Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation

Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation

3.4

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just finished my first bottle and I'm for sure i'm buying it again. It is pricey but stays with you for a year! It is not oily in my skin and dorsn't nees retouch even after 12 hrs. I use it only with my fingertips and it works fine.

on 3/16/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I received this as a gift from my fab MUA friend shulamit who could not wear this color (Classic 60). I wear tinted sunscreen during the day and now I use this at night. It's pale but not chalky, sheer and neutral and blends like a dream over primer and/or moisturizer. It's great for dry skin like mine and covers rosacea and any spots perfectly. It does not contain sunscreen so it's perfect for evenings out. Works fantastically with my beauty blender sponge. Beautiful bottle to match my beautiful friend!

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly I hated this foundation at first. I've had it for months and only bought it because I had a sephora gift card. I used it for a few weeks and I decided I didn't like it and I moved on to Dior skin star foundation (which is beautiful). My shade in Dior is a bit off so I've been mixing a tiny dot of the star into the D&G and it looked gorgeous. My skin looked even better throughout the day! I've switched to using just the D&G and I have no clue what I was missing last time. It's perfect and looks just like skin. I put tarte Maracuja oil on, then I put on the YSL primer with gold flakes, then use a beauty blender to blend the D&G into my skin. I do have very dry skin usually but using these products you could never tell. I get annoyed when I see people give products bad reviews because they settle into their dry patches. You shouldn't rely on makeup to make your skin look better. Adding foundation on top of super dry skin is only going to make it look worse and yes, anything will settle into your dry patches. MOISTURIZE your skin and focus on your skin first, then your makeup routine. You won't be disappointed. Yes this isn't cheap, but when it comes to makeup you pay for what you get. Be happy with your skin first.

on 8/15/2015 7:25:00 PM

It's amazing

on 8/7/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bar none, this is the most high maintenance foundation I have ever come across. I've worn this for the last week and I'm still scratching my head at it.

The packaging for it is gorgeous: a weighted glass bottle with gold cap and writing. It's lovely as you might expect a $61 foundation to be. The pump dispenses an adequate amount of product, though for the coverage I like, I often add a quarter pump more. It's a liquidy foundation, but not entirely runny. If you move your hand, it will slowly slide in the direction you point your hand.

The pigmentation starts at a very nice medium coverage; it's very lightweight and I've forgotten I've even been wearing foundation several times throughout the day. It comes in a variety of shades, 15 in total. There are some shades for POC, but for the most part, it is not entirely a very inclusive brand. I wore 75 Bisque which is approximately NC15; it fits cool yellow undertones very well. It looked very natural when first applied and definitely allows your skin to breathe.

The wear time is OK; a primer definitely helps (with one, I got through maybe 5-6 hours before wear and tear was starting), though this is where the product starts to get fussy. I experimented with several primers on this foundation: Laura Mercier Hydrating (my HG; water-based) and upon learning it hated water-based primers in separating (this is a silicone-based foundation), I experimented with a few silicone-based primers (Porefessional, Hourglass Veil Mineral, and Smashbox Blemish Free.) It played best with Hourglass Veil Mineral (and I suspect it is because it is a similar type of product to the D&G Primer that is an outrageous ~$60 for 1 oz.), but it was still very drying and definitely showed off my dry patches. I also noticed that it oxidized throughout the day. The other two primers I tried also experienced separation while I used the same moisturizer for all attempts (CeraVe in the tub). Like I said, it's high maintenance. It did not oxidize orange, but it was a few stops short of going there.

I have sensitive skin due to medication, and I don't *think* it broke me out, but the last few days I have been seeing some zits crop up, so I'm not sure if it is because of this or my diet (I had my bosses come in from out of town; a lot of crappy eating.)

Overall, between the price, highlighting my dry spots, and being a general pain in the ass, I just can't justify using this product and would not repurchase.

Pros:

- Variety of shades
- Medium pigmentation
- Natural-looking finish
- Not scented
- Gorgeous packaging
- Comes with a pump that dispenses ideal amount of product

Cons:

- Highlights dry patches
- Oxidizes
- Very high maintenance (does not play nice with all silicone-based primers)
- Limited shades for POCs

Even though this foundation is supposed to suit all the different skin types, I do notice that we girls with dry-very dry skin are actually liking it more than our friends with combination or oily skin.

To me - this is a perfect skin foundation. It is quite lightweight, takes seconds to apply and it doesn't go stripy, doesn't oxidize and just beautifies my overall complexion. Considering my skin sometimes has dry patches here and there, D&G foundation seems to smooth them so that they don't even show. It also manages to cover pores on my nose and some of the dark spots I have on my chin from old blemishes. I do notice that whenever I wear this product my skin feels happy, it can breathe and the formula only compensates what my dry skin naturally lacks.

I think if you want a better review on this product it is worth checking out this in-depth review here. Hopefully it will be beneficial to some of you!

on 10/11/2014 9:42:00 PM

This liquid foundation actually has a creamy consistency, although not as thick as Ellis Faas, it spreads easily and well. Color match is actually very good, and the color 100 Natural Glow is an almost perfect match for my NC25 skin. Despite all this, I have a myriad of problems with this foundation. When it's on, it just doesn't look good. It's advertised as a dewy, luminous finish but I see an almost sweaty finish that is dry to the touch. Like a perfecting foundation with tons of oil shining through. Not the best finish at all - not to mention that it seems to emphasize all textural issues. With the foundation on, my skin color may be evened out but my overall skin actually looks worse. So strange! Such a disappointment for me as I had such high hopes for this one. Even the long wearing Lancome TI 24H and Armani LSF are better at blurring skin textures. It is easy to spread, but seems to dry to a cakier finish that seems to sit on top of the skin rather than meld not matter how much I try to work/buff it in. On top of all this, it doesn't seem to hold up during the day and feels heavier on the skin. This foundation is a no-go for me. I actually tried and like the Dolce & Gabbana cream foundation, but decided to buy this one because I generally like liquid foundations better than cream. That was a decidedly bad decision.

on 8/22/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I was pretty surprised to see such low ratings for this foundation, especially since I find all of the D&G foundations quite nice. I was on the hunt for a long wearing, nearly full coverage foundation with luminosity. My skin ranges from normal to extremely dry, but is in otherwise good shape. This foundation wore VERY well for my entire work day without budging, did not turn oily, nor did it make my skin feel dry. It doesn't set as "wet" as you might expect a luminous foundation to, but has a gold pearlescent sheen to it that makes the skin looks luminous and perfect. It's got components in it that might make flaky or very dry skin a little uncomfortable. It's not hydrating, it's just not drying. I don't know what the description is for coverage but on me this is full coverage. I got the color Natural Glow 100. I wear NC 20/25 in MAC, GA Luminous Silk 3.5, UD Naked Skin 3... I love YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat but only have a color match (BD10) in the winter as B30 is WAY yellow (but would otherwise match), and B40 is too dark (BD40 is a little lighter but kind of ashy). I love the YSL enough to mix to get my color but it's nice that this has a match for me. On most days YSL provides enough coverage and wear for a casual work day or running errands, but when I want to really take it up a notch with coverage, this is the ticket, I really love this foundation. Stay tuned for a comparison shot of me wearing this next to me wearing YSL.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is my HG foundation. I have tried soooo many high-end foundations but this one has the most beautiful finish and doesn't harm my skin. Thank you once again D&G for another AMAZING product!

This is bad foundation I ever used