too evenly, but I find that this is usually not a big deal when you are used to applying 2-3 coats anyways. All around a good natural/neutral polish to have on hand. I recommend having one that is marketed as "completed" even if it is just that peace of mind it gives when you don't have the time to or want to do a complete manicure. I would say that this colour is not necessarily essentially. There are other great natural colours in the line that would do the trick!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

6 years ago

Royal Blush is a pale peach creme polish. This is a great nude shade and looks warm on my skintone. This goes on sheer but builds up with 3 coats and there is still some visible nail line. I like the flat brush in this, it makes it easier to apply polish and I can get a nice edge with it. The polish goes on without streaking, flooding, running, or balding with additional coats. This polish wore very well for me and I had no chips and only minimal tip wear after 5 days of use. This is a nice office friendly neutral shade, but it is a little boring. I would have liked this better if it had some subtle shimmer or something to make it more memorable. This is a decent polish overall though.

About reviewer (442 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This is a pale peach polish. Like other Sally Hansen CSM polishes you do need 3 coats.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

7 years ago

What a disappointment. Generally I like these polishes, my favorite is Shell We Dance - and I thought this new nude-looking color would be perfect for Spring. It streaked terribly upon application, even with a base coat, 2 coats of color, and a top coat and didn't change upon drying. Then it chipped the next day. Tossed it in the garbage.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age36-43