Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder

Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder

2.7

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm wearing this powder today and like the first few times I've worn it, I realize it's not as soft as I'd like it to be. I have softer powders, but that's my only complaint. Good lasting power and I found my shade. As for the luminosity, every so often when I look in the mirror and I turn my face a certain way, I do see particles of shimmer but nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm wearing it here at work and I don't feel embarrassed by the way it looks. It would be a repurchase, but I know for a fact, I have softer powders.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really don't understand this powder. It does absolutely Nothing to my face apart from shimmering.I don't even feel like I have powder on my face when I use it. I really don't consider this a face powder. It's more like something I'd prefer using as an eye shadow because of the shimmer. I personally have this at the moment and I'm just using it alongside my mac mineralise powder because I don't want my money to go to waste. Wouldn't buy again .

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Well I guess this really is a "your mileage may vary product." I wanted just a tiny bit more shimmer than it offers. I mean, I actually see no shimmer at all. It does a C- job of mattifying (I am combo/oily) but the color pay off is meh. I got the darkest shade available it is still a good two shades lighter than I need it to be. (It looked much darker online). I think I'm done with my Sleek experiment. So far, nothing I've purchased and waited two weeks for has wowed me.

This is exactly what I have been looking for, a product that doesn't have the extreme shimmer effect and more of a light reflecting powder.

I wanted a powdered product that I could use as highlight (without the extreme shimmer effect) and this is perfect the tiny shimmer particles are fine but give you a glow that reflects the light.

The powder puff that comes with this is useless but I prefer to use a big fluffy powder brush anyway

This powder is cheap to buy and packaging is sturdy with a mirror inside, overall great!

This is the first sleek product that I have been disappointed with :( it really did nothing for my skin. I looked shiny and oily on my t zone within an hour or so, which is a lot less time than with most powders. you couldnt seen the luminous (sparkly) bits at all and it didnt have a nice texture. wont be buying or using again

on 3/27/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Product Description: With SPF 15 to protect against harmful UV rays, Luminous Pressed Powder is infused with light reflecting mica pigments for a fresh, dewy glow. $9 on Sleek website.

I just received this powder and I like it. I admit I thought it would be bigger than it is. (It isn't as big as MAC MSF.) I've been on the hunt for a replacement for my MSF, and I think this might be it. When you open the compact, immediately you see sparkles in this powder. I was thinking "damn do I have to use this as a highlighter now?", but when you put it on your skin, there is no shimmer or sparkle at all. It does give a "glow" or "radiance" to the skin. I think any skin type could use this. I don't have oily skin, so I can't say how well it would control oil. It does not take much product at all.

Today I only used concealer and this, and I'm happy with the coverage. Its not massive coverage, but it does even out the skintone. I am about a MAC NC10-15, and I ordered this in Shade 01 for fair skin. Good color match.

Would definitely repurchase.