It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi

It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi

3.7

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Jojoba Esters, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Prunus Cerasus (Bitter Cherry) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410:1).

I was so excited to purchase this, as I have wanted it for quite some time. This is basically a lip balm formula product in a lipstick tube. When you apply it, the balm goes on clear but develops into a subtle, bubblegum pink type color. It's a really pretty sheer stain, and was a great way for my to explore wearing more pink lip products without being too bold. But it's too drying....or something. It doesn't FEEL drying, but it causes my lips to peel every time I wear it. Forget using this product on a date unless you want flaky lips for the rest of the night!

on 4/10/2017 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love the concept, hate the product. I thought I was applying gently, but mine broke immediately upon first application. I could deal with it being broken, but I found the balm itself drying, not to mention it smelled exactly like Play-Doh. I'm wondering if I got a dud...but I've lost all interest and for the price wouldn't bother trying again.

I'm on a quest for the most succulent cruelty free lip stain I can find. I may have struck lip stain gold with the beauty. After much googling, I have a short list of lip stains to try, and It Cosmetics 4 in 1 blah blah (the title is so long!) was at the top. I am a regular at my local Ulta, and I've always skipped the It Cosmetics aisle. Silly girl I was! Yes, this baby is pricey, but I'm a profligate gal, life is so short, and my lips need help. Once at my salon, the makeup girl said, "Your lips are thin, but they're pretty." She was right. So I'm always looking for something to fatten them up a little without irritating them and drying them out. Also, I want the perfect shade of pink. Good gravy, I'm high maintenance! Je Ne Sais Quoi is clear in the tube, so at first, I thought, "What the hell?" But I slathered it on anyway. That was a mistake. I went past my natural lip line and looked a little goofy that day because, while it looks clear, once Je Ne Sais Quoi gets on your lips, it performs some sexy voodoo. On me, it turned my dream pink. Natural, but better. A little darker than my own lips, but not weird and fakey. And it made my thin but pretty lips seem a little fuller. Oh yes! The second day, I was smarter and I used my Lipstick Queen pink lip liner first, and I was much more careful. Another wonderful thing about It Cosmetics 4 in 1 blah blah is that it is incredibly, super dooper moisturizing. It is not sticky, goopy, or gross like lip gloss. It is luscious, it really makes my lips very soft and hydrated, and it lasts for several hours. The packaging is functional but nothing special. It is kind of expensive, but again, I work overtime just so I can blow my cash at Ulta and Sephora. I will buy this glorious lip stain/balm/magical potion in other colors next payday.

on 2/11/2016 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to try this product curious how the color would appear on my lips. It was mediocre at best. I was not impressed. Moisturized my lips OK, but not better than drug store lip balms. Color seems to last about an hour or two. Definitely not long wearing. The appearance of the color was not what I expected. Depends on your complexion I guess because some people rave about the flush of pink they get. Mine was a little "off" which I can only describe as a little too 80s neon pale pink which is not a look I am going for at this time. It may work well if I layer this with some other lipsticks, I will have to give that a try because I will not be wearing this alone. The price of this product was way too high considering the performance and color quality payoff. Physicians Formula PH lip gloss is a product which changes color on my lips. Not an exact dupe but I like the appearance, sheen, and color much better at over half the price!!!! I will not be repurchasing this and was very disappointed. Waste of money!

on 3/12/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I saw this on an informercial and bought it at ulta. Needless to say, I wasted my money and it sits on my dresser. Its supposed to be a balm, stain, and lipstick in one. As far as the balm, it sucks. I had to constantly reapply because it was very drying to the point my lips were chapped from it. It does last as a stain, like it or not. The color ended up a bright fuschia on me. It also sucks as a lipstick. For the price, I expected alot better.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's lip balm...

It's vaguely pale sheeny pink.

It's incredibly sheer and non-pigmented - I can barely see it on.

It has fancy packaging, pearlized pink with a magnetic closure.

Would I spend $24 for it?

No way.
(Recieved this in a gift set for Christmas.)

I feel like I may be missing something, but sadly, I suspect that I'm not.

Cheap natural brand lip balm works fine for me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was excited to try this. Felt nice on my lips, but the color was so light as to be almost invisible. I have quite a fair complexion and was surprised that it didn't turn darker on me.

There are many of these "custom" lip colors that react to PH or whatever available. I haven't found one that's as pretty as this. It doesn't turn hot pink like every other I've tried. I also enjoy the texture. It's moisterizing and has a nice slip.

My favorite balm-lipstick ever! It turns super hot Barbie pink on me and I love it! I was wearing a lot of matte lipsticks and this was a welcome change because it is so hydrating! The only thing I hate is the fact that it is so soft it ends up falling apart. Luckily there is matching lipgloss that does the exact same thing, with better packaging!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It turns a beautiful warm peachy pink on me. Love the smooth slick feel and keeps my lips moist and smooth. No taste which great nor smell. if you are looking for dark it won't be it works with your chemistry. The old time ones used to turn a horrible pink. Thanks It cosmetics I love this stuff and can't live without it now that I tried it.