Fresh Sugar Lip treatment SPF15 Petal

4.3

I am not a girl to wear pink. I'm not a fan of pastels or bright shades or bubblegum. That being said, Petal is absolutely beautiful. When I need a professional looking lip shade this is it. It has just enough hint of a mauve/pink/nude for me to earn it a place as my current favorite Fresh Balm. A note that is worth mentioning: I have this in full size and mini. The mini is unstable at times, it moves around a lot in its tube, and sometimes it is a little too thick/gloppy on my lips. The full size has had none of those issues.

I wore this today for a meeting. Put it on at 11:30 and got home at 5. Ate around 4. Though the color faded away my lips were still pleasantly creamy feeling. Rubbing them together right now I feel that smooth telltale sign of a rich balm.

I happen to love Fresh Sugar Lip treatments. The raising price? Not so much. But the thing is that I have yet to find any balm/chapstick/lipstick that can take its place. The Cover Girl Gimme Sugar? A waste of time. They are decently comparable, I suppose, but lack the pigmentation and the soothing feel on the lips. The packaging is also lacking in my book. A little too teenage makeup compared to the sleek metal of Fresh.

I've heard people complain about the 'floral smell' and the ' lemon pledge'. As someone who uses Pledge on a daily basis I wonder at those comments because there is a HUGE difference. I happen to love the scent. It has become somewhat of a scent memory now for the amount of time I have continued to use this stuff. To also comment on the fact that a lot of people ask for this product in a tube or other type of format, you have to realize that the thing that makes this product great is its thickness. If you put it in a squeeze tube what is going to happen? Its going to end up like the Victoria Secret lip glosses. It is going to get messy and you think heat is an issue in a metal case? Try a tube in the sun getting more melty by the minute and you try to squeeze that stuff out. More product would be wasted.

My lips react to a lot of products. Nivea, some Burts Bees, and the ever popular Revlon balm stains. They've never reacted unpleasantly to Fresh which is fantastic. The added spf is just the icing on the top. Another thing to mention is that this shade is one of the sheerer silky types. Cherry is creamier, Rose is Silky, Petal is silky, Honey is creamy, Coral is silky.

What I love about this is its colour; it's very hard for me to find a soft pink shade that looks good on me as I have warm skin undertones. It has that right amount of pink and brown-nude that gives me enough pink without straying from my natural lip colour. The formula is amazing as well! Very moisturising yet light; it doesn't feel greasy as other lip balms.

However, this tends to become very soft when it's warm, so be careful when applying as it'll fall off. What I like to do in situations like that is to dab it on lightly on my lips and pressing my lips together after that.

What I like about the packaging is that it "screws" on and off rather than "popping", which makes it very secure. Not a big fan of how easily the packaging and its lettering get scrapped off, though.

Overall, a good lip balm for everyday wear. Ultra hydrating, has SPF, and comes in a gorgeous colour.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

I hated this lippie at first. The color was too bright, (I thought at the time), & it wouldn't stay in my lipline. I've changed my mind! Now, I love it. This will smear if I try to apply it to my whole lip area, but I've found that applying the product to just the center of my bottom lip is more than enough & then it spreads out evenly, also gives the perfect color lip tint.

I love this color, and I don't know if it is because I don't mind putting it on more, or if it actually does last longer, but it is my FAVORITE of all of the tinted Sugar Lip Treatments. So, basically, similar to what I've said about all the others - great color (OH, so I only said that about this one), less of a bad taste than the others, lasts a decent time (it's no lip stain but it's impressive for basically a tinted chapstick), but is a bit overpriced. I'd still probably buy it again, but it lasts a ridiculously long time for just one stick.

I have this in the mini version that came in the set they sell at Sephora. My experience with tinted lip balms is limited to mostly drugstore (aka Maybelline Baby Lips) and I can say that the extra bucks are worth it.

This is sheer rosy pink and looks quite natural with one layer. As you build it up, the colour can become a bit more pink and vibrant so be aware of that if you want something natural. The sheen that it gives off helps make my lips look a bit fuller.

It feels very hydrating going on and the citrus/jojoba oil scent that lasts an hour or two, and I love that about it.

The texture is quite different. Baby Lips are slick (even slightly gritty in the case of the Crystal line). The Fresh lip treatments are slightly tacky when you press your lips together, but not as much as some lip glosses tend to be.

The staying power with the Fresh lip treatments are pretty decent. They will wear off when you eat/drink but the moisture stays even after the colour has worn off.

This is lovely if you don't mind the splurge

This is a little gem of a product and I really love everything about it. It moisturizes really well AND it has fairly good staying power for what it is. The color shows up really nicely on my very fair complexion, so I can skip any other lip products when applying. I am also grateful for the SPF 15, since in the last year or so I`ve started noticing dark spots appearing on my lips. And last, but not least, I`m really enjoying the scent, citrusy, fruity, sweet, and this is rare for me, as I generally prefer unscented cosmetics. The packaging actually screws close, preventing it from opening accidentally in your bag. We have a winner!

Love how long it lasts, the color & how soft my lips become. Better than anything you can get at the drug store

I remember using this a few years ago when I received it as a Sephora bonus. Call me crazy, but I think the formula has changed! I remember it being more pigmented, smooth, and creamy. I purchased this product in the shade "Petal," which is supposed to be a subtle, nude tint. On my lips, it appeared more coral. The ingredients also irritated my lips, giving me redness around the mouth. The only upside to this product is the gorgeous smell! Very citrus-y and slightly sweet. However, I am not willing to pay the crazy sum of $24 for something as basic as a pleasing scent. The sunscreen ingredients are also unstable when combined, so the product does not offer the SPF 15 that it advertises. I ended up returning it, and would not purchase it again. For anyone interested in a subtle tint with no sun protection, try Nivea Kiss of Cherry. (This is a great dupe for the Fresh Sugar Rose balm.) Just remember to add a sunscreen underneath it. For a great, citrus scented lip balm, try Jane Iredale's lip drink. Very similar scent to Fresh's overpriced product.
***I repurchased this in the rose color, but only because I was given a Sephora gift card. I like it, but I won't be changing my rating. It's not as moisturizing as nivea, lypsyl, or dr.bronners. It has a slightly tingly feeling. It plumps and colors my lips, but I prefer other balms. It's also CRAZY EXPENSIVE FOR THE AMOUNT YOU GET!!!Seriously, almost $25 for .15 oz?I wouldn't pay that much for skin care. The stick of balm is hardly half the length of the whole tube, and I've used quite a bit since yesterday. It's a thin balm and it melts easily, so don't leave it in the car or keep it in your pocket. When I bought this, I tossed out my Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick(absolute rubbish)and a burt's bees tinted lip balm. I normally use up products until they're gone, but the cost of the latter two combined is the price of the one tube of Fresh I got for free. I'll be buying something else next time.***

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Canadian winters are approaching and they are not forgiving at all - especially to my poor lips :(. I've used a few different tinted lip balms before (ex. Burt's Bee's), but this is by far my favourite! The packing is absolutely beautiful; I love how it is a twist cap so no more accidents of caps coming off in my bag. However, the material of the tube is this... metal finish, so it does get scratched easily :(.

I originally bought this product in Tulip, but I couldn't feel comfortable it in, since my comfort zone is in the nude/pinky tones. THIS SHADE IS PERFECCCCTTTTT. It's exactly the shade that I was looking for!

It's difficult to describe the scent of the product, but it does smell quite pleasant :). It isn't overpowering, but it doesn't smell like I slathered Vaseline on my lips. The texture is very comfortable; the product stays on my lips, it feels thick enough to be moisturizing, but it does not feel too sticky.

I used this product ALL THE TIME. Although it is a bit more on the expensive side (~$26CAD), I do feel the difference between something like this on the high end side versus a product like Burt's Bees or Nivea. WILL REPURCHASE FOR SURE!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is just lovely. I was worried when I purchased it because I thought it wouldn't show up on me but it does. It's a gorgeous, fresh (no pun intended) take on the everyday brownish-pink/pinky-brown I've been wearing for years--lighter in texture and slightly lighter in color, more feminine and flattering, yet sophisticated. On my pigmented lips, it's a midtone dusty pink and looks slightly darker than it does in the tube. And it's easy to adjust the depth of color by the amount you apply. One swipe is great for a casual look; more for a dressier or more professional take. I love the Fresh Tinted Lip Treatments and have no problems with the scent/texture, but that's personal preference. I highly recommend this if you're looking for an everyday shade that's pretty yet appropriate for pretty much any occasion.

Popular Lip Treatments