CeraVe Face Lotion SPF 50

CeraVe  Face Lotion SPF 50

2.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4.9%....Purpose: Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 4.7%....Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Peg-8 Laurate, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Trisiloxane, Arachidyl Alcohol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Hydrated Silica, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 Ll, Ceramide 1, Niacinamide, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Stearate, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Arachidyl Glucoside, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Bisabolol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ehtylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Pantothenic Acid/Yeast Polypeptide, Peg-8, Xanthan Gum, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Disodium Edta, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Triethoxycaprylysilane.

Heavy, smelly, leaves a white cast. Awful product, horrible! Doesn't rub in very well, stays on top of the skin and smells badly.

on 5/28/2016 9:27:00 PM

This inVisible word is so misleading!
I was looking for a cosmetically elegant physical sunscreen which i would be able to use under makeup. Unfortunately it leaves the qhitw cast which does not disappear no matter how much i rub it in.
When i put my sheer coverage bb cream on top it looks too cakey.
The texsture is a liitle gritty too, not completely but there are some grits in there for whatever reason.
17$ is too much for such a poor texture.
PS. I mix thia spf with my bare minerals loose bronzer to get rid of white cast and it works perfect. No more white face plus pretty descent protection, granted i dont go out in the time when sun is blazing.

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Invisible zinc? This is white face paint.

on 4/3/2016 4:14:00 PM

I wanted to love this stuff, I really did. I tried, too. But I hate it.

I can't really use chemical sunscreens because they make my skin itch and burn, and eventually make me break out. So, I was on the hunt for a good physical sunscreen after having no reaction to Maybelline's BB creme that had titanium dioxide as the sunscreen. I did some searching and finally found this, and I remembered how many good things I'd heard about CeraVe over the years, so I bought it.

Big mistake. This stuff will not work for my skin. I have combination, sensitive, acne prone skin and this stuff either slides around when I try to put on my primer and foundation, or it pills up. It also makes my foundation (every kind I've tried) look scaly and flaky from the start, then it oxidizes super fast so I look orange after an hour or two, even with foundations I never had that problem with when I didn't use this stuff.

I don't mind the white-ish film, because it honestly helps my foundation look more like my skin when it's first applied (I'm super pale, so sometimes my foundations are like half a shade off without mixing in some white), but the feeling of it is so heavy and weird. It's like I have a clay mask on my face or something.

Basically, it's like this for me...

Pros:
Sunscreen
I didn't have an allergic reaction
I don't think it made me break out worse

Cons:
Feels so heavy
Never seems to dry properly
Does not spread easily
Does not dry clear
Makes my makeup apply horribly, even with primer

If I had an emergency need for facial sunscreen, and this was the only product available, I would use it. But I wouldn't be happy about it.

on 3/5/2016 1:06:00 PM

Very disappointed. Allergic reaction of some sort.

I recently purchased Cerave PM moisturizer and have been very happy with it - it calmed my seasonal eczema down.

I've been using sunscreen every morning for about 15 years now. Admittedly, LA Roche Posey is very good, but the price point for me is a bit high.

So was happy that Cerave had an offering with high spf. I don't even kind that it is white for a bit as a dermatologist has told me before that you need to apply a sufficient amount, almost that is all white on your face.

Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

High SPF
Price Point

Cons:

It does leave a film and my makeup does not go on well. I use a brush to apply foundation so I feel the stickiness when holding the brush, and see my fingerprints if I do not wash my hands before foundation application.
Whatever it contains, it has caused my face to react and become rashy. I can't see it but can feel it. It is almost like it is very dry and my skin has started flaking. And it stings.

Overall, would not recommend due to my reaction, and the fact it states it is hypoallergenic.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm not surprised by the low rating! The claim "invisible zinc' is a joke. I have pretty fair skin, and the white cast is crazy. Yes, it is possible to really work it in if you use a little and really press into the skin...but using so little does not give adequate sun protection. Also, when I have dry skin this disaster turns into a catastrophe. White cast will not fade and flakes everywhere.

on 1/20/2016 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product because of the rating it got on beautyPedia (paulas choice) and because of the great skin ingredients.I don't care for the chemical sunscreens as much as the sun blockers. I love the Cera Ve cleansers and moisturizers bit this sunscreen is not good. The first time I used it I put a dime size amount in the palm of my hands and rubbed it between my fingers that's when I felt little gritty pills like things. Like there was a micro scrub in it. I thought maybe I used touch also I notice there was a white film (not to bad) on my face that people thought I was sick.the next day I put it on with a beauty blender. That left little scrubbies in my blender so I had to buy a new one. I thought maybe it was mixing with the aha's that I use so I experimented for a week. One day I used the cleanser and moisturizer then put on sunscreen still had the gritty sensation and the white cast. The next day I used a cleanser and the sunscreen still had the cast and you could really see it in my eyebrows. I'm going to keep the product because I'm not throwing it away at $12 a tube however I think I'm only going to use it in the summer time at the pool that way is expected to have a white face. But I'm going to go back to my Neutrogena liquid sunscreen for under my makeup. But if you haven't already you need to try the Cera Ve cleansers and moisturizers they are awesome. .. not greasy or oily and they work great.

Almost $14 for 2oz

IT WILL LEAVE YOUR FACE WHITE. NO, I DIDN'T APPLY TOO MUCH.

It has a thicker consistency than Murad matte primer and it will NOT spread easily or evenly.

No smell or irritation, feels like nothing on skin but looks straight up WHITE on the face!!

on 8/27/2015 3:15:00 PM

This has got to be one of the worst sunscreens I've ever used. It leaves a strong white grey cast on the skin. It's not completely absorbed by the skin no matter how much rubbing or waiting time is allowed for. It definitely shows up pores on the skin - see the photo I uploaded of my arm. I used my usual daily foundation over the top of it (Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous) and it made look so cakey, matte and flat. This foundation is otherwise quite natural looking. The only positive I can find is that it didn't irritate my skin or make it feel greasy. Definitely not a rebuy. Awful!

on 7/28/2015 11:41:00 AM

My dermatologist recommends cerave with ceramics spf for daily wear which is great but I wanted to try this one because I believe it's new. Not light weight at all, it leaves a horrible super white ghost like residue even if you blend it out well. It casts an awful grey cast under foundation. No cerave this in light weight and it's in the face isle not body isle so I know this is geared towards the face.