CeraVe Face Lotion SPF 50

CeraVe  Face Lotion SPF 50

2.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4.9%....Purpose: Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 4.7%....Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Peg-8 Laurate, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Trisiloxane, Arachidyl Alcohol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Hydrated Silica, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 Ll, Ceramide 1, Niacinamide, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Stearate, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Arachidyl Glucoside, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Bisabolol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ehtylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Pantothenic Acid/Yeast Polypeptide, Peg-8, Xanthan Gum, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Disodium Edta, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Triethoxycaprylysilane.

on 7/20/2017 9:26:00 AM

I really like this sunscreen, but I can also see why it might be problematic for a lot of people. It does dry with a slight whitish cast - for me personally, this has the effect of brightening my skin because I am so insanely pale. If you are not the color of a freshly disinterred corpse, this whitish cast might be too much. I haven't experienced any issues with my sensitive skin, and this seems to do its job guarding against sun damage. Not the most moisturizing product in the world, so if you have very dry skin this might not be the one for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Okay, okay - I'm in the minority here as other reviewers totally hate this product, but for me, it works well.

I can't really use chemical sunscreens as they make my sensitive skin react. Everything breaks me out and/or causes my rosacea to get even worse, so it's a double whammy as sun is no good for rosacea either. On top of that, I've started using a retinol product (MUAC .30% - great stuff BTW) so now I've REALLY got to be careful with sun.

So here is how I get this Cerave mineral sunscreen to work for me: first off, I mix a pea-size dab of Embroylisse Lait-Creme with 2 drops of MUAC argan oil and apply that to my face and neck. I let it sit a few minutes and then apply the Cerave, (AFTER SHAKING IT), working in small sections. And yep, it does "dry" with a whitish film, which is the nature of the beast of zinc/TO sunscreens. I have pale skin, so it's not that big a deal to me and it actually helps to even out all the red on my face AND I then apply a couple of layers of mineral makeup (Monave or Suncat) over that. My makeup mostly looks great doing this (unfortunately, some of the worse of my "fine lines" are more noticeable, but again, I have layers of stuff on my face), and it holds up well until the night. Granted I am pushing 60 and have dry skin (don't know how this would hold up with younger, oily skin), but as they say YMMV.

Removing all of the layers is a 2 step process: first oil makeup remover (I like Silk Naturals) and then a face wash. My skin feels good, not dry or tight, and all the stuff is removed.

This product is not going to work well or many people, and lots of makeups are not going to work with it (thus people having issues with their makeup or sunscreen "balling up"). If you use mineral or powder makeup it works. If you decide to give it a try, buy it from a store with a good return policy and keep the receipt. "nuff said.

on 5/11/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Geez. i love just about everything cerave so when it was on bogo i picked this up. I'm not very picky about sunscreens but this is awful! as everyone has already mentioned, this will make your face white! i am ridiculously pale and stay out of the sun but this is like geisha paint! it settles into every nook and cranny too. pass on this.

on 5/5/2017 9:04:00 PM

Wow. This is the worst sunscreen I have ever tried. I nearly chose to go without with a UV index of 11, because a terrible burn may have been less embarrassing than the white glaze on everything with this mess. Imagine rubbing enough antiperspirant on your bathing suit and body to ball up and leave a film and you have this product. Love cerave, but this went in the trash. I don't know how this is sold in stores.

on 2/24/2017 9:54:00 PM

I wanted to like this sunscreen. It definitely leaves a white cast, and I'm very fair. That doesn't bother me as much as how badly it's breaking me out! My skin has never hated a product so much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff was so nasty I was embarrassed to be seen wearing it. Like I would not even leave my house with it on and I felt a certain level of shame when my boyfriend saw me. It's just a disgusting formula, like many of the US drugstore options. The white-cast is awful, it's thick and goopy, will not dry down...at all. This sunscreen will make your foundation cake up. I can not imagine wearing a full 1/4 tsp of this daily. Within minutes of applying 1/8th (just for testing) it felt like my face "couldn't breathe". All the powder in the world could not set this formula to even a satin finish... it's pure grease.

My review is quite short but there's really nothing positive to note about this sunscreen other than I like that Cerave incorporated ceramides into the formula. Other than that... this is going in the trash.

ETA: This broke me out after just one day. I suspected it would based off how disgusting it felt on my skin but DAMN I can not stress enough what a god awful product this is.

Heavy, smelly, leaves a white cast. Awful product, horrible! Doesn't rub in very well, stays on top of the skin and smells badly.

on 5/28/2016 9:27:00 PM

This inVisible word is so misleading!
I was looking for a cosmetically elegant physical sunscreen which i would be able to use under makeup. Unfortunately it leaves the qhitw cast which does not disappear no matter how much i rub it in.
When i put my sheer coverage bb cream on top it looks too cakey.
The texsture is a liitle gritty too, not completely but there are some grits in there for whatever reason.
17$ is too much for such a poor texture.
PS. I mix thia spf with my bare minerals loose bronzer to get rid of white cast and it works perfect. No more white face plus pretty descent protection, granted i dont go out in the time when sun is blazing.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Invisible zinc? This is white face paint.

on 4/3/2016 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wanted to love this stuff, I really did. I tried, too. But I hate it.

I can't really use chemical sunscreens because they make my skin itch and burn, and eventually make me break out. So, I was on the hunt for a good physical sunscreen after having no reaction to Maybelline's BB creme that had titanium dioxide as the sunscreen. I did some searching and finally found this, and I remembered how many good things I'd heard about CeraVe over the years, so I bought it.

Big mistake. This stuff will not work for my skin. I have combination, sensitive, acne prone skin and this stuff either slides around when I try to put on my primer and foundation, or it pills up. It also makes my foundation (every kind I've tried) look scaly and flaky from the start, then it oxidizes super fast so I look orange after an hour or two, even with foundations I never had that problem with when I didn't use this stuff.

I don't mind the white-ish film, because it honestly helps my foundation look more like my skin when it's first applied (I'm super pale, so sometimes my foundations are like half a shade off without mixing in some white), but the feeling of it is so heavy and weird. It's like I have a clay mask on my face or something.

Basically, it's like this for me...

Pros:
Sunscreen
I didn't have an allergic reaction
I don't think it made me break out worse

Cons:
Feels so heavy
Never seems to dry properly
Does not spread easily
Does not dry clear
Makes my makeup apply horribly, even with primer

If I had an emergency need for facial sunscreen, and this was the only product available, I would use it. But I wouldn't be happy about it.